Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-31-2020, 05:19 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default Party Game A Day - February 1st

Happy Birthday Sweet Shoppers! Can you believe it's been 14 years? I am so so soooo thrilled to be celebrating with our amazing community, and thought it would be fun to kick things off with a little getting to know you 14 questions for our big One 4!

The rules are simple, just c&p the list below, fill in your answers (feel free to use photos), and you'll pick up the first piece of our 2020 mega-collection One 4 The Books...

1) Who are you?
2) What do you look like?
3) Where are you from?
4) Who are your favorite people?
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do.
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD?
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday?
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you?
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite?
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen.
11) What is your favorite sweet?
12) What is the last great book you read?
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list...
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not?

Everyone who replies to this thread by 11:59pm Eastern on February 2nd will get a PM with a download link to my piece of One 4 the Books!

This little mini is just the beginning of all of the amazing goodies are designers have created for this special event, so set your alarms and check in each day to collect them all...

If you plan on playing along with all 29 of our challenges, don't forget to claim your spot in our master tracker thread for your chance to win $100 gift certificate to the shoppe too! Grabbing sweet stuff on us is always a blast, so don't miss your chance for the grand prize!

Thanks so much for celebrating with us! We couldn't do what we do without all of you, so we hope you have a blast shopping, scrapping and sharing with us this month!

Love you girls!

Robin
Old 01-31-2020, 06:33 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1)Who are you?
Mary
short, blond
3) Where are you from?
NJ
My grandchildren
Read, scrapbook, listen to music
Happiness is a direction
family over for cake
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you?
So of my co-workers. They are managers who really know how to take care of their teams
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite?
- Favorite, using a template - least favorite selfies
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs?
Hello It's me. Give us a link so we can listen. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+todd+rundgren
dark chocolate
The Butterfly Grden
Italy, France, Ireland
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not
No, I missed is because I don't do many challenges

Last edited by lm44west; 01-31-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Amanda, or Manda for short.

Short and fluffy. Fake Brunette (other wise its gray as a granny). Blue eyes. A regular bucket o' fun!

3) Where are you from?
For the past 3 years, a tiny town in Southwestern Oregon; before that an even tinier town in very far Northern California.

My "pretend" hubby, our kids and a select few

Outdoors!! Lets go out and adventure. Shooting, camping, photographing, crafting, cooking, shopping, hiking, hunting, road tripping.

A couple of templates and Burgers and Beer Bundle from the Oldies but Goodies Sale.

Went to the Eye Dr and got glasses on Friday. Took the kids on an adventure up into the mountains to a lake that has absolutely no cell service and no people about an hour and half from our house. We went fishing, hiking and got sunburned.

I'm just coming back to the community after a 5 year hiatus, and there are so many amazing scrappers and storytellers. Some I've followed for 10 years when I first came here. Traci has an amazing story of body and health transformation over the past couple of years, which I absolutely love. It inspired me to take action and find the girl that's living in my body.

Favorites - scraplifts, scrap-a-long (use this template or kit)
Least Favorites - anything that moves super quick!

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen.
I'm a country girl, and love music, so it's hard to narrow that down, but this was for sure a fave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZREybylPsE

It really just depends on the day.
*gummy bears
*brownies
*homemade snickerdoodles

It's been forever since I read a great book, we aren't big leisure readers at our house. But at work, for personal development I read, "Who Moved MyCheese?"

Alaska
Yellowstone / Grand Tetons
Ireland

Yes! It's my first year back and I love the variety and how it just sparks creativity!
Old 01-31-2020, 07:27 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Jessica

2) What do you look like? Short, brown hair, blue eyes

3) Where are you from? Moved all over with my dad being in the Army, but I've lived in Sanford, FL for about 24 years and I love it here!

4) Who are your favorite people? My husband, Mike, and my two boys, Aiden (10) and Rhys (9). We are also super close to both our families. They are our tribe and I would be lost without them.

5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Besides scrapping, I love reading, coffee, and Disney.

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Adventure: In The Woods and Moving On, both by Ponytails Designs. I just got back from our scout camping trip and can't wait to use that one, and we recently bought our first home.

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? We had just gotten done moving and celebrating my son's big 10th bday, and we had a hurricane that week so... we didn't do anything.

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? So many people! I love Jacinda's storytelling, how Krista is always so creative filling her pocket pages, and so many of the designers. All of the unique themes remind me to scrap more than just the big holidays.

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I really love the scavenger hunts. My least favorite are when I have to share pages. Even though I love to scrap, I rarely have time to make other pages, and I always have such difficulty uploading.

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. At 14 I was probably listening to Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby."

11) What is your favorite sweet? I have a big sweet tooth, so I will rarely turn down a treat. But probably my favorite is Lindt truffles.

12) What is the last great book you read? Some from recent years are Dark Matter by Blake Crouch and Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.

13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Europe (all over, Germany, France, Italy, all the way down to Greece), Washington DC with my kids, and California.

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Unfortunately no. I scrap chronologically, somewhat similar to project life, and I just don't have the time to make other pages. I do love reading the prompts though, and sometimes I incorporate them into my own pages.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Dawn
2) What do you look like? brown hair, blue eyes, glasses
3) Where are you from? Michigan
4) Who are your favorite people? My family- husband and 4 daughters
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Travel, plan trips, read
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? I'm not quite sure, but i'm sure it was really great!
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Not sure, we pretty much only celebrate our girls birthdays.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? I have a few scrappers whom I love to see their pages. And a few who I enjoy chatting with. I would say Cassie (her pages are amazing). Saar (she is so kind and she leaves wonderful comments on layouts in the gallery). Amie and Kiana (my PM friends). Lea makes me smile!
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I love ones that can be done very quickly, since my time is limited. My least favorites are ones that require a lot of time and energy. Sometimes i need to pick- scrap or play a game. It's hard to do both at one time.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. No idea- something from DCTalk probably
11) What is your favorite sweet? Chocolate- any kind! But Kit-Kats are my favorite
12) What is the last great book you read? I am currently reading Point of View by Elizabeth Hasselbeck
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Oregon, Disneyland/CA, Washington
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Yes, most months. Some months are just too busy.

