Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Christmas shopping - what are you buying?

(Can you tell I'm trying to get to 1000 posts this morning?)

So, have you guys done any Christmas shopping yet? I actually don't have very much more to go.

For my dd (age 9), she's getting a Wii (from Santa), a Nintendo DS pet doctor game (she wants to be a vet when she grows up), the browser for her DS (so she can connect to the internet), an idog, the Hairspray gift set (locker, totebag, and 2 DVD set). That's just what I've bought so far. I still need to get her some books, a new outfit, some jammies, and maybe some "girly" stuff for her stocking (bubble bath, lip gloss, etc).

For my son (age 13), I've only picked up a Cardinals jacket for him so far. I may get him a new bike, too. The rest will be cash (cause that's all he's really asking for -- he likes to shop).

For my dh, I've ordered him some Nascar stuff -- a new jacket, t-shirt, and calendar.

I still need to get a digital frame for my IL's, and I need to finish up my calendar this weekend so I can send it to be printed for them, too.

Other than that, I just have a few little gifts to buy for some friends.

What about you guys? What have you bought? What's left? What's everyone getting?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Can you tell I'm trying to up my count too?

I bought all the kids things already, even stocking stuffers. I got the last of it last night, when I got them some clothes at Gymboree.com. My Christmas cards were ordered from WHCC earlier this week, I have all my wrapping paper, etc.

DH...I need to buy him a new computer, his crashed, and I don't want to share . I also got him some stuff from The Patriots Pro Shop with his team on it.

The kids big gifts: Benjamin I got his Wii. Amelia we got her a Princess CD player and some CDs, and an Art Studio. Rae will be getting one of those big outside playhouses, the plastic ones.

I don't have anything for my mom, my dad, Tony's parents and my grandparents yet. I only have 3 little cousins to buy for, which I have partially done. I need to get things for the teachers too! I'm normally all done by now, I hate not being done!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh Libby you're almost there

I haven't done any shopping yet - I never do. I've made lots of lists though. I think DD is gonna get a nintendo ds and then no real big gifts for DS...lotsa little stuff to open will make him happy.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Omgosh Libby and Jamie!
I haven't bought one thing although I have big thoughts about what I am going to buy...
We are getting the big boys a Wii and a couple games, some new tennis shoes, and filling their stockings.
Landen is wayyy more fun and he is getting a bunch of Melissa and Doug toys to add to his already growing collection. He will also probably get some fun playdough stuff and a few Little People sets.
For my family, I have zero ideas, I'm a last minute shopper!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I've got triple gifts to buy as DD has her Birthday on the 13th and DS has his Birthday on 1st Jan. I've bought a few things, and put some more on layby, and managed to get organised enough to order some of those personalised pencils and labels etc for DD and her cousins. I have no idea what to buy DH though!!

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery My Little twitter
Avatar features Beached Kit by Paula Duncan at SSD
Old 11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My dd and I shopped for 7 1/2 hrs today starting at 4:00 a.m.! I got sooo much done. I got an electric guitar for dgs and a telescope. Got a crock pot and shoes for dd and shoes and jewelry for dgd. Got my sil a football jersey and some gift exchange items. I just need to get to bass pro shop to get ds and dh some things then I'm done!
woohoo!
Old 11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

Hey Libby, have you found a place that sells #88 stuff at a reasonable price?

Old 11-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Not really... everything I've found is ridiculous! I ended up getting Marti a Dale Sr. jacket and shirt from Nascar.com I wanted a #88 hoodie for myself, but I couldn't justify the cost. I'm looking on Raceline right now, and they seem to have more to choose from. I can't really tell how good their prices are though.

I'm sure going to miss the red merchandise. I don't look so good in green. LOL!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

I've barely done any shopping yet, but I know what all I need...
My oldest son (5.5) is getting a new Nintendo DS as his broke a few weeks ago. He's also getting a few accessories for it, a game, and stocking stuffer stuff.
My youngest son (2), I am clueless about. He just had a birthday on the 1st so he's pretty much all set. I'll have to think on him.
DH got a video game today for his xbox 360. We don't really exchange gifts to each other.
My mom is getting a framed lo (see my gallery), and a purse-size flipbook of the boys from snapfish. She got one for mothers day and requested a new one for x-mas with recent pics.
My MIL and SIL are getting gift cards cuz they are so impossible to shop for.
Both my family and Jeff's family do a name swap for the adults for x-mas so we only have two people from each family to buy for.
Jeff's neices are getting a bunch of Hannah Montana stuff from us (they're obsessed).
My nephews are getting gift cards cuz thats what they asked for.
Any thoughts on non-toy items for my two year old boy?
________
Live sex

Last edited by iJenny; 09-08-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:31 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I'm sooo sucking. I have no idea what to get. Connor's bday is on the 19th too, so it's double ergh. lol

I emailed Jaime (Jooms) about a bracelet for my mum.. she made one for me a few months ago that I looved, I know my mom would like that.

and I bought connor 2 dino books and a pack of blocks I'm doing EXCELLENT I'm just clueless.. He's turning 4.. someone tell me what to buy
Old 11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a ton of shopping to do still. I need to get my calendars done and printed SOON! I give those out as gifts to our immediate family.

