Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Help with kids jeans?

So my girlsare somewhere between a 6x and a 7. They're tall and thin, and I have the hardest time trying to find pants that fit well. For a while the Lei jeans at walmart fit great, even though the knees wore out fast, and we ended up with holes, I didn't mind since they were cheap. But they aren't fitting well anymore. Even if I tighten the waistband, they still are getting too short too fast and constantly fall downto where I can see their panties, and the 7s are way too big. I did try Old Navy's this year but I don't like how low the waist are on those either, and lol they were rediculously short after one wash. Last time I boughtfrom the Children's place, I didn't like those either, but it's been awhile, and I don't remember what Ididn't like about them.

Is there a brand you love for your little girls? Just this past week and a half, we got 5 pairs of jeans with holes, and 2 more pairs that are for sure too short to wear again. I'm just going to have to buy all new while they're on Christmas break, before they go back toschool, and since I'm going tohave to buy somany pairs right now, I'm hoping to find some I will actually like that aren't cut too low, and have some decent length.

Any suggestions are welcome!! I might just end up with lots of leggings and tights and just buy a ton of skirts lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughters are the same size and same build. I use to love the Gap Kids Jeggings for them but last time I looked online they didn't have any in stock. We don't have a 77 Kids in our town but they have worked well for them in the past and jeans from 77 were just on sale for $10!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Mini Boden has great slim jeans with an elastic adjustable waist. Their stuff seems to run long to me. Unfortunately, you have to order online and take a chance on them.

ETA: OH! And, if I remember correctly, Levi's has long slim jeans too. They have them at Sears.

Last edited by YepBrook; 12-19-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Do you have an outlet mall near you? Try Gymboree Outlet or Gap Outlet or Levi Outlet. Starting next week there should be lots of nice sales. A lot of retail outlets put tons of stuff on sale after Christmas.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have a justice by y ou? My daughter is 7 1/2 and she is long and very very very narrow. She wears a 6 slim and those jeans fit her like a glove!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Slim kids here too..we like Penneys, Gymboree, and Crazy 8 slim jeans

Crazy 8 has their jeans on sale right now...worth buying some to try.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really know what all is around here yet but thanks for the sugestions!! I'll just look up online these places and see whats nearby.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Buckle carries girls' sizes, but IDK how small they go in sizes. But Nordstrom carries the same brands and they go lower in size. 7 for all mankind makes long jeans. (Obviously none of these options is cheap. BUT, I know all too well how important it is to have jeans that are long enough. I was 5'9" tall by age 11. Jeans were NEVER long enough.)
Gap does a slim jean for girls and it's SLIM. I think it might only be available online, but I might be wrong. And H&M's jeans seem long--my DD is 5 and they're long on her (and she's TALL). But they're not very slim IMO.
GL finding some jeans that work!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I always love JCPenneys for my boys who wore the plus sizes in little boys and my daughter was between slim and regular when she was little. Their prices are really good and I never had an issue with them wearing out but then my kids didnt wear jeans a whole lot because we live in Central Florida. They would whine if I made them wear anything more then a hoodie most days and by the end of the day even a hoodie was usually to much

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Levi slims and Justice slims fit my skinny minnie girl the best. Levis are more expensive unless you luck out and find them at Kohls. I buy my son's Levis there but never have much luck finding them for the girls there. If you shop Justice, make sure you have a coupon or that they're doing a 40% off sale to save yourself some $$$. Happy shopping!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'd check out Crazy 8 slim jeans. I have a 9 yo with a booty and a skinny 6 year old and they both have problems fitting in jeans other places (The Children's Place jeans don't work for them) but we had great luck at Crazy 8.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

madelyn is the same build. we finally settled on Justice slims, crazy 8 slims and sometimes old navy's

Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My almost 4 year old is tall and slim. I ended up getting her 4 slims at Kohls. They are the only jeans that fit her and they still had the adjustable waist.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Levi's and actually the slims are too slim for my peanut. But Levi's fit both my girls really well and they both are wildly different.