Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How Would You Scrap....?? Guidance Needed :)

Hi all, I am having an issue coming up with a creative way to scrap certain pictures and I'm hoping you all might have some suggestions for me.

Every Summer, all the towns in my area have their own Festival, complete with parades, activities, events, and themes. I take a TON of photos at these events, the photos are typically generalized to what is going on around us, not just photos of us participating if that makes sense. ANYWAY, I always end up with a ton of photos to scrap but never know how to put them together in layouts, so sadly, I have YEARS worth of these events to scrap.

Saturday is our town's celebration.... we have Cherry Carnival.... its been going on for 126 years so it's quite a tradition, and one that I have grown up with my whole life. It's actually the main fundraiser for our Volunteer Fire Dept (which my Husband is a firefighter for), so it's so much more to us than "just a festival". Oh, and I always make a TON of themed treats, and BBQ up a storm.... so there's that too.

SO here's my question (or questions)... How do you scrap a pile of general photos from an event? and also, does anyone have any ideas of what I should focus on when taking my photos this year? I always have photos during the parade, some of the crowd, and a few from each of the events we stick around to watch. I'd like to have some more up close and fun shots, but when it comes to crowds, I tend to just point and click and move on, without taking the time to zero in on special moments.

Any ideas would be VERY appreciated! I really want to have some photos to work with that inspire me to actually SCRAP them. lol