Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2015, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a 23 year old step-son and we have together we have had 3 kiddos. Our first would be turning 14 this summer. He was stillborn, prematurely. Our daughter will be 13 this summer and our youngest son is 9 1/2.

We wanted a large family. I had issues that made staying pregnant complicated. Then, after my youngest, I suffered from secondary infertility. Last October I had a hysterectomy, dashing my dreams of having another baby biologically. We are still very much considering fostering or adoption (or both!) but we are waiting a bit, praying about it, and making sure we are ready.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Wow, I love hearing about all of your sweet kiddos!

I at 27 have no children but would like to have at least 3 but have always wanted 5 from the time I can remember even thinking about children! That maybe an only child thing wanting lots of babies, but I would love at least 3 but I guess I will see what the future holds and what God has planned for me and any potential future husband. I know one thing, I will try my best to have 2 because even though being an only child can be great, it's depressing and I wouldn't want any child of mine to be the only one. It's hard being an only child but rewarding at the same time. I have always wished I had at least one sibling.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:10 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Hubby and I have 3 kiddos. Tyler who is 21, Nicole who is 12 and Skyler who is 12. The youngest 2 are not twins, we did foster/adopt and they are just shy of 3 months apart. My oldest is also adopted so we never had biological babies and for years that was really hard for me. We are done for adding to our family, however I am getting very antsy about becoming a grandma now. Can't wait for that, but my oldest doesn't want any kids right now.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:54 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We have 2 kids, Austin is 8 and Ashleia is 6 (they will be in 3rd and 1st grade when school opens next month). 2-3 years ago, I would have wanted another one. But now we're done. I'm pushing 40 and don't want to start all over again. I like being pregnant (no morning sickness) although I had to take heparin shots 3x a day during my entire pregnancies.

We live with my mother-in-law, hubby's eldest brother and elder sister. My sister-in-law is kinda off, and always giving us problems.

I love learning about all your beautiful families!

Old 05-16-2015, 10:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm an only child and still live at home with my mum - I'll be 28 in July! Apart from that my immediate family only has 5 people in it so we are very small

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 kids - 10 yr old boy and 5 yr old girl. We are done. My DH was raised as an only child (although he has siblings who did not live with him). He wanted 2 kids from the start. He did agree to a 3rd if we had two girls or two boys. But we were blessed with one of each It turned out that being pregnant and having babies is hard on me so I don't want to have any more. I'm happy with my two

Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have one 8 year old boy. I am done. I like having an only child. My boyfriend and I have talked about having foster kids someday, but it would be way down the line, if at all.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

We have two girls (11 and 13) and two boys (8 and 6). I always liked the thought of adding one more, but to be honest, it would be insane. It's hardly possible to find enough space for us to rent now since we've always been on a tight budget, with five kids? Forget it. So in fact, I'm happy with how things are now.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We have three children: 13 yr old daughter, 11 year old daughter and a 2 year old son who is our 9-year miracle child. We would like one more child, but that is in God's hands if it happens or not.