Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-26-2021, 10:13 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I just measured my monitor and it is 23 inches. I have an U shaped desk and sit at an angle, so I don't think two monitors are my best option, but I measured the area and I could fit a much bigger one, so guess what I will be purchasing in the not too distant future. I can take the one I have and recycle it to the other side of the room to my work station and use it for working at home. The one I have there now is a measly 15 inches and at the office I use two 27 inch ones and am adding a third in the near future. Being a Planner means I need to look at a lot of information and how it falls in line with everything else, so bigger is better.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I say go big or go home! Lol bigger the better! I just recently added a 3rd monitor (got a free one from hubby's work) and while they are different sizes- I LOVE using 3! Sometimes I just watch Netflix on one while using the other 2 for scrapping... or one for all the previews of the supplies I'm using etc. I'm on my phone so I can't seem to link my desk pic- but here's my setup!
https://www.flickr.com/gp/139774214@N02/014W0M
Great setup, Amie!! I have 3 monitors. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Yup, just the one little monitor. I guess because I'm used to it... I've always been on a laptop since I started designing. At work I have three massive screens, so maybe it would feel too much like being at work (911 fire dispatch) to have that at home too. Or else I'm just getting old and I now need glasses for reading but my distance vision is way better than perfect! As in, I can read the teeny tiny "made by" print under the tiny print on the eye chart at the eye doctor's office. Last time I went I asked if I could just skip to that part and he was amazed that I could see it!
LOL! I guess it makes sense that you don't want it to feel like work. I have a 15 inch laptop, and I despise scrapping on it. My eyesight is getting so bad. I really need to have my eyes checked. I'm sure I need glasses for the computer!
Old 06-26-2021, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is my setup. They are 21-inch monitors.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't read this all. I used to scrap with a 24" monitor and thought it was GREAT after upgrading from a 18 or 19". However, my eyesight and needs have changed since then. At work I use two 19" monitors and I liked that set up quite a bit until I was visiting my friend in her office and she has two 32" monitors in her work space and I was like "THIS IS IT!!" It was amazing! So that's what I want now... dual monitors at least that big, yet, here I sit on a 17" laptop.

Once my husband finishes the basement room and I get my office (after my kid moves downstairs) I am going to get a destop and set myself up the way I want. It will mostly be for scrapping but right now I'm also taking classes and a second monitor would be awesome for that as well because most of my books are digital so I have a book open as well as several other things. Sometimes I use my iPad propped up next to my laptop so that it kind of serves as a second monitor.