Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Am I the only one that is bored with 365

already?

I've been doing good, it's day 19, got my pic for today, just haven't uploaded it yet, but I'm bored. I don't know if its because the weather is crappy or what. I don't know if I'll keep doing it much longer. Seriously, how many interesting pictures can I come up with inside my boring dark house? LOL!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL, no you aren't the only one... I'm trying to go through some photography blogs to get some ideas.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:18 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i haven't uploaded in a lil bit.. I'm just way busy and can't be bothered lol.. I got bored last year trying to find fun piccies for every day though. that's why im just doing ce piccies this time.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was hard for me last year. I didn't make it!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going good with it...helps since I've already packed 365 days under my belt. LOL
Old 01-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Im not bored quite yet. I do take a few days in between uploads though so maybe thats why. I know if I blogged them every single day I would get bored quickly.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Yeah, we've had some boring days this week too, but I just look at my book from last year and remember how great it feels to have that for us to remember our life in 2009 and it keeps me going.

Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

See, I see no reason to make each day fun. I am just trying to get everyday things of my son. Today, my picture was his hair after he took his hat off. Then I will talk about how messy it gets when he puts it on himself. I want to capture things that I wouldn't normally think of and I am not concerned with getting great photos, so I don't think I will get bored that way.
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I guess if I take pictures of the kids it'll keep me busy until its nice outside.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Another thing you could try is to make a theme to go by even if it is just for a few days out of the month so you already know what those days pictures will be

Old 01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I don't upload and post every single day. I KNOW I would get tired of it quickly if I tried to do that. I have a notebook where I write down each day's photo, and I'll upload when I upload. I'm trying really hard to stay stress free with the project this year, in an attempt to stick with it.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got an eye-fi card so it uploads for me! Makes it a little bit easier. I also have 2 cameras to help make sure I have one with me.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I;m not bored yet, but with 4 kids, I can find LOTS of things to take pictures of! but today my picture was an up close shot of this beautiful wine bottle that my mom decorated for me and if I didn't have the p365 project I probably would have never thought to capture it
Old 01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
Yeah, we've had some boring days this week too, but I just look at my book from last year and remember how great it feels to have that for us to remember our life in 2009 and it keeps me going.
I still haven't gotten mine yet!! Hopefully tomorrow!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a little bored with it, only because it's just me and the girls stuck in the house! lol. I got excited taking a pic of the slippers I got for my bro for his bday even. I think it'll be much funner/easier to do when the good weather gets here and we can be out and about more. Today I just did the gas price sign at the gas station - I didn't have a pic for today, and when I went out to fill up the van, I thought what the heck. Might as well do a gas price pic once a month - it'll be an easy pic. But the girls start sweetheart cheerleading at the YMCA this saturday, so I'll prob get a pic of them on their first day. I figured the less I stress and just snap the basic everyday pics, in the end I think it will be cool to look back on it, even if we just hung around the house for the crappy winter months, it'll be there, documented in pics.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yup! Exactly why I gave it up in April last time I did it.

I changed my attitude this year and am not worrying about getting a photo everyday. I am aiming for a layout a week that captures what went on that week. So some days are just so boring that I don't have a photo or other days have so much going on that they have two or more photos.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I'm not bored, I just find my subjects boring. But already I know that with the different things I'm posting, it feels really good to have them done. I know my bag of chips that I posted a few days ago is dumb, it really is a stepping stone in my diet journey, kwim?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

another thing that helps me is if I dont take a picture for a day I use a picture from a day that I took several. My aim is to just have a general idea of my year and to take pictures of things I normally would not. Just to have my camera out everyday to take pictures of something.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I got a little bored b/c I didn't have the kids here with me. I get tired of taking pics of me and think my layouts look a little unbalanced. However, since it is supposed to be realistic...well I didn't have them the first two weeks of the year, so I guess I should capture that.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

I'm amazingly *not* bored yet. The girls are at such a fun age and I'm seriously stoked to look back at the pics 3 or 4 years from now when I am bitching that Emma is almost 10 and driving me batty, and remembering what silly thing she was doing in these pics. We lead a boring life, I know that...I'm trying to embrace it

Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
I'm not bored, I just find my subjects boring. But already I know that with the different things I'm posting, it feels really good to have them done. I know my bag of chips that I posted a few days ago is dumb, it really is a stepping stone in my diet journey, kwim?