Last edited by aussiegirl; 01-31-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Léa (pronounce Lay-ah)
brunette, brown eyes, 5"6 (check my avatar for my face lol)
3) Where are you from?
small village in France
My parents, husband and 3 daughters
scrapbooking, take photos of my kids, movies and tv shows,
Blue Skies Ahead by Kristin Cronin-Barrow
I can't even remember... I'm 9 months post partum... I don't even remember what we had for dinner last night.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you?
Who is it and how do they inspire you?
Wendy aka Neverland Scraps. I love her unique layouts and her beautiful shadowing!
Favorite: scavenger hunts even though time consuming and time isn't always free for me with my 3 young girls
Least favorite: Sketch challenges and having to complete a bingo because I always feel like such a failure if I can't do a blackout
I was already a huge Hanson fan and their latest album was a Christmas album at the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT3h10KFxOY
wow! That's hard! I love all the desserts and pastries. Let's go with Twice Baked Chocolate croissant from Bakery Nouveau in Seattle
a book series about a midwife in the French countryside in the Middle Age. I forget the name.
Bali, Dominican Republic and Italy again
of course! Always aim for the blackout! Pushes me to scrap!
Old 01-31-2020, 08:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Gorgeous Robin!!!

1) Who are you?
Wendy

Short, brown hair and brown eyes

3) Where are you from?
Near the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area

My family and my pets

Digiscrapping

A bunch of new releases and some things from my wishlist--I had two GC's I got for Christmas to spend!

I didn't

Lea - She moved to another country to be with her husband. From there she's moved cross country, with small children and rocked it! She's an amazing mother, person and scrapper! I always enjoy talking to her and getting to know her more and more. I hope to one day meet her!

Love Template Sketches and not really a fan of guess this adult scrapper as a baby because I stink at that!

I'm not really sure. Outside of Church, we never really listened to music.

Lately it's been a double-dipped caramel magnum bar because I discovered it's one of the few chocolate ice creams that don't have coconut in them (allergy)

I have no idea. It's been a LONG time since I had the time to indulge and block out the world completely.

England, Australia and Bitburg, Germany

Of course!! It's how I get inspiration to scrap my layouts, be challenged and push myself to learn new things!
Old 01-31-2020, 08:41 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Lisa

3) Where are you from?
I am originally from Michigan but now I live in Canada.
My husband.
Drawing, cross stitch, knitting, hiking, playing games (board and video), cooking
I just bought Brave Wings, Wet Nose Warm Hearts, and As Cold as Ice
I didn't.
Anyone who has the patience to make their pages so intricate. I wish I had the patience for it.
Games that are short and don't take up a lot of time. I didn't like games where I have to use another social media site (I don't do social media)
Buddy Holly by Weezer
https://youtu.be/kemivUKb4f4
Reese Peanut Butter Cups
Honestly I don't remember...I haven't finished a book in awhile.
Scotland, Italy, Japan
No because I forget and I am lazy by nature...lol.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Kellie
2) What do you look like? A 42 year old woman who should have taken better care of her skin sooner, with curly-ish hair
3) Where are you from? Arkansas
4) Who are your favorite people?Joel, My Kids, My Parents, Julie & Amy
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. scrapbook. read. play Candy Crush Soda Saga. teach. hike.

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? With all our Filipino friends who worked with us in Malaysia & a unicorn cake
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Wendy (Neverland Scraps) Her layouts are so creative; she doesn't have just one style, but she can rock any style.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Favorite: Show me your favorite kit/layout Least Favorite: Scavenger Hunts that take more time than it would take to make a layout.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Everything I Do by Bryan Adams
11) What is your favorite sweet? Chocolate Chip Cookies
12) What is the last great book you read? Atomic Habits by James Clear
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... New Zealand. Greece. Russia.
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Not very often. It stressed me out to have to fit the layouts I want to make with the challenges.

Last edited by joelsgirl; 01-31-2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:10 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Patricia

2) What do you look like? Tall, brown hair, brown eyes, glasses

3) Where are you from? I am from Mexico but live in California

4) Who are your favorite people? My Family

5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. I love scrapbook, read, walk at the beach, see movies

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? A taste of Summer, Kristin Cronin Barrow

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? I wen to Mexico and ate in my favorite restaurant

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Megan, Studio Flergs, I love her designs and the colors in her kits.

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I love every single one, but one of my favorites is the Scavenger Hunts, my least use different thing to create a page.

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. It was a Mexican song, with my favorite artist Luis MIguel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRNWbmCYVUc

11) What is your favorite sweet? Ice cream

12) What is the last great book you read? Harry Potter, all of them.

13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Paris, Italy and Germany

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? No, but will try. It is so hard sometimes to finish the pages.

Last edited by patricia01; 01-31-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:19 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Stephanie

2) What do you look like? Brown hair, blue eyes, nothing special

3) Where are you from? Originally I'm from Ann Arbor, Michigan but now we live in Pittsburgh

4) Who are your favorite people? My husband and my kids

5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. I love the scrapbook, read, crochet, and travel

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Ice Skating by WendyP Designs

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Just had dinner with my husband and kids

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? My kids teachers inspire me, they are so kind and understanding. We truly are lucky to be in our school district.

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I've liked all of the challenges so far, I'm bummed when there are short times to get things done as I'm not a fast scrapper so I love having at least 48 hours to do a challenge

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams

11) What is your favorite sweet? Chocolate!

12) What is the last great book you read? The Rival Queens: Catherine de' Medici, Her Daughter Marguerite de Valois, and the Betrayal that Ignited a Kingdom by Nancy Goldstone

13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Australia, Egypt, and Iceland

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I try to do a few a month, my goal for 2020 is to try to do at least 4 or more per month
Old 01-31-2020, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? - Kiana. (hehe easy one) All around animal lover, poet, memory keeper, lover.
2) What do you look like? - Most people tell me I look mean until they get to know me.
3) Where are you from? - Originally Kalamazoo, MI currently Byron Center, MI
4) Who are your favorite people? -kids and hubby
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. - digiscrap, fishing, write poetry, binge watch TV
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? -Half Life Set 7 templates by Brook Magee (until I hit the shop tonight)
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? - with hubby and kids eating lobster
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? - Sheri, her pages are gorgeous, creative and inspirational and Neverland Scrap because WOW she can rock any style of scrapping
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Spin-a-Lifts are my fave! Least fave are the scavenger hunts. lol
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. - Jodeci - https://youtu.be/2ZxGPmCSxNg
11) What is your favorite sweet? - Ice Cream
12) What is the last great book you read? - it's been so long, I can't remember, unless you count my own books.
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... - Hawaii, Hawaii, and Hawaii
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? - Yes ... they keep me motivated to scrap my ever growing photo pile and for the chance to win goodies!

Current Creative Teams:
Southern Serenity & Studio Flergs
WendyP CT Guest Oct/Nov 2019 ~ KCB CT Guest May/June 2020
DSI CT Guest Jul/Aug/Sept 2020 ~ LJS CT Guest Nov/Dec 2020 Jan 2021
Old 01-31-2020, 09:31 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Lisa
2) What do you look like?Gettin older with every passing day - starting to look wrinkled and gray
3) Where are you from? Originally, Washington, now Michigan
4) Who are your favorite people? My family
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Scrapbooking, reading, camping and sleeping
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? I bought two last week: Awesomesauce Bundle by Kelly Bangs Creative and Studio Basic & Looking For Answers by Erica Zane
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Dinner with my hubby
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? I don't know anyone well enough
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I love template challenges and I hate scavenger hunts because they are so time consuming
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Hmm... I'll go with Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
11) What is your favorite sweet? New York Cheesecake
12) What is the last great book you read? I read all the time so I can't choose just one
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Austria, Denmark and Maine
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Nope - I just don't have lots of time to commit and I'd like better incentives.

