Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Laser Printers...

Does anyone have a color laser printer? if so, which one.

Between PL and my kids having things they need printed for school, we need a printer and want to go to laser route.

If I get a color laser, can I print on card stock?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Dell color laser printer. It is a 3110cn. We have had it 5 or 6 years so I don't know that the exact model is still for sale either. However, I am sure there are comparable ones.

I CAN print on cardstock and do quite often. I made calendars this year using Cindy's templates and printed them at home on cardstock, then took them to work to bind them on the comb binding machine. They turned out awesome!

I love having the laser printer. I threw a fit when my DH bought it. He paid over $400 for it several years ago and I thought that was just way too much. However, it has been a real blessing. We have, in all that time, replaced the toner cartridges once, except for yellow which I believe we replaced twice. The toner is on the pricey side but considering we've only had to buy one refill in 5-6 years I am not complaining in the least. It works out to be a lot less expensive than buying ink cartridges for an ink jet printer and dealing with refills was so annoying. I never get streaks, never have to worry about the print heads needing cleaning, etc. It is fast and every print is perfect. The only thing I don't like is the size of the printer. It is kind of big and bulky but we put it in a closet and connect it to our network so it doesn't have to be out on a desk. The toner cartridges are super easy to change and we've never had any issues with it.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have an HP color laser in the basement... I don't know what number it is - it looks like this one - http://www.staples.com/HP-Color-Lase...82&KPID=421682 But we have had it for 3 years or so...

I haven't done cardstock... just presentation paper in it. I don't see why you can't, it might be a little "duller" in color compared to presentation paper. I only use it for heavy jobs like making things for kiddo's birthday party and now with printing out a lot of homeschooling stuff - it's the only printer in the house that duplexes... oh, how I wish the black and white laser printer in the school room would do that! haha
Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one, all my journaling cards for my PL this year were printed on it. I love it. The only thing I wish I could do is borderless printing. I have the HP CP1525NW and it's wonderufl. very easy to use and prints beautifully.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine doesn't do full bleed printing either. I'd love one that does... or a wide format printer so I could print 12x12 pages (not sure why as I always make my books 8x8 but it would be nice to have the capability)
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do you mean by border less printing?

Jenn how is the color on yours?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaandjudah View Post
What do you mean by border less printing?

Jenn how is the color on yours?
Borderless printing i.e. print edge to edge of an 8.5x11 sheet. I have to leave about .25 inch on each side for bleed. I just print at a max size of 8x10 usually.

The color is almost spot on. it prints a little dark, but I only really see that on photos. Papers and everything it matches almost spot on to my calibrated monitor. I've been using the base toner cartridges that it comes with for over a year and printed 2 december daily albums through it, plus several other albums and have just started replacing them in the last month. If I had to buy a new printer, I'd still buy the exact model I did.