I've only bought a few things for my daughter (3) so far. Set of play baking dishes, Chutes and Ladders and Candyland games. I have no clue what to get her this year. Her birthday was this month and I've just run out of ideas. She'll probably get a doll diaper bag and changing table for her baby dolls. Not sure what else.

DH will probably get some gift cards to Home Depot, Sears, etc.

I asked for Apple Store gift cards so I can buy an iPhone in a few months.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
I'm sooo sucking. I have no idea what to get. Connor's bday is on the 19th too, so it's double ergh. lol

I emailed Jaime (Jooms) about a bracelet for my mum.. she made one for me a few months ago that I looved, I know my mom would like that.

and I bought connor 2 dino books and a pack of blocks I'm doing EXCELLENT I'm just clueless.. He's turning 4.. someone tell me what to buy
Lauren, one my my son's favorite toys EVER was Magnetix. He still plays with them to this day and they are, hands down, the most popular toy we've ever gotten him. Just be warned that there have been some recalls on them in the past, but they've been fixed and are being sold pretty much everywhere. Good luck!!
________
Web shows

Last edited by iJenny; 09-08-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

http://www.amazon.com/Magnetix-Build...5882510&sr=8-2 these things? That so looks like something he'd love.. He's always stealing my magnets
Old 11-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I am in the same boat as a few others where my husband's birthday is on the 3rd, my daughter's is on the 8th and my other daughter's birthday is on Jan. 9th. So I feel like I need to take care of birthdays first. But I have made some good progress with the Christmas shopping for my kids. At the beginning of the month, I found a used Power Wheels Barbie jeep on Craigslist for a good price, so my girls are getting that. My son wants a Webkinz, some Nintendo DS games, and we are going to surprise him with a Lazer tag game and he will inherit my old laptop (so he can play on the Webkinz site). Yes, he did ask for a Wii, but my husband and I decided we didn't want to deal with tracking one down and we would just wait for his birthday in March. He handled the "Santa doesn't have enough to go around" explanation quite well. Not quite sure what to do for hubby since he insists on buying everything for himself. I have already decided to do a lot of gift cards and I am NOT doing anything crafty this year (well, maybe a few CD calendars).

My parents and the in-laws are always a huge struggle for me - any ideas?

Last edited by jorgies5; 11-24-2007 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Magnetix-Build...5882510&sr=8-2 these things? That so looks like something he'd love.. He's always stealing my magnets
Yup, those are it! Cameron has loved them since he was about three years old and he's 5 1/2 now. I swear to God in heaven, Lauren, that he played with them for three hours every single day for probably the first month he had them. And he still plays with them at least once a week. And they're so fun! Even DH and I like sitting down and messing around with them. Its a bit addicting, actually. In fact, I have a few at my computer that I fiddle with while scrapping or surfing or whatever.
________
Vapir air one review

Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

hehe ok.. . I'm an easy sell lol I ordered them, who can pass up amazon free shipping eh? lol I hope he loves them as much as Cameron lol
Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I started today. For DS (5) I got this jacket at Old navy, these jammies (except the are fire trucks) at Target and 3 used XBox games. I still am going to get him the Bumblebee Transformer and a couple sets of Legos. He'll get books, crayons, gloves and a little candy in his stocking.

I got my niece some of The Littlest Pet Shop toys.

DH is getting clothes from Cabela's & a new pair of sunglasses.

I have a long way to go....

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 11-24-2007, 02:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

I'm getting my husband a new phone and that's what I'm getting as well. My sister will probably get some gift cards to she can do her own shopping which I'm sure she'll love. I am however at lost for gift ideas for my DD. She's one year old and she's my first so I kinda want to buy everything for her...lol. So far I got her a Disney My 1st Princess Belle Baby Doll(the one suitable for her age) and the Brilliant Basics Musical Magnetic Easel from Fisher Price.

Anymore ideas on what to give a one year baby girl? I would love some input on this...

