Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone have all three accounts- Kindle, Nook, and iboooks?

And if you do, how do you decide what books to add to what accounts? And why do you have the different accounts? Which ones do you have?

I have had a nook account for several years and love it. The prices are good, the Free Friday selections can be decent, the daily deals often have books I like, and some of their sales are good. I just recently purchased or got free some ibooks for my ipad which were better deals than the Nook, and I am still undecided as to what I think of iBooks- the prices seem higher on some things.

Well, today it dawned on me that I could have a kindle account on my ipad along with my other two accounts. (Yeah, I know it is something I should have thought of years ago, but I hate the fact that they use proprietary software instead of epub.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

me

I have the nook account from my job, the kindle account forever, and ibooks simply because it was easy to get stuff that way with my ipad. I buy from whatever account either has a balance or the cheapest price for books. I prefer to buy from my kindle account- it's my first choice- simply because I have 2 kindles plus the apps on my iOS devices.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have Kindle and iBooks, but have generally tended to buy from Amazon. I can read the Kindle books on the Kindle, my desktop PC, my Nexus and my iPhone and iPad. The iBooks can only be read on the iPhone and iPad. I do like using iBooks for reading PDF files.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 kindles and a kindle fire. So, I've had Kindle account forever. Amazon is the only place I buy the books (if any). I use iBook mostly for PDF files. I've noticed that even though I have lot less 'files' or books on ibooks, it takes up lot more space on my iPad/iPhone compared to kindle books.