Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2016, 11:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life Advice Needed Please!

You guys, I need some advice. I did weekly 2-page Project Life spreads all throughout 2015. I LOVE the way my pages turned out and can't wait to get my book printed (once I finally get caught up and finished!), but...I have to be realistic. My schedule as of late is just too crazy for me to continue doing it this way. It takes me on average about 5-6 hours to do one spread. I've tried to figure out a faster way, but I can't. I'm too detail-oriented/OCD. So, with all that said. do you guys have any suggestions for continuing Project Life in a non-weekly fashion? I still want to get our photos printed and everyday memories documented but just need to find a way to do it in a faster, more convenient method. Any input is appreciated! (Disclaimer: This is also posted on the SSD Chatter FB page).
Old 01-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well there is the Project Life app by Becky Higgins where you just pop everything in the pockets. Like regular digi pocket scrapping but quicker and you can do it while in the go. For example if you're sitting in the car while someone else is driving. You can upload your kits to the app via Dropbox or similar services. It might work for you?!
Old 01-20-2016, 12:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I struggle with project life format to begin with - it is not faster for me... but I'm loving Si's Project life templates and then Ana's life story set... I'm pretty much leaving it very basic... and I was able to quickly put two weeks together. Only has one photo a day, which probably helped, haha.

mine:

Old 01-20-2016, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I tried doing my pocket album non-weekly last year - and it was awful! I got behind but then I could just do a week here or there because they had to be scrapped in order. I tossed what I had done and started over - now I'm a few months in on a much faster, easier weekly approach and I think I'll finish 2015 up soon.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If you find a way, let me know! I'm in the same boat. I love having my PL pages to look back on, but they take longer than my regular pages and I can't keep it up. I'm planning to try the PL App once it comes out for Android next month. You can use journal cards from here (though you'd have to write on them with another app), and I'm hoping that the limitations of the app (no elements or layering) will force me to simplify and speed up.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I second Simone's templates. You don't even need to embellish them at all. I used the paint bucket to fill any coloured areas.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My approach to PL last year also forced me to spend 5-6 hours on a SINGLE spread. LOL. We're on the same boat here! This year, I decided to keep it simpler. 1 kit for a whole month (I used to do 2 kits per month), less embellishments, and use Simone's template (posted above).
Old 01-22-2016, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like the clean & simple ideas. You could also maybe just do the pictures and not worry about ellies & journaling... saving those for special layouts. At least you'd have all your photos from the year!