Last edited by slfam; 02-01-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
I'm Amie- a craft-loving dental hygienist who lives in Washington state. She loves her husband, her two crazy kids, and her English Bulldog… as well as coffee, baking cupcakes, daffodils, glitter & sprinkles, reading a good book, and lip gloss — not necessarily in that order
See avatar!
3) Where are you from?
Grew up in southwest WA- live now in Spokane WA
My hubby, kids & family- and my dog- she counts right!?
Drink coffee & read! Lol and make cupcakes!
I think some of traci's cards
At a hockey tournament- where I'm sitting right now in the cold bleachers...
Mary's layouts are totally my style & always beautiful-plus she has the nicest comments all the time!
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Scavenger hunts & anything in the store... although maybe they are my least favorite for my bank account!
Yikes... 1994- probably some salt & papa! Lol
Anything chocolate- the darker the better!
Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
Europe, Tahiti & Australia
Yes! I like the challenges to get the mojo flowing & for completing CT duties!
Old 01-31-2020, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Rae aka bcgal00 around digi-land.
2) What do you look like? short (5'4"), slim and short white hair. I look a lot like my mom.

3) Where are you from? I'm in Canada, born and raised in Ontario but have lived on the west coast (Vancouver) for most of my adult life. In in a suburb of Vancouver called Port Coquitlam.

4) Who are your favorite people? I'm awfully proud of my family, they are all strong, independent and caring people. My mom has been gone many years now but we were very close and I looked up to her immensely. Friend-wise, I don't see her often enough but a neighbor who became a close friend, (Debbie) is one of my fave people, she is so selfless and giving. She was a foster mom for many years and I admire her tireless energy, compassion and patience.

Other than scrapping, I retired from the wedding/portrait photog biz and focus now on taking my own photos and have developed a passion for wildlife photography. Honestly though, I just love photographing pretty much everything, family, pets, food, landscape, botany, architecture. You name it, I'll photograph it. I was published in our local municipality's calendar this year and it was such a thrill that I'm going to start submitting to other magazines.

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? In the last week I just bought RRD Hello My Love and Will You Be My Gnome by WendyP, Empty Nest by Ponytails and Art Deco by Jennifer Fehr.

We always have a small family get-together with dinner and a cake. Simple but fun.

As I mentioned above, my friend Debbie is my idol. She has the wisdom, patience and kindness of a saint. She has fostered many children over the years and one of them she adopted. I love to chat and get her advice about life b/c she always has such a common-sense way of approaching situations.

I don't have the patience for the game where you have to search the store previews. I would rather be chatting and scrapping.

I'm an oldie, so back in 1961 I was listening to Roy Orbison's Crying. To this day I still love that song.
https://youtu.be/tNdBLBleO90

Anything chocolate. I love Turtles.

The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell was really good.

Panana Canal, African Safari and Australia

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I used to and really appreciated that completion coupon so I could build up my stash but lately I haven't needed the coupon so have focused on just CT work and kind of doing my own thing. But, I love the inspiration and ideas so will continue to play along for "fun", not worrying about completing all of them.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Cindi

See avatar above! Darker blondish, shoulder length hair, glasses

3) Where are you from?
Originally, Eastern Pennsylvania

My husband, kids, and a few girlfriends

Read, scrap, nap, sun!

On The Water Bundle by LJS Designs

I have no idea. How sad considering it was my 50th!

SugarBabe Mary (Mrs Ashbaugh), Bianca and Wendy (Neverland Scraps) I just love their layouts. Mary's are always beautiful, Bianca always stands out in the gallery to me and Wendy always hits home runs with her layouts!

I love scavenger hunts. I hate the sketches - My creativity goes out the window when I'm given a plan it seems!

Total Eclipse of the Heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Toll House Pie

Keep Quiet by Lisa Scottoline

Fiji, Hawaii, Australia

Yes, usually, unless it's a really rough month! I love being challenged to think outside the box and scrap things I wouldn't normally.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:56 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Kathy
2) What do you look like? tall, brown curly hair
3) Where are you from? originally Chicago, IL but now live in FL
4) Who are your favorite people? my family, of course!
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Scrapping, fishing, quilting, reading
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Remember the Magic Toyland by Studio Flergs
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? I visited Prague, Auschwitz, Berlin and Paris
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Our public servants - Police and Fire/Rescue, I can't imagine how they do their jobs every day
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Fav - template challenges; Least - scavenger hunts
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Partridge Family...LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfzssAiTVbs
11) What is your favorite sweet? anything caramel
12) What is the last great book you read? I read a new book every 2-3 days...but anything Lisa Jackson or Iris Johansen
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Scotland, Ireland, Alaska
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? No, I rather spend my time scrapping my own family to get caught up.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Britanee

5'6", longish brown hair, fluffier than I'd like, blue/green eyes

3) Where are you from?
Utah

My family!

Photography, napping, reading, doing fun things with my family, scrapping when I can find the time.

If I don't count right now, then a kit from EZ

I can't remember haha! I know I was with my family.

Everyone. I love seeing everyone's creativity.

I love template challenges. My fave by far.

BSB or 'NSYNC for sure! Any of their songs haha

A Diet Coke with cranberry and lime, oatmeal choc/chip cookie, anything from Crumbl

Boss Up!

Paris, Caribbean, Norway

I never have enough time to scrap though I keep buying and starting pages...I never quite finish them!
Old 01-31-2020, 10:05 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Alycia
2) What do you look like? Short, gray-haired grandma
3) Where are you from? Grew up in Illinois, now in Indiana
4) Who are your favorite people? Family: DH, kids, grandkids, our dog
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Scrap obviously, read, write, drink hot tea
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Sweet Christmas by Melissa Bennett
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Dinner with DH
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Studio Flergs, I love her kits, They have wonderful colors & great themes
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Favorite: Scraplifting, Least Favorite: Template challenges
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbnXASVV--M
11) What is your favorite sweet? Ice cream, caramel
12) What is the last great book you read? Becoming by Michelle Obama
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Philadelphia, New York, Atlanta
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Sometimes, but I don't usually have time
Old 01-31-2020, 10:16 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Cindy
2) What do you look like? a peaceful 61 yr old
3) Where are you from? Michigan
4) Who are your favorite people? My hubby and kids
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Scrap, read, and travel
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Templates
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Dinner out
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? My husband inspires me. He's so very giving.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Love a scavenger hunt. Journaling I find hard.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Eh44QPT1mPE
11) What is your favorite sweet? I don't eat them
12) What is the last great book you read? Beneath the Mulberry Tree
Jennifer B Duffey, Steve White
Australia
Africa
Germany
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? No, no time
Old 01-31-2020, 10:17 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Christina

2) What do you look like? 5'11 with blond hair and blue eyes (although I did rock plum-purple hair for a year and will probably go back, I loved it!)

