Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone with Fibromyalgia?

I'm thinking of getting to my doctor real quick because of what has been happening to me for the last two years on and off. I suspect I've got Fibro...

I've had pain in my joints on both sides for days now, and just don't feel rested in the morning at all...even though I've gotten ten to twelve hours sleep. I'm tired, achy, can't seem to concentrate on anything for too long, have numbness in my fingers and lower arms, my fingers look like prunes for some reason and this is really starting to bother me. I'm not in so much pain that I can't work or heaven forbid, can't scrap, but it's really bothering me.

Recently had bloodwork done and my thyroid numbers are fine, but it came back with high uric acid, so I'm taking natural remedies to reduce that and avoid gout.

Anyone had similar symptoms with fibromyalgia? How long did it take for you to get diagnosed? Does it come and go?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My mother has been diagnosed and I'm showing symptoms. Mine is more muscular, I don't like weight, like my kids sitting in my lap :-( and if they try to climb on me and put pressure with an elbow or knee it will bring me to tears. I certainly have the sleep issues, the doctor has me on Ambien to try and help with that.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Unfortunately, I have fibromyalgia. I was first diagnosed by a rheumatoligist about 20 years ago. The doctor ran a large number of tests to rule out any other illnesses. With my list of strange symptoms and her examination of pressure points on my body she diagnosed me with fibro. (By the time I went to Dr. after years of exhaustion and pain I figured that was what I had). If you do have it I encourage you to find out what will best help you. An excellent resource that I have found is found here:
http://fibromyalgiatreatment.com/ There is a ton of good info and help. Fibro is terrible-it really affects one's life-but you can learn to live a good life with it. All the best!