Old 11-24-2007, 02:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_colourz View Post
I'm getting my husband a new phone and that's what I'm getting as well. My sister will probably get some gift cards to she can do her own shopping which I'm sure she'll love. I am however at lost for gift ideas for my DD. She's one year old and she's my first so I kinda want to buy everything for her...lol. So far I got her a Disney My 1st Princess Belle Baby Doll(the one suitable for her age) and the Brilliant Basics Musical Magnetic Easel from Fisher Price.

Anymore ideas on what to give a one year baby girl? I would love some input on this...
Ok, I know I have two boys but I swear this is something all kids love... a rocking-something. Last year for x-mas my then-one-year-old son got a blue plastic rocking puppy and its the best thing we've gotten him. He rides it every day, watches cartoons on it, even eats snack on it. And he's two now! Rocking toys are so fun and low-maintenance. Always a safe bet...
________
Volcano vaporizer

Old 11-24-2007, 02:44 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

my girls love anything that rocks too!! (3 and 1..)
My 3yr old got this 2 years ago and my now 1yr old LOVES it HERE

They also make a little touch leap pad for kids up to 3yrs old. It's cute and pretty educational. That's what my little one is getting this year I believe

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

HERE is the link for the little touch leap pad

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tracey

Leapfrog.com is having a 25% off sale right now til the 27th i believe. Plus buying any leappad or book gets you a free gift. The free gift is valid until tomorrow, It is the "Easy Reader Phonics Kit 2". It is for the age 4 and up leappad. My DD uses "my first Leappad right now, but i snagged up Easy reader phonics kits 1 & 3 now so she will have the whole set next xmas, when shes ready for the next level leappad. The details about the free gift is in a link on their main page.

Also... Here is a code I found online for $5.00 off a $20.00 order: HL7LM.
It worked for me just last night/early this morning.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Tracey!
Im buying LeapFrog for my DD, Im getting the fridge magnet alphabets and some more books for her leapfrog little leap touch pad!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love the fridge magnets!! My DD learned her ABC's and the sounds they make with that so easily!! They also have some DVD's that I love!! I dont remember seeing them at their site, but the first one we got DD was "the Letter Factory" It goes perfectly with the fridge phonics. She loved it! Warning.....that DVD will get stuck in your head after watching it! hahaha!! If they don't have em on their site, I saw them at our Walmart, and lots of other online places too.

Also...that code came from the parents section of their website, just from voting on your fav video of kids usin leap stuff in case anyone wants to check that out. It says it was good for 5 off one $20 item, but I didnt have any item that was $ 20 by itself , just an order total over 20 and it worked.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks thanks Tracey!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You are very welcome Aggie!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, my son has the LeapFrog Farm Magnet thing where you match the animals. Its obnoxious to listen to, but he totally LOVES it still after having it for a year!
________
Web shows

Old 11-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

we have a lot done but still have a lot to good esp for maddie.

my ssd gallery ~ My Blog
Old 11-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Weifenbach View Post
Not really... everything I've found is ridiculous! I ended up getting Marti a Dale Sr. jacket and shirt from Nascar.com I wanted a #88 hoodie for myself, but I couldn't justify the cost. I'm looking on Raceline right now, and they seem to have more to choose from. I can't really tell how good their prices are though.

I'm sure going to miss the red merchandise. I don't look so good in green. LOL!
UGH, I know what you mean. I hate green. At the Dale Jr site there is a beautiful Mtn Dew hat that I want to get him but I can't tell if its backordered or not. I don't want to spend the $25 on the hat and then pay for it and get an email that it won't be available til January. UGH! Stupid merchandise! They should know by now that the crap is going to be hot for Christmas and that they need to have it out by then.
I hate shopping for DH. He's so hard to get stuff for!

Old 11-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I wanted to get the fridge magnets for Rae, but they won't stick on my fridge, it's stainless steel. They ALL love the Leap Pad though!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
I wanted to get the fridge magnets for Rae, but they won't stick on my fridge, it's stainless steel. They ALL love the Leap Pad though!

mine either I love them

we have a freezer in a storage room they work on lol but it's cold in that room! hehe

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This is lily's last christmas as an only child so she is getting spoiled a bit. She is getting a kidkraft dollhouse with a new barbie and that fisher price digital art studio (I hope its good - read mixed reviews) and a board game and some books, and some little stuff for her stocking

Last edited by KristinCB; 11-24-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
fisher price digital art studio (I hope its good - read mixed reviews)
I am on the fence about that one, I am thinking of getting that for DD too, but also saw mixed reviews. I wish they had a display set up in one of our local stores so we could check it out for ourselves.