Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Angry Switching from PC to Mac? Major computer issues...

For the last 2 weeks I've had major problems with my Dell Alienware computer. Had to delete everything off and do a factory reset, started adding everything back on and organizing all my scrap supplies and it crashed again. It's some sort of Windows issue. I've paid for the technical support and spent about 10 hours on the phone or on hold with them. We supposedly fixed it last night, but the screen is glitching again and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I get the "blue screen of death" again. Plus after the "fix" my solid state drive that's 1 terabyte is not viewable. Tried calling again this morning and after an hour on hold was told that the level 2 support wasn't answering. I have to be somewhere in an hour and don't have time to keep holding. I spent extra money on this computer 2 years ago so it would last, but Windows seems to keep screwing up my computers and I'm over it.

So, I've never considered switching to a Mac, but I'm there now. What kind of learning curve is it? I've also got tons of scrapping supplies and have always deleted the Mac file that's included with them. Would my digi files by usable on a Mac? All my pictures are backed up on external hard drives. Would I be able to view them or transfer them to the MAC?
Give me your stories of switching and let me know if you think it's worth it.
Thanks!