Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-17-2020, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Blue light glasses

I'm curious to see if these things really help. Has anyone tried them and can tell me if it helps?
Old 01-17-2020, 12:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My mom has been using them at night when reading her kindle... she swears by them. I haven't tried them... I would like to find a non yellow version that would work.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m a photographer and I know of several other photographers that use them. They all swear they help.

I already have to wear glasses so adding the blue tint makes me nervous how I’d see everything...if that makes sense? I spend about 5+ hours a day in front of my computer (more if we’re counting tablet & phone screens) though so I really need to find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2020, 12:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The eye doctor just had my daughter get the Eye Zen glasses to help reduce the amount of blue light... she is always on her computer for school. She says they help, she does have a prescription too, but I think you can get them without. They are clear and you'd never know that they help block the blue light.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-17-2020, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
My mom has been using them at night when reading her kindle... she swears by them. I haven't tried them... I would like to find a non yellow version that would work.
Have you looked at the ones by Quay Australia? They look like they're non orange and quite a few styles to choose from. Can't speak for the effect or quality of them, but they seem to be popular here in Norway.
https://www.quayaustralia.com/
Just saw they also have an offer for a free pair of blue light glasses when you spend $100
Old 01-17-2020, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
I’m a photographer and I know of several other photographers that use them. They all swear they help.

I already have to wear glasses so adding the blue tint makes me nervous how I’d see everything...if that makes sense? I spend about 5+ hours a day in front of my computer (more if we’re counting tablet & phone screens) though so I really need to find something.

I'm sure your local optician has a pair with the anti blue light coating so you can try before you buy.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got readers/computer glasses about a year ago to help with focus issues and fatigue. They added the blue light filter and they are clear as clear can be. I LOVE them. My husband is director of IT at his firm, and he is always looking at screens. He has a pair of blue-light filter glasses JUST for this reason, and he wears them almost all the time, lol. He swears they help him with night driving, because the lights of oncoming vehicles don't glare so much into his eyes. I think they do reduce eye fatigue.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I got readers/computer glasses about a year ago to help with focus issues and fatigue. They added the blue light filter and they are clear as clear can be. I LOVE them. My husband is director of IT at his firm, and he is always looking at screens. He has a pair of blue-light filter glasses JUST for this reason, and he wears them almost all the time, lol. He swears they help him with night driving, because the lights of oncoming vehicles don't glare so much into his eyes. I think they do reduce eye fatigue.
This is excellent, I need them for all the same reasons. Thank you!
Old 01-17-2020, 03:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I work with a woman that has a pair. She loves them! She bought them online. I should get me a pair for night driving!
Old 01-17-2020, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got the coating to reduce glare/blue light on my new glasses. I haven't noticed a difference and forgot I got it until you mentioned it. I'll have to pay attention. As Ally said, mine are perfectly clear, too.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post

Interesting. I have reading glasses for the computer--it's my rx, but its not as strong so my eyes aren't overly focusing on the screen. I wonder with my next glasses if I should just add the blue light film on them!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wear them all the time since i sit in front of a computer all day. I noticed a huge difference in the amount of headaches. They are pretty much non-existent now. I get my glasses with Zenni and it's only like and extra $4 or something like that lol
Old 01-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Interesting. I have reading glasses for the computer--it's my rx, but its not as strong so my eyes aren't overly focusing on the screen. I wonder with my next glasses if I should just add the blue light film on them!
This intrigues me. I can't wear my glasses while using the computer because I definitely have eye strain when I do so. I need to make an appointment soon and I am wondering if maybe I need a lesser prescription for using devices. I like the regular prescription for driving or seeing long distances but there are times that wearing my glasses overwhelms me. When I'm shopping sometimes I have to take them off or I feel like everything is in hyper focus. So odd.

Anyway, my stepdaughter uses the blue light filter glasses to avoid migraines. Hers do not have a yellow tint to them. I have not used any but I am going to mention it to the eye doctor when I go next (SOON!) because I am spending more and more time on the computer now that I am a full time student.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I used to have computer glasses; the prescription was in between my long distance vision and my reading vision (if you've heard of trifocals, it is the middle prescription). I started straining a bit, because my computer screens (work and home) are a lot closer than the doctor thought. He changed the prescription that now my computer glasses are actually my prescription readers, and no more eye strain.

I should have blue light coating added to my next pair of glasses.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I got my current pair with the blue light coating from Zenni. I was worried about it making things too orange-y, but I don't notice it all unless I am looking through the lenses off of my face at 'normal' light at the same time. My husband makes his computer screen super orange at night through some setting on it and there is no way I could stand that. I didn't have any noticable problems before I got them and I don't notice a difference now, but who knows. I figure it can't hurt since I am on the computer all of the time. I'll get it again on my next pair of glasses. Like someone else mentioned, it wasn't that much to add it.