Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Halloween costumes for adults...

What do you dress up as for Halloween? It's easy to find kid costumes, but all the grown women costumes seem to be super slutty. (like french maids or sexy cops or they have ultra low cut tops, etc.) We're going to a party and the adults are supposed to dress up too... but I'm totally lost.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I was THIS six years ago. I know it shows a kid, but I fit into a wash basin just fine. It was super cute LOL.

The year before that I just wore blue jeans and a white blouse, bought a halo headband and made wings. I hot glued white feathers to a set of child's pixie wings. It was really pretty and a big hit.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

I am no help Megan... I'm trying to think of something for me!! send out some awesome adult costumes please I need some inspiration too. I have to dress up for work and it is hard to find something that is fun and presentable!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DH and I did Fred and Wilma Flinstone one year... that was fun and not too slutty! LOL! My cousin was also a banana one year (costume from Kmart) and that was hilarious!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We've been bikers (easy...HD shirts, jeans, leather jackets, I found some awesome "sleeve" tattoos last year at CVS so it looked like I had tattoos up and down my arms}.

Paul, myself, my sister and her husband went as the farmer's wife and the 3 blind mice a few years ago...I was the farmer's wife and wore a house dress, fuzzy slippers, and hair rollers all courtesy of Walmart! I made tails and mickey ears for everyone else. It was fun.

We also went as the Scooby Doo gang another year...I was Thelma...I found an orange mock turtle neck, red skirt, and awesome knee high argyle socks.

Penny
Old 10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Springmann View Post
We've been bikers (easy...HD shirts, jeans, leather jackets, I found some awesome "sleeve" tattoos last year at CVS so it looked like I had tattoos up and down my arms}.
My hubby would love that... he's been begging me for a motorcycle since we got married. lol

If all else fails, I could be Scully from the X Files again... that was easy (but the show was still putting out new episodes last time I did it). Black slacks, white button-up, FBI badge with her pic on it, black high heels... plus I've got the bob. lol It would be easy to have hubby do Mulder because he's got a suit. I'd just need to make him an FBI badge.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've pretty much always made ours. My sorority has a party every year so I've come up with several. One year we went as Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf - I made a gingham skirt, wore it with a white top and bought a red hooded cape and dh wore a brown sweatsuit we found at Target and a wolf mask. Last year we did the 70's - dh wore a white suit I found online and I made myself a hippie dress . Another year we did the 50's - dh just did jeans and a white tee with the sleeves rolled up and my MIL made me a poodle skirt that I paired with a black tee and keds. Super easy.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

two years ago i just drew a cat nose and whiskers on my face with eyeliner :P
this year, i'm just going to do some type of zombie thing...

Old 10-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe something historical? This one is pretty and not at all slutty.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I like the selection at Kmart, whomever they get their costumes from, they have a GREAT selection of non slutty and sizes to fit REAL women, not size 2 teens. I like to shop the after-holiday sales and picked up a really nice renaissance dress last year that I plan to wear this year.
I bought from costume express last year and was pleased with the quality and service, you could shop their selection or get some good ideas too
http://www.costumeexpress.com/Catego...lts_10+63.aspx
Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My sil has been saying the same thing Megan! I am going to be back in DC with her and her kids for Halloween, and she is trying to find something for us to wear (just while we are out with the kids or at home handing out candy)...but she said everything is SO slutty!

I'm going to have to go out soon and just look for myself. I like the idea of making something, but I will have zero time to sew anything before then!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I always dress up as a Japanese rock star. They have some freaky funny costumes, and we have a family seamstress, who we also used to order school uniforms from, to create the costumes for us.

Since I moved to Singapore though, I stopped wearing costume because I don't have time to celebrate anyway since I'm always at work.

Happily scrapping for:
Tracie Stroud, Dani Mogstad, Krystal Hartley, Megan Turnidge, Kristin Cronin Barrow
Scrap Orchard, Polka Dot Plum, Elemental Scraps

Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

wew were the Wizard of Oz a couple years ago {of coarse there are 6 of us...} DH was Doroty and I was the wicked Witch! Found both our costumes at the thrift store and just whipped up a shirt for DH and spray painted and put red glitter on an old pair of tennis shoes~!

this year we are gonna be Men In Black and the kids are gonna be monsters
Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh, I like this one, but I'm still too cheap to even pay the sale price. lol

Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I wear my Ren Fair gear. I have nice garb & it wasn't cheap so I wear it every opportunity I can find. Sometimes I go as Little Red Riding Hood becuase I have a red cloak. DH goes as either a monk or the "Grim Raker" because we don't own a sythe.