Yeah...I remember that photo...the next day I went out and bought a huge bag of regular Lay's chips. LOL
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm the one doing the Snoopy (it's a tiny keychain) in every pic. Surprisingly, that is sort of keeping me going -- even with the most boring pics I think it gives it some interest. Today I have Snoopy with the peel off liner from the sour cream because I just love those liners with their little quotes. Goofy, I know.

Maybe you have something like that you could do once a week (where is your child's favorite stuffed animal -- and put it places around the house if you need to) or even what your pet is doing once a week.

Are there places around your home you like or dislike? Take pics of those. Now that I'm a scrapbooker I think back to the old farmhouse I grew up in as a young kid and wish I had pics of the woodwork, the stained glass windows, the old locks on the doors where you would need those big skeleton keys. Get those pics now when you can. Imagine...things are changing at such a fast rate that the appliances and electronics we use now may look very different than the ones that will be used in 30 years. Won't your children have fun looking back and remembering their childhood home.

Good luck. I dropped out last year. I'm so inspired by what the ladies did here last year with their albums so I'm trying to find ways to stick with it.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefamily View Post
Yup! Exactly why I gave it up in April last time I did it.

I changed my attitude this year and am not worrying about getting a photo everyday. I am aiming for a layout a week that captures what went on that week. So some days are just so boring that I don't have a photo or other days have so much going on that they have two or more photos.
This is the way I am approaching it also. Last Saturday was a good example of this. It was my daughter's birthday, my son's first football game, and I had to take my daughter to urgent care. So I will have three photos from that day alone that will go on that week's layout. There are days where I am not inspired to take a photo of anything, so I don't. And if all else fails and I need some photos, I take few snapshots of my kids.

I don't want to give it up because it encourages me to take photos of our everyday life that I wouldn't normally take. I am not worrying about uploading them anywhere either. I try to take some time once a week to edit the photos I want to use. I haven't gotten around to making a layout yet, but that is where my Log Your Memory Book comes in handy.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
Yeah...I remember that photo...the next day I went out and bought a huge bag of regular Lay's chips. LOL
Bad girl LOL!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I take pics every day..just kinda over worryinga bout p365 though. 19 days in and i haven't blogged yet..pretty sure I won't anytime soon haha just too busy

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still having fun with mine, but it seems to be a lot more about ME than the kids. I suck as a mother. lol
Old 01-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

yeah..I was bored with the blogging. I feel like no one really cares but me anyways so I didn't want to bother with doing it constantly. i have all my pics and I come in every few days and updated my posts at the 5 different places I post them and then that's it. lol I think my pictures are dumb though...lol
Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dont aim to upload at all - I just upload every Sunday or once a week (or any day when it's not too busy). I find it hard to take interesting photos too but that's the challenge of the project, I think. I can take a picture of my pen and it still would have a story, it will just depend on how I will journal on the picture, etc.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The blogging is actually not my problem. I know if no one else reads it my mama does. LOL! Even though I talk to her almost everyday.

I'm hoping when my assignments for school start really coming I'll be more into it too.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i got bored in like feb of last year... but i was doing pics of anything, not just the kids. i take plenty of every day type pictures of the kids.

i think it's a cool idea, but not for me!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What I'm finding is that I love that I'm more motivated to grab my camera each day. For those of you that are good about taking pictures all the time, it might not be a problem, but it is for me. In the past I've never had my camera with me at the right moments, which makes story/memory scrapping so much harder.

Even though I've had some really odd pics... like this week so far is all things instead of people... I just love that I'm more aware of capturing our real life. And if it's boring, then so be it!

Someone mentioned themes and I think that's a great easy way to find motivation for photos and keep you from dreading finding something "new" each day!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not bored yet. I am more stoked that I am still going. And I have blogged everyday. I am trying to blog a story with my photos more for the fact that it will help me later when I want to scrap the photos. I am writing down my thoughts and memories right away rather than trying to remember the details later when I scrap the pictures.

I am also using this as a way to grow in my photography skills. (I have this teeney, weeney dream of possibly going pro one day, even if it is only on the side.) I am experimenting with post processing my photos in hopes to find "my stlye." I also am looking forward to experimenting with things such as long shutter speeds, sun flare, etc.

