Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: When do you scrap?

I'm just curious. When does everybody has time to scrapbook?

I have two girls. 1.5 and 3.5
The youngest naps after lunch for 1.5 hours usually.
My oldest is mostly skipping nap these days and is constantly interrupting me even though she's supposed to be taking a quiet time. I find it hard to get any layouts done. I'm losing my mojo when I have to stop so often.

After the kids are in bed I usually don't have the energy to scrap. I spend a bit of time with my husband and we watch a show and then we go to bed pretty early. My kids are early risers...

Anyway. I'm just curious when you all find some time for yourself.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 4 girls, all in school. I scrap mostly in the morning after they are all off on the bus. My husband started a 2nd job, so the mornings he works are easier to scrap. I scrap on and off throughout the day (depending on when he's working). Sometimes I'll jump back on before or after supper, but that depends. I'm usually off by 8pm at night (Unless there isn't anything on TV, than I may scrap after the girls are in bed for the night- around 9pm).
Old 03-27-2018, 06:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap all day, here and there. I'm very hit or miss. My oldest two go to school, leaving me home with the youngest. Once he gets up, we come downstairs (where my computer is) and we'll work on letters while I plan my day or maybe start on a layout.

He takes a nap ( or quiet time in his bed) from 12:30- 2:50 where I eat, catch up on some housework or scrap uninterrupted--or I get distracted and talk to my best friend on Yahoo! After he wakes up, it's picking kids up from school and then making dinner. While the older kids clean up the dinner dishes, that's when I get a bulk of my scrapping done--I try to finish up what I started on during the day and get it posted. After the little man goes to bed, I either get myself ready for bed and lay down or I'll come back downstairs on my computer. Lately I've been dealing with the aftermath of a concussion, so bed has been winning!

Like I said, I'm here and there and all throughout the day. Once school is out, things will change and then go back to who knows what when school starts back up in the fall because ALL kids will be in school!
Old 03-27-2018, 06:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Late at night, after the kids are in bed, has always been the only time I could scrap. Even when I was a SAHM, I was always too busy with the kids and the house to scrap during the day. I might have been able to find 15 minutes here and there, but I can't scrap like that. I need a longer block of time. (With 3 kids, 1 of whom is on the autism spectrum and has other special needs, there was never a time when everyone was napping or when 1 napped while 2 were at school. There was always at least 1 awake and needing me.)

I thought it would get easier to find time when they were older, but now they go to sleep later so I'm worn out by then. I don't go to sleep when they do, but there are a lot of days that I don't have the mental energy to scrap then. Most things are much easier now that they're bigger, it's just that as the kids started needing less from me I went back to work part time and expectations for getting stuff done around the house increased. So now it's those things rather than the kids that are getting in the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 06:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I totally feel for you, Lea. When my kids were younger, I had one scrap day a month on a Saturday. On that day, my husband would take the kids and I would invite friends over and we would scrap until late at night (that's when I was still paper scrapping).
This is one of the ways that I'm thankful that I am past the little kid phase... I don't have to worry about when I scrap because my boys are late teens and they are most likely on their computers when I want to scrap.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My kid is 11 and I work shift work, so I scrap on my days off when he's in school. The days I don't have a hundred errands to run and things to do anyway.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:05 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I scrap usually later in the evenings. Sometimes if I have the day off I'll scrap during the day. Working has put a real damper on my mojo though so I'm struggling to keep up with scrapping.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping is my release so I do it when the kids go to bed and it helps me wind down. I often do it (instead of cleaning) while the kids are at school too

Old 03-27-2018, 10:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I work full time and have a baby (in addition to my two older boys), so usually in the evening and weekends.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap mostly on Sunday when my husband takes care of the baby. Sometimes on Saturday too. During the week, I might be able to do one or two pages during baby naps but that's not always possible as I have a lot of other work to do. I can't really scrap in the evening because I go to bed half an hour after baby. I'm just exhausted
--
Mama to Albert
Old 03-28-2018, 12:10 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I scrap mostly in the evenings.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When the kids were at home, I'd usually only be able to scrap at night after they went to bed or during nap time. This year with both of them at school I've had more time to do some layouts during the day. Sometimes I'm not feeling it though (more distracted during the day of other things I need to get done). For the most part I do my best at night after the kids are in bed. But if I was able to scrap a page during the day, then in the evening I'll just go to bed (or lay in bed browsing FB, Pinterest, IG, DIS Boards).

Old 03-28-2018, 11:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Now that I'm working, I do the bulk of my scrapping on the weekends.

I do get 1 or 2 layouts done during the week that are CT reqs but those can be a struggle depending on what time commitments I have that week.

I mostly stay up later on Friday and/or Saturday night and get several layouts done that way. My kids are older (3 & 8) and I have trained them to go down in the basement when they get up Saturday and Sunday morning so I can sleep in a little. I also buy donuts or muffins so they can feed themselves breakfast without waking me up.

I might get some scrapping in over the course of the weekend or on a Monday after my daughter has gone to school & my son and I are waiting around to pick her back up but I don't count on it.

I think you'll probably find more time once your oldest is a little bit older and can entertain herself (or go to school) for short amounts of time. They're just too little and too needy for you to get anything done during the day.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:26 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Changes day to day for me. I run a home daycare so during rest time is Ideal (if everyone naps). My oldest 2 (ages 9 and 7) are in school and my youngest is almost 11 months. I usually set aside 2 nights a week where I do scrapbooking in the evening, ideally on a night where the kids are in bed and the hubby isn't home.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to only scrap when I had time during school hours when my kids were little. Now I scrap whenever. I can even start a layout or several and finish them later which I was never able to do before--if I sat down it was going to get done right then. I'm more productive now that I'm more flexible.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap usually between 3pm and 9pm, some days til the wee hours - I’m naturally more of a night owl anyway but my mum either works 11.30am til 8pm or 3/5pm til 112/1am so I do it while she’s at work.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-29-2018, 08:23 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

When my kids were little (they are almost 4 yrs apart), I would scrap when they were napping or after they went to bed. My kids always were early to bed cause they were always up early, so I'd have all evening and when they were really little my husband worked nights, so I was essentially alone after they were asleep. Once they got to be in school, I'd scrap here and there throughout the day while they were in school. Now at 14 and 10, I scrap whenever I want. LOL Quite often I'll be up long after the kids and hubby are asleep and will scrap then.