Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Camera help? Nikon vs Canon

I have a Canon Rebel t3i. It's a great camera for me! I love it so far, and so does my mom. She's been wanting a camera for a while, the one I have or one like it. After she was shopping around she came at me with wanting the Rebel I have, or a Nikon d3300. She was asking me about differences. I have no idea really, they seem fairly similar.

I told her I'd ask around, to see if anyone knows how similar they are - besides the obvious differences Nikon and Canon might have, is there anyone in here who is familiar with both and could give me any idea?

Any help/input appreciated
Old 04-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I shoot canon, my mom bought a Nikon. I have no clue how to help her, it's very different.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Is your Canon the entry model???

In that case it's really more which does she prefer: apples or oranges. I shoot Nikon, my hubby shoots Canon. The settings are different, the location of the buttons is different, but really it's just personal preference, both companies make a great camera.

I always recommend going to the store and playing with each model. My Nikon is substantially heavier (in weight) than his...I like that, but some people want something lighter. Usually just holding them will give someone their answer.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We just got a new Nikon after having Canon for years. It's a lot lighter, and so far I love it. I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to cameras but so far the Nikon seems easier for me to understand and use.