3) Where are you from? Southern California

4) Who are your favorite people? My family (aka hubby, kids, parents, siblings) and my dear friend Lana

5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Other than scrapbook? I am a photographer actually with a bachelor in digital photography.

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? I bought Chinese New Year from Grace Lee for some Ninjago layouts I have been trying to get done

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? We had a pizza party at a local pizza place and it was fun

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? I love the style of Kristin Cronin-Barrow's kits but I don't follow any specific scrappers, there are too many to list!

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Ooh that's hard. I like the scavenger hunts and I think that having to name all of the designers can be super hard.

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. My mom actually only ever played music from the 50s so we didn't listen to too many current songs. Doesn't mean I didn't hear them however. lol. I would say "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" by Elton John

11) What is your favorite sweet? Caramel... probably donuts or cheesecake too

12) What is the last great book you read? I love to read but probably the book "You are a Badass" (lol)

13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Finland (hubby speaks the language fluently), Hawaii, and probably Italy.

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I do when I find I have time to do it. I prefer to fill it in so I want to make sure I have time to do that.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:18 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Sonya
2) What do you look like? Going grey
3) Where are you from? Canada
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Hiking, Camping, Reading
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Look Up: When it Rains Look for Rainbows
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? nothing special
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? I don't spend much time on the forums.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I love template challenges.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Michael Jackson - Black or White
11) What is your favorite sweet? Cheesecake
12) What is the last great book you read? When Breath Becomes Air
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Norway, Switzerland, Germany
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I haven't yet. It's a big time commitment.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:24 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Melinda, aka mmbstaley in most places around the web where I hang out
5'4" dark brown hair with a slight curl liberally peppered with gray
3) Where are you from?
I grew up in Washington state, but have lived in several places around the US and world over the years. Longest place we lived was Colorado Springs, CO, and we currently live in Richmond, VA
My family
Scrapbook, read, and spend time with my kids' high school band
Remember the Magic: Sundown Spectacular by Flergs and the matching template set by Cindy Schneider
It was this last Monday and definitely an un-inspiring day, but that's OK. My mom took me to see Little Women the night before and I bought myself cake and fudge the next day. Everyone went to work or school that day and I sat on the couch and eventually gave in to taking a nap LOL
All of the Babes with their never-tiring scrapping. I know there will always be something pretty and inspiring in the Babes gallery.
favorite: Template, least favorite: figure out the mystery person
I know just about all of them from the top 100 of 1985. But, since I just spent several months learning to play a version of Take On Me by A-Ha with group of band parents I think I can say that was, probably still is, a favorite. Our little band surprised our kids at their band awards ceremony last night. Here is a video of us playing https://youtu.be/ozFob9pc6z4
I've not met a dessert I didn't like, but I am partital to warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven
Becoming by Michelle Obama
Ireland, Greece and Alaska
No, I don't. I don't scrap outside of big album projects much now and those don't work well with a bunch of random challenges usually.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Roxana
2) What do you look like? I'm brunette and petit, small feet and hands.
3) Where are you from? Lima, Peru.
4) Who are your favorite people? my family.
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Scrapping and journaling.
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Just visiting by Jenn Barrette
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? at home with my family
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? I love Neverland, Tammy and Angel clustering.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Fave scavenger hunts, least fave none I think
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Flashdance songs
11) What is your favorite sweet? chocolate
12) What is the last great book you read? game of thrones
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Egypt, china and Cambodia
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? nop, I have to work for a living and don't have enough time to finish it all, I have tried several times though LOL

Last edited by roxana; 01-31-2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:46 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Lei
Princess Jasmine from Aladdin (animated movie)
3) Where are you from?
San Diego, California
My daughter & husband and my 3 nephews
Being a tourist in my beautiful city, trying out new restaurants & cuisines, hosting Afternoon Tea Parties
Slime Time, Belt Promotion, Remember the Magic: Incredible Family, Scrap Your Stories: Zoo
Dinner with family & friends at Din Tai Fung Restaurant
Actually I’m often told that I’m an -inspiration- because I am Girl Scouts Troop Leader for 12 girls who are Brownies in 2nd grade... besides also working full time graveyard shift (7pm-730am)... I’m a Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse, what’s your superpower?
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these?
Questionnaires/get to know you & scavenger hunts
What are your least favorite?
Journaling
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs?
Debbie Gibson
Give us a link so we can listen.
https://youtu.be/8Ms3mJFkSeg
French Macarons
I’m reading a lot of classic stories to my daughter at bedtime... we just finished “The Secret Garden”. We are now reading “Charlotte’s Web”.
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list.
Japan in the springtime
Egypt
Spain
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges?
Not yet
Why or why not?
My work schedule & not able to spend lots of time designing layouts
Old 02-01-2020, 12:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? I'm Rebecca/knittingbec. I'm a mom, a wife, a reluctant kindergarten teacher (fell in love with preschool last year & never wanted to switch back to lower elem!), a chronic procrastinator (though I just like to think of it as being overly confident or optimistic)
2) What do you look like? So many here are saying they're short, so I think I'll have to say " super short". Dark hair, brown eyes
3) Where are you from? I'm from Northwest Indiana (people from NW Indiana never just say they're from Indiana for some reason, lol) but haven't lived there since about 15 years ago.
4) Who are your favorite people? People who play games, read books & do crafty things tend to be my favorite people Also podcast hosts & Reese Witherspoon, loo
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. I love to scrapbook (duh), knit, run, read, sew, and play cards or board games
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? XOXO & Scrap Your Stories: Celebrate in the Oldies but Goodies sale. Oh, and a set of Brooke's templates too.
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? It was a couple of weeks ago! My family brought me breakfast in bed, I facetimed with my mom & stayed in my pajamas until 5 when we went out for dinner.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Well, we're a military family, so tons of selfless, hardworking, holding-it-together, making-the-most kind of people in our community! Or this community?? Lots of inspiration here, too!
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Fave - Scavenger hunts, least favorite- don't have one, I love all challenges, hahaha
Well, I'm absolutely certain that my friend and I listened to Boyz II Men "I'll Make Love to You" on the discman at least 3 times every morning on the way to school. Hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV8vB1BB2qc
11) What is your favorite sweet? Take 5 bars but they're so hard to find, so Oreos
12) What is the last great book you read? I really liked Daisy Jones & the Six
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... this is hard, because we're fortunate to have traveled & lived so many places already! I'll say New Zealand, Norway & Hungary
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Usually, but sometimes not if they're just not speaking to me

