Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2023, 10:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Entertainment recommendations needed

I've been binging shows and have started reading more.

Anything you want to recommend?...a tv show, movie or book?

I just finished watching Shelter on amazon prime and enjoyed it. I think we have one more episode of Only Murders In The Building to watch.

I haven't seen a good horror movie lately. Have you?

We just started watching Yellowstone and so far am hooked.

As for books, lately I've enjoyed Simply Lies, I Will Find You and Confessions on the 7:45.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My hubby & I have been on a little Star Trek kick since we added Paramount+ onto our Amazon Prime membership at the end of September. We've watched Picard & Star Trek: Strange New Worlds so far. It has been pretty engaging!
Old 10-08-2023, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need a good book!

Old 10-09-2023, 11:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mostly, hubby watches TV and I play/read on my phone. We usually watch one episode of a show I'd be interested in. I'm a big wimp, so I only watch silly shows. Right now we're watching Burn Notice.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
My hubby & I have been on a little Star Trek kick since we added Paramount+ onto our Amazon Prime membership at the end of September. We've watched Picard & Star Trek: Strange New Worlds so far. It has been pretty engaging!
We're trekies too. I really enjoyed both series but loved ST:SNW a little more than the other.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
I need a good book!
Dalis - what genre do you like? I have lots of recommendations on my goodreads board.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just watched The Raven last night. It's a movie based on Edgar Allen Poe's book. It had John Cusack, Luke Evan, and Brenden Gleeson. I thought it was pretty good. It's an older movie, but I had never seen it. Not really scary, but a bit gory. I think it was on Amazon Prime.
I also watch The Fall tv series on Prime, too. It has Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan. It's about a serial killer, so murder/mystery.

I've been trying to find new things to watch, too. Not much new stuff out there.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This book! The Housemaid by Freida McFadden. Mystery/suspense. A twist as shocking as Gone Girl, and then another one and another. Seriously loved it!

Old 10-09-2023, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished Homecoming by Kate Morton...long but great
I am currently reading Fourth Wing..Not my genre but I am enjoying it.
If you love Only Murders in the Building....Old people and crime. The books Thursday Murder Club are wonderful.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Im so behind on Everything! I seriously have a list of shows in my phone we need to watch. We did just finish Justified: City Primeval, it was good, but I did miss Boyd if you watched the original series. FYI, any Yellowstone fans, I think you’d enjoy Justified.

I was listening to an audiobook a week, but my library card from our previous address expired (6 years later) so I need to go to the county library and get a new one. We’re in a weird area and don’t have anything close.

I did watch the Elvis movie this weekend, took me a couple days, it was good, and the new Netflix movie Happiness for Beginners (Casey from Yellowstone and Ely Kipner from the Office) I watched that in one sitting.

And of course Barbie if you haven’t seen it.

Podcasts- Strike Force Five before it’s completed done, it’s so funny, it’s all the late night hosts basically telling jokes and laughing at each other for an hour.

I do love a good suspense book, Daisy Darker was the last 5 stars on my good reads.

Last edited by nesser1981; 10-10-2023 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When Suits came to Neflix, I started watching it out of curiousity to see Ms. Markle as an actress and have staying because I love the show. I am just a few episodes away from being done the whole series and sad for it. I will miss some of the amazing characters like Louis Litt!

Sex Education on Netflix is a very funny - R-rated show. Not for the kids if they are in the house. All the Yellowstone versions are fabulous - plenty more on Paramount. I too am watching some of Star Treks on Paramount.

Honestly, we could watch the shows on all these streaming sevices for another year before we would get bored.

If you could find Doc Martin from it's beginning. It is magnificent. Might be on something like Acorn.

I could go on and on with shows, and I could go on and on re books but I never remember their titles after reading!

Some that have stood out to me include a series of books, many free Kindle books, by Diney Costeloe such as The Throwaway Children. Author Willow Rose does a series of EvaRaeThomas/FBI/mystery books - some parts were at first not well written but I like the stories and felt they greatly improved as you move along in the books. Loved The Last Rose of Shanghai: A Novel by Weina Dai Randel, Blake Wilder series by auther Elle Gray, Henry and Tom by Michael Atkins was an unexpected book that has always stayed with me, and finally all the books set in New Zealand by Sarah Lark. Loved each and every one of them but do start at the beginning.