And since I am posting them on Facebook, my MIL comments all the time that she loves seeing new pics of the grandkids everyday.

I visit other 365 blogs daily, not only to comment and cheer them on (because it is so much easier to keep up with it if you know that people are looking at your photos and possibly looking forward to the next one) but also for inspiration.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

im not blogging. and im not uploading anywhere, but surprisingly, ive kept up with the photos and im up to date with scrapping them. Ive really enjoyed looking at the two layouts ive done so far, and im encouraged by the thought of having a whole book of them at the end of the year.

Ive taken so many more photos than i normally do, which i think is the best part. When weve had nothing interesting on that day, ive just staged a photo shoot with my kiddo. Hes had more photo shoots this year than in the past 6 months and im loving the results. I have so many pics i want to blow up for our walls and give to relos as gifts.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I find it amazing that I am not bored yet - generally I have the attention span of a knat. I don't try and blog or even upload every day, but so far I have been able to keep up with it - We are also in the middle of this big move and I think that has kept me with stuff to take pictures of - I fully expect to get bored by March

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 01-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm not bored with it although I've had a few panic moments trying to think about what my picture would be for the day. My goal is not to take gorgeous pictures of random items in my house - my goal is to document our lives even if the picture itself is boring. So three weeks in, I feel really good about that. I'm scrapping them one week at a time and then just uploading that one page to my blog over the weekends.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not bored at all. I'm taking mostly photos of my kids, but some of other things (like our recent snowstorm, or the scenery along the lake at my place of work.) I'm uploading to Facebook daily with my notes, but only "publishing" the ones I think will be interesting to others - mainly the kids.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm still enjoying it. From past experience I know the boredom will probably set in around April, but the habit is so ingrained at that point that I just keep going, grab some dinos or clone figures & a toothbrush & see what inspiration strikes. Kids toys have kept me motivated since Jan 2008.

This year I have a list of 12 things I want photographed every month plus a list of ideas for the 17-19 days of the month & I find that & looking at photos in the DPS 365 flickr pool help keep me motivated
Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not bored at all, even though I have some disadvantages: no kids, work all day and I only come back when it's dark... Yep, definitely tricky some days, but I'm hanging on so far! LOL One thing that helped me is to get really close to the things I want to take pix of: it changes my point of view on those everyday things, and it helps make them new again!

Signature created using "To The Moon And Back" by Amanda Yi & Meghan Mullens
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I'm getting a little bored...but I try to go on photo walks and find new interesting things to take pictures of.
I don't have kids so my pictures tend to be a bit more boring than others.
My main goal with p365 is to try some new techniques, both photography and post-processing. Mainly make myself a better photographer.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Colleen! I started out uploading every day then got overwhelmed! I also sometimes take 2 pictures in one day - yesterday I took one knowing good and well it would be today's picture! A year from now I'll never remember that little detail.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm at Day 26, and around Day 11 I was feeling like I should give up but I've forced myself to keep going. And what I've been doing is kind of documenting things, so I can look back later, or I'll force myself to see things differently and get in there to get the shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
already?

I've been doing good, it's day 19, got my pic for today, just haven't uploaded it yet, but I'm bored. I don't know if its because the weather is crappy or what. I don't know if I'll keep doing it much longer. Seriously, how many interesting pictures can I come up with inside my boring dark house? LOL!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=nesser1981;591039]The blogging is actually not my problem. I know if no one else reads it my mama does. LOL! Even though I talk to her almost everyday.

QUOTE]

I read your blog..my mother might die however if she read mine...but I like to blog and I am finding it easy for my photos. I take what makes me smile or something that will at least represent what I did that day or how I felt. I like to blog hop and love to read why someone chose a certain photo. But I am just nosey like that.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i'm not so much bored, just crabby about busting the camera out every day. :P i've used my iphone for a few of the days, so that helps.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

although i haven't posted my pictures i have been keeping up but i'm at the point that i know that i won't get a picture a day (maybe i should be a little more positive)...i think when that time comes i will try for a picture a week (definitely more realistic for me)...my ultimate goal this year is to get more pictures of my family and they just may be more difficult than a picture a day...