Guest for LJS Designs- Feb/Mar/Apr 2020
Old 02-01-2020, 12:54 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? I am Alicia
2) What do you look like? Brown curly hair, shorter than I would like, and way older than I ever feel. Personally I think I look like Belle.
3) Where are you from? currently Alaska although I've lived in 4 other states and 2 foreign countries
4) Who are your favorite people? My fiancée, 2 kids, and parents
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Read, Scrapbook, walk the beach, lay on the sand
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Probably several items this weekend, but I purchased these items last weekend: Flerg's Remember the Magic Sundown Spectacular Collection, Kristin Cronin-Barrow's Oh Darling Bundle, and Melissa Bennett's Wildflower
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Although a week late, I got to see my son graduate from Army Basic Training. It was great getting spend time with him.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? In this community, everyone with all their fantastic layouts. At home, all first responders who risk their lives by going to work.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I love BINGO and scavenger hunts. Least favorite, probably scraplifts.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Oh boy, now I really have to think. I loved listening to country, such as Garth Brooks, Alabama, and Brooks and Dunn.
11) What is your favorite sweet? Anything milk chocolate, especially Dove
12) What is the last great book you read? I read so often and so many books that it is difficult to name one. However I really enjoyed Under Current by Nora Roberts.
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list. Again so many choices but I'll pick Ireland, the Smithsonian, and the Bahamas.
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I made a new resolution to actually scrapbook again so while I haven't participated previously I managed to get 11 challenges completed for January 2020 and I plan to get more done in February. Along with this event.

Last edited by rosepup77; 02-01-2020 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:50 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? I'm Lisa
2) What do you look like? I'm short (my 12 year old is the same height as me!) with long blond hair (down to my backside) and blue eyes that have a teeny ring of greenish gold in the centre.
3) Where are you from? I'm from Bribie Island which is on the Sunshine Coast in Queeensland, Australia.
4) Who are your favorite people? My hubby and two cherubs - a 10 year old boy and 12 year old girl.
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. For me time I enjoy scrapbooking (of course), reading and crossword puzzles and with the family we enjoy bike riding, bush walking four-wheel driving, exploring and watching movies together.
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Piece by Piece v.5 Templates by Erica Zane
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? I went out for dinner with my little family.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? There's so many people in the gallery that inspire me, I love to look through layouts using the kit/templates that I'm about to use to see what others have done with it and see what elements work together that I probably wouldn't think of trying together. When I'm low on mojo I like to browse the gallery at random to get me back into it.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Time is my challenge, I keep saying I'm going to complete a challenge, start well then never manage to finish.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. I wasn't big into music back then and really just listened to what ever was on the radio. I did enjoy East 17 though and they were the first CD I ever got.
11) What is your favorite sweet? Chocolate - especially if it has caramel.
12) What is the last great book you read? I really enjoy the Temperence Brennan series by Kathy Reichs, which is what the Bones t.v. series is based on, though I think the books are better.
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Mt Kilauea in Hawaii, Canada and I'd like to take my kids to the Great Barrier Reef
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I try, I start out great every month then I seem to fizz out or run out of time.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:56 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Wife, Mother, Professor, Exercise Physiologist, Registered Dietitian

My and My favorite people

3) Where are you from?
Born in Logan, UT - lived there for over 20 years, 10 years in NC and have been in Wyoming for almost 10 years.

My husband and my 4 boys!

Hiking, biking, Exercising, playing games, watching movies, ready books, Scrapping of course!

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Food on Wheels and Hang on by WendyP Designs

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? an overnight in SLC with my husband, Temple, dinner, shopping. Then ice skating, bowling and ice cream with my whole family. My mom, put candles in a candle to sing to me - Ha Ha - I thought she had made me a cake in a cup.

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Wendy/Neverland Scraps and Krista Lund's layouts always inspired me! Love Krista's pocket layouts and Wendy always has such fun creative layouts!

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? I like the quick word games and the progressive scrap challenges
What are your least favorite?

I love I'm gonna be (500 miles) by the Proclaimers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNl...ature=emb_logo

Whoop.. There it is Tag Team was popular at dances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdKs...ature=emb_logo

11) What is your favorite sweet? Good chocolate and Chocolate and Peanut butter!

12) What is the last great book you read? I miss being able to free read. I did some audio books on my last conference trip - they were some Nicholas Spark and Steve Barry books

New Zealand, Australia, Denmark

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I have done some in the past. Usually it is due to time. I do look at it sometimes, but sometimes, I am just not sure how to make a layout to fit the prompt as I scrap to scrap our family memories vs. scrapping to scrap for a challenge and if I don't feel like I can make the challenge fit a family scrap page then I don't do it.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:18 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Nicole, Wife, Mom, Children's Ministry Leader
2) What do you look like? 5"4, brown skin
3) Where are you from? Tallahassee, FL
4) Who are your favorite people? My husband, children, mom
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Scrapbooking, Camping, Fashion
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Template from Cindy
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Dinner/Movie Date
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Jacinda, I love her creativity.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Fave template freebies
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Purple Rain
11) What is your favorite sweet? Godiva Chocolate
12) What is the last great book you read? Joyce Meyer
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Paris, Africa, Hawaii (again)
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Not yet, but I hope to schedule some scrapping time soon.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:58 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Sophie.
2) What do you look like? Petite, brunette, dark brown eyes.
3) Where are you from? Monterrey, Mexico.
4) Who are your favorite people? Mi daughter Dani and my husband.
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Reading, knitting, movies.
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? "Sing your heart song" and "Be you" by Blagovesta; "Note to self" by SBD; and several templates by Cindy Schneider.
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Last January 15th I went to a really nice restaurant with my family.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? I love all of the designers in SSD because of the wonderful work they do. For me they are awesome successful women.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I don't like bingo games and I like scavenger hunts. I also like to scrap, but sometimes one layout a day is too much.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. I am sure it was "After all" by Peter Cetera. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IAdaKTeuk) Since I am a complete romantic, I surely was listening to Chicago and Phil Collins's songs too.
11) What is your favorite sweet? Dark chocolate.
12) What is the last great book you read? "Sleeping beauties" by Stephen and Owen King. I am a reading fanatic and SK is my favourite writer.
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Japan, UK, New England (USA)
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? No. I prefer a much lighter pace for my scrapping.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Eve

I'm quite tall for Asian at 5"7 with dark hair

3) Where are you from?
Originally Indonesia but I currently live in Adelaide, Australia

My little family here in Adelaide plus my extended family back in US and Indonesia

Beside scrapbooking, I love things outdoor, we hike, play tennis, go camping and a new fave, crab diving!

Last weekend I bought level up by Erica Zane

I had lunch with some friends from work and birthday dinner with my people

I'm inspired by Traci Reed. I followed how she tried to achieve her goal, not an easy process but she's stuck to it and I admired that.

I love mixed games/challenges, I'd love to make pages for challenges but sometimes time doesn't allow me to do that

So many great songs in 1990 , here's some :
My fave boysband NKOTB : Step by Step - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay6GjmiJTPM
Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmYCM4CS8o
and who doesn't love the movie Pretty Woman : It must have been love by Roxette - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2C5TjS2sh4

Ice cream in summer but I'll go for cake anytime!

I haven't read books in the past few years, I need to take a trip to the library soon!

New Zealand, Japan and the Great Barrier Reef

I've been on and off, I scrap CT pages and try to corporate the challenges in those layouts when possible but often I only can make few pages because of work and other family commitments

Old 02-01-2020, 04:10 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Lisa Marie
short, blonde and forever smiling
3) Where are you from?
Born in PA, raised in FL
my boys
read, drink wine, travel, design templates
DSI A Country Christmas
In my favorite restaurant in Germany
Oooh...so many. The page designers are very inspiring. Cassie's pages are so super! They are composed so well. I can learn from them.
I like any challenge. Especially, the ones that really push us to think outside of the box.
Janet Jackson, What Have You Done For Me or anything from Rhythm Nation
dark chocolate with raspberries
Water For Elephants
Creta, The Alps, Lisbon
Plan not trying out this month. Just usually up to my neck with scrapbooking obligations.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:12 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Lori
2) What do you look like? Someone who avoids mirrors
3) Where are you from? Ohio
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Scrapbook, read, travel
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Kit
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Quietly
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Anyone who can design amazes me. I wish I were that good.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Quick ones. I have a 70 hr/wk job.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. I’m not good at links, but would’ve been something by Duran Duran
12) What is the last great book you read? Re-read Pride & Prejudice
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Australia, Tahiti, Galapagos
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? No. That 70 hr/wk job I mentioned
Old 02-01-2020, 06:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Allyson Ann
2) What do you look like? average height, laugh lines, lots of teeth
3) Where are you from? northeastern Ohio, USA
4) Who are your favorite people? I'm super picky about who I'm friends with, so all my friends are my favorites, and maybe a third of my entire family, lol
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. scrapbook, read, garden, ride my bike, host parties, take photos
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Traci's memory planner templates
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? hiking, lunch out at our favorite restaurant, afternoon relaxing
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Saar, because not only are her pages amazing, but she is so generous and sweet with her comments in the gallery. Kjersti, for the same reasons
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I like scavenger hunts and page challenges. Not sure I have a least fave
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. gosh, that was during my super-nerdy Phantom of the Opera phase.
11) What is your favorite sweet? haha, yes. All of them.
12) What is the last great book you read? Strange the Dreamer
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Great Britain, Denmark, and Yellowstone National Park
YES. I love them, but I've flaked out the past two months or so. I was feeling overwhelmed and needed a break.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:23 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default One down

1) Who are you?
Maureen
Average, blonde
3) Where are you from?
Iowa
Husband, daughters
photography, read, scrapbook
A Prickly Pair
didn't
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you?They all inspire me in different ways.
short answers, linking photos
Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac
anything chocolate and mint
Greetings from Witness Protection
National Parks, Scotland and Ireland
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Yes and No. I get the passport every month, but I don't always post.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Rebecca (mostly known as Bec by my close friends and family)

Late 30s, 180cm tall (or 5'11"), brown eyes and brown hair that is naturally wavy/curly.

3) Where are you from?
Melbourne, Australia (born and raised)

4) Who are your favourite people?
My Mum (we are very close, which I feel so fortunate for), my husband, my best female friend and my 4 children.

5) Tell us some of your favourite things to do.
Besides digiscrapping, I like to read science-fiction novels, drink tea (especially from a teapot), play Pokemon GO and daydream about having a clutter-free minimalist home without kids toys scattered everywhere! I am also deeply involved in volunteer work in my local community (President of the preschool my children have attended and I help co-ordinate a playgroup for families who have twins/triplets and more).

Cindy's Layered Templates - Fun Frames: Love + BONUS VALENTINE FRAMES by Cindy Schneider

March 7th - In the best way possible... I got to meet my best friend's brand new baby, who was born only a few days earlier. <3

Kim B (jak) and Jacinda both create incredible layouts, which are always sparking my creativity. I enjoy seeing their layouts appearing in the Gallery!

I enjoy games like this one, where I can actually learn about some of the other scrappers in the SSD community, whose lives I get to get sneak peeks on through their layouts. I find Bingo cards exhausting as I generally don't have enough spare time to complete them (and that makes me feel stressed).

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favourite songs?
The year was 1996, and there was such an eclectic mix of music I liked back then... Calypso by Spiderbait was an awesome song, Savage Garden were HUGE here, and Spice Girls songs were catchy.

11) What is your favourite sweet?
Peppermint Aero bars.

The Future of Another Timeline by Annalee Newitz

Mykonos (Greece), Canada, and London (UK).

I participate most months when I download the challenges, however I have never finished one but like the inspiration the prompts give me.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 02-01-2020, 07:44 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? I'm Laura, an almost 38 yr old mom of two kids (Georgia and James). I stay at home and am the domestic engineer of our household! I love scrapbooking (obviously) but also crochet, read obsessively, cross stitch, and play board games while drinking wine. Oh, and I listen to podcasts while I do almost everything.
2) What do you look like? Here's one of me with my kids from 2 years ago. I pretty much look the same, minus a shorter hair cut.

3) Where are you from? I'm originally from northern CA, where I grew up outside of San Francisco, but after meeting and marrying my husband, we've moved all over the country! We currently reside in the midwest, in Ohio.
4) Who are your favorite people? It's my kids and my husband, who my life revolves around!
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Besides scrapbooking, it's crochet, playing board games, reading, cooking new recipes, and drinking coffee in the early morning hours before anyone else gets up.
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? It was the 2020 calendar cards! They're going to make my Project Life album so cool!
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? My husband took the day off, and I slept in while he got the kids all together for the day, and got them both on the bus. After that, we went and bought the external hard drive, where all my scrapbooking kits, layouts, and ideas live now. He took me to lunch, I drank a few glasses of wine, and then took a long, uninterrupted nap (my favorite!). Then I went out with a few of my besties in town for a casual night at our favorite sports bar.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? In this community? Neverland Scraps' pages are always super inspiring to me. Her clusters are always on point, and I love how she manages to capture so many everyday moments in a sweet way. She celebrates the funny things her kids say, or daily events in a way that I know her kids are going to love looking back on as they grow.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? This is my first time participating in an event like this, so I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see!
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. When I was 14, I was obsessed with Hootie and the Blowfish, so here's one of their hit songs I was probably listening to on repeat! https://youtu.be/Ln6WQqRDrCo
11) What is your favorite sweet? Hmmmm, I'm not super into sweets. I'm much more of a cheese and crackers kind of girl. But.... my dessert of choice lately has been frozen yogurt with raspberries, drowning in chocolate syrup.
12) What is the last great book you read? I'm in a book club that meets each month, and we read some really great ones in there. My latest from there that I LOVED was Eternal Life, by Dara Horn. It's about a woman who can never die. If you read The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, you'll love it!
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... France, Germany (my husband and I plan to go there for our 20th anniversary), and Alaska.
I always try to, though I'm not always successful. I like how they stretch my style, and force me to think outside the box. They add variety to my albums, and keep me connected to the craft I love. The discount for finishing is pretty sweet too! @knittingbec got me hooked on them!
Old 02-01-2020, 07:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Heather
2) What do you look like? Short, reddish hair, blue eyes
3) Where are you from? Maine, just north of Bangor
4) Who are your favorite people? My husband, boys, mom and sisters
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Digital scrapbooking, cooking, reading
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? From the Going, Going, Gone sale-For Your Information by Grace Lee
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Working!
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? All of the SugarBabes!
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Favorite-Name the scrapper, Least favorite-Sketch challenges
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Showing my age! Loved the GoGo's Our Lips are Sealed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3kQlzOi27M
11) What is your favorite sweet? Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting
12) What is the last great book you read? Little Women
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list...Ireland, Italy, Hawaii
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Yes, I try to do at least 6 every month!
Old 02-01-2020, 08:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Gail
short dark hair, brown eyes, medium height and weight
3) Where are you from?
Canajoharie, New York, but live in Florida now
My family and my BFF
Scrapbook (digital & traditional), line-dance
templates
Went to Outback with my family
I really love Biancka's layouts - they are beautiful and she has a boy so I am inspired to work on layouts featuring my grandson
Favorite is ones that give a lot of freedom to do your own thing, least favorites are ones that include things that I won't really use in my books - like lists of TV shows, etc.
Gosh - I can;t even remember that far back
Cinnamon buns
I don't enjoy reading
Grand Canyon, New England, Alaska
I try to as much as I can; I think they are great!
Old 02-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to mshanhun

1) Who are you?
Melissa Shanhun

3) Where are you from?
Perth, Australia!
Kind people
Play piano, sing & scrapbook!
I don't really remember but I bet it was Flergs or KCB Christmas kits!
I went out for dinner with my best friend from primary school!
I absolutely love Flergs designs... designers are part of the community right? Oh and Traci Reed's inspiring me with her fitness work ethic!
I love a design challenge

This was so hard!!

Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV1XWJN3nJo

To the Moon and Back - Savage Garden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCm6gRHINqA

11) What is your favorite sweet? Cadbury Milk Chocolate
Hmm... hard one! Probably
US, UK and Fiji
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I
haven't really heard about it!
Old 02-01-2020, 08:28 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to mshanhun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favourite songs?
The year was 1996, and there was such an eclectic mix of music I liked back then... Calypso by Spiderbait was an awesome song, Savage Garden were HUGE here, and Spice Girls songs were catchy.
Savage Garden for the win. I think I was also into Silver Chair?!?
Old 02-01-2020, 08:53 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Shawn
My Mother
3) Where are you from?
Born, raised, and currently live very close to Houston, Texas
My family
Travel - Road Trips across the US. We do some sort of road trip every summer and sometimes head to Colorado for Christmas.
Template from Megans Creations for my son's high school marching band memory book. I'm adding "Yearbook" type pages this year.
I don't remember, but my birthday is in 3 days and I won't be doing much. As old as I am, just being with my family is perfect.
I have a photographer friend who is the most genuine, creative person I know.
This kind, something where I get to learn a little about fellow scrappers. My least favorite is probably the Passport. I want to participate but I never have the time.
Still Rock & Roll to Me - https://youtu.be/5eAQa4MOGkE
Another One Bites the Dust - https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE
Chocolate of any kind
I don't read much.
Switzerland, Germany, Paris
No, no time
Old 02-01-2020, 08:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Jill Williams

2) What do you look like? 5'4" - short hair (getting more grey each day ) and wear glasses

3) Where are you from? Northern Illinois

4) Who are your favorite people? Hands down - my family.

5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Spend time with my family - especially our 3 grandchildren (6 - 4 and 2 years) - scrap and take photos.

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? DSI's Hopes and Dreams bundle

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Hmmm - I don't even remember! LOL! Probably went out for dinner with my hubby.

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? There are 2 people that really inspire me - Mary Ashbaugh and Neverland Scraps. Mary, because when I first came to SSD she very kind and I love her style. I remember when she became a Babe! Neverland … well what can I say … she's awesome! Her talent is over the moon and she's active in the forums and always very positive!

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? I sometimes enjoy non-scrap type of challenges like this - I'm not always comfortable doing sketches, probably because I haven't used them much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ym3RlvVR9M - still one of my faves!

12) What is the last great book you read? Becoming | Michelle Obama

13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... New Foundland, Maine, Key West

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? Yes - I always have great intentions when the new month rolls around but sometimes life gets in the way too much! I love the challenges and like that I can customize it to what I'm wanting to scrap for the month (rathe than going in a BINGO pattern).

Last edited by JillW; 02-01-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Trina

2) What do you look like? I’m short & round lol. Brown hair, blue eyes

3) Where are you from? Alberta, Canada

4) Who are your favorite people? My girls - Kaitlyn (12 on Wed), Kenzie (3), hubby Mark, mom, sister, nephews ... I could keep going

5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Besides scrapbooking - reading, camping, travelling

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? A Sunday Afternoon collection - Studio Basic

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Hubby surprised me with a party (40th!)

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? KCB! Her designs are so wonderful, they inspire me to create

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Love getting to know people with these type of games, and the ones that get me scrapping. Least fave are the scavenger hunts (I’d rather spend the time scrapping)

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. That’d be 1994 - I Swear by Boys 2 Men... https://g.co/kgs/hpMgpE

11) What is your favorite sweet? Chocolate!! But not dark chocolate

12) What is the last great book you read? The One - John Marrs. So good!

13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Italy, Disneyland, Jamaica

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I start each month doing them and then run out of time and don’t end up finishing so I don’t post them 🤷🏼*♀️
Old 02-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you?
Christy

3) Where are you from?
We live in Michigan, way on the west side near Lake Michigan
That would be my family: My husband Tim and our 3 kids, Michael, Jonathan, and Becca.
I like to volunteer at my church, hang out with my family and watch movies, scrapbook of course, and play number games like sudoku and kenken
I and love and you by Studio Basic - It's not in the shop now, so it must have been at the going, going, gone sale.
We went out to eat so I didn't have to cook or clean up! However, the restaurant I wanted to go to had a 2 hour wait so we picked my second choice and ate at Red Robin (I love their fries!)
People at my church inspire me all the time. Our church has been doing a series of video on members who let their faith impact their work - anything from being an electrician to running a company. These people's stories have really inspired me.
Boy, that is hard. My favorite is actually when there is a mix of very different ones: some scrapping, some taking pictures, some hunting through the gallery or store for things. I guess I get easily bored with repetition.
Anything by Amy Grant probably - this is the one that keeps going through my head when I think back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwfmuusMkk
Hershey chocolate
This is not great literature, but it helped me a ton at my job and I found it very inspiring:

Western US, South Africa, and to be honest, if I could go anywhere it would be back to our family's favorite resort in Florida where we always have so much fun.
I haven't been - I went back to full time work a year and a half ago and lost all energy for scrapbooking. I miss it a ton, so I'm trying to get back into it now.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:04 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Martina :-)
2) What do you look like? Aging :-D - started to embrace the gray!
3) Where are you from? Originally from Czech Republic. My husband is American and we have been living past 25 years in Minnesota.
4) Who are your favorite people? My family and my friends.
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Reading, hiking, photography, exploring new places around our home or anywhere in the world. Being with friends and organizing various Czech and Slovak ethnic events celebrating our heritage, sharing it with others, and teaching it to our children.
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Sorry, I can't remember. I have to admit I have very limited free time and budget, use a lot of freebies and am still kind of a beginner scrapbooker. I also love cleaner and simple designs and use mostly just papers, flairs, word art, a very limited number of other elements... Photos are center of my photo books but I started looking at scrapbooking stores and blogs as the backgrounds and elements offered by photo stores are usually not my taste or are too limited.
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? It was a major life milestone this time. I was celebrating it with my best friend who almost shares the same date/year of birth with me. A few days later I was lucky enough to fly and celebrate it with my parents and sister's family in the Czech Republic.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? A group of my friends is very generous at volunteering their time and effort for a certain nonprofit organization. At first, I saw joining them regularly like a huge time-commitment away from home but it gave me so many memories, joyful time spent with others, and truly enriched not only my life but especially the life of my whole family as well.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? As free time is limited, I prefer challenges where I can learn about others (like this one). I am usually not able to scrap even a simple page for a challenge right away plus I am a bit hesitant sharing photos of my family online in public forums.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. I grew up during communism and at that time it was still quite "cold" around us. 99% of songs we were able to listen to were either in Czech or Slovak. I have to admit that I don't remember my favorite of those years, I wasn't really too much into pop music (the majority of what was on our limited radios...).
11) What is your favorite sweet? Definitely chocolate with WHOLE hazelnuts in it.
12) What is the last great book you read? The Last Year of War.
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... I will never go but it would be my dream: Australia, India, Japan.
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I don't, not enough time.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:24 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Debbie, AKA WiredLady
2) What do you look like? 5'4", short grey hair, hazel eyes, with many scars.
3) Where are you from? Born and raised in WV, moved to Richmond VA for 17 years and now living in the snow belt near Cleveland Ohio for the last 20 years.
4) Who are your favorite people? Hubby, most of the time LOL, and my fur baby Sprite.
5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. Taking pictures, scrapbooking and gardening.
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? A Magical Christmas by Digital Scrapbook Ingredients
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Out to dinner with family and cake.
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? I've only been here for 1 month but I love to get inspiration from any fellow scrappers.
9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Scraplift is favorite, Selfies less favorite.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Draggin' the line by Tommy James. https://binged.it/31gtXRD
11) What is your favorite sweet? Anything Lemon
12) What is the last great book you read? Bible, still reading
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list...I have a fear of flying so I really don't have a travel bucket list, but I would love to see the grand canyon.
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? I'm new to SSD, but I did do some of Jan and I like to do challenges and will continue.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Linda, aka muuuuuumm!
2) What do you look like? Right now, the crazy cat lady ….
3) Where are you from? Scotland now living in Australia
4) Who are your favourite people? My crazy girls and people who are kind
5) Tell us some of your favourite things to do. Reading, number puzzles, taking photos, following my passions – football and motorsport
6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? Believe in the possibilities by Kristin Cronin-Barrow
7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? Family dinner at the local pub and no washing up
8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Lots of awesome designers and the gallery pages are full of jaw-dropping layouts, I never tire of looking. But I’ll give a shout out to Robin who has done an absolutely amazing job keeping SSD at the top for so long, providing an inspiring and fun community and always going above and beyond for you.
9) What is your favourite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favourite? I love puzzles, so scavenger hunts are always fun. Things like never have I ever. Basically I love quicker challenges as I’m usually time poor.
10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favourite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. This was one of my faves that year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWVpcypf0w
11) What is your favourite sweet? Rolos and caramello. If you mean dessert, baked cheesecake
12) What is the last great book you read? Any book I actually get to finish which is rare at the moment.
13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Alaska, and hopefully to see the Northern lights (never did in Scotland ); Austria for a white Christmas; The Maldives because just once I’d love to go somewhere exotic and do pretty much nothing lol
14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? No, I hardly get on the computer these days, either too busy or the kids are using it
Old 02-01-2020, 10:27 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

1) Who are you? Lou

2) What do you look like? short, brown hair, brown eyes

3) Where are you from? France

4) Who are your favorite people? my two little boys

5) Tell us some of your favorite things to do. scrapbooking, reading, cooking, exercising

6) What was the last thing you bought from SSD? I have Backyardscape Bundle by Studio Basic and Little Butterfly Wings, but it may have got it from another store.

7) How did you celebrate your last birthday? quietly with just husband and sons

8) Is there someone in the community who inspires you? Who is it and how do they inspire you? Neverland Scraps pages are always so amazing. I follow her on FB. Her pages never ceases to amaze me.

9) What is your favorite kind of challenge or game during events like these? What are your least favorite? Least favourite is no doubt scavenger hunt, I don't really have a favourite. Questions like these are easy and fun ;-)

10) When you were 14, what would have been one of your favorite songs? Give us a link so we can listen. Don't laugh: Always by Bon Jovi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BMwcO6_hyA

11) What is your favorite sweet? Chocolate

12) What is the last great book you read? The coffee trader by David Liss

13) Name 3 places on your travel bucket list... Easter Island, Grand Canyon, Northern Lights in Norway

14) Do you participate in our passport challenges? Why or why not? No, not enough time, not enough supplies from the shoppe.