Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-14-2020, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts: 02/14

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. In honor of love.....
  1. What do you love about yourself?
  2. Have you ever lost a loved personal item?
  3. Do you love or hate your hair style?
  4. Which snack food do you love the most?
  5. What is your perfect date with someone you love?
Old 02-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do you love about yourself?
I'm usually calm under pressure. I can be the voice of reason in turmoil. My hubs blows up quickly about work stuff, demanding bosses, unreasonable customers, etc. I always listen and agree with his reaction but then calm him down with ideas and ways to handle it next time and provide coping solutions for him.

Have you ever lost a loved personal item?
I don't often lose things but I do misplace them (a lot). I have a favorite pair of hiking/rain boots that I have not been able to find all fall/winter. I searched the house numerous times for them when going out hiking and finally gave up a few weeks ago b/c I had searched every single spot in the house for them. I figured they somehow got into one of the charity bags I've been putting together and dropping off every month or two. But....my daughter came over a few days ago with her cat Noel and after taking him out of his cat carrier, she let him run around the house so he went into the back bedroom (where they had stayed when she had moved back in a few yrs ago). He didn't want to come out so we had to get down on the floor, feeling around the back of a coat rack to get him out and.....there were my boots. I have no idea how they got back there but I sure am glad to have them again

Do you love or hate your hair style?
Sorta love it. Its shorter than I've ever had before and am loving how easy it is to blow dry and add a smidge of paste to, so in a few minutes my hair is "done". But I do want the sides to be a tiny bit longer so we'll have to reshape it in a month or so. But then....I think it'll be perfect for me.

Which snack food do you love the most? Right now it is the Trader Joes Baked Cheezie snacks (that I've run out of and now have to wait a few months before we go back). I am a pig and can eat the whole bag in one night LOL. There's a Canadian brand of baked cheezie snacks which I will have to buy to satisfy my craving but they aren't as good. Sure wish we had a Trader Joes here but then again, maybe not....b/c I'd be there every day LOL.

What is your perfect date with someone you love?
We're so boring LOL. My perfect date is exactly what we are doing tonight. We are just hanging out, will order dinner in and will watch a couple of movies together. We usually play on our iPads and show each other videos or other funny things we come across. We just have to figure out what movies we want to see. Possibly Joker but not sure, we'll check the android box when he comes home from work and figure it out.

Last edited by bcgal00; 02-14-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My creativeness is probably what I like/love the most. I love to paint, draw, create and craft all kinds of things.

I misplace little stuff all the time... but the only treasured item I can think of a vase my grandpop gave me for my birthday... one of my daughters broke it a few years ago. Not really lost, but gone.

Have not liked my hair in a long time. Its thin, mostly straight, so I usually perm it so it has some body and occasionally straighten it.

Which snack food do you love the most?
Love almost anything salty or sweet. Chips, popcorn or ice cream....

Oh gosh... I have no idea.... we are a bit of lazy bums lately... maybe a dinner that I don't have to cook and a movie in jammies....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-14-2020, 03:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That I'm pretty laid back. I am amazed when my kids tell me how neurotic their friends' parents are!

I dropped my phone in the lake this summer. It was awful!

I like it better than my last one. :P But i fight frizz since it's naturally curly

At the moment my favorite is Good Thins Corn and Sea Salt crackers. Light, crunchy, salty!

Going out to eat so I don't have to cook, then taking it easy watching TV or a movie at home!
Old 02-14-2020, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do you love about yourself? I love that I can find positive in pretty much every situation. I also love that I can think fast and find creative solutions to problems.

Have you ever lost a loved personal item? I lost a diamond necklace that my grandma gave me. She promised it to me when I was three. She gave it to me when I turned 18. I gave it back to her because I knew she missed it. She gave it to me again before she passed away. I was crushed to lose it - Odd thing was... years later I was decluttering and actually found it. It was tucked away in a wallet that I know I had not used for much longer than the necklace had been missing. Not sure how it got in there, or why I decided to check the little pocket of the wallet that I had never used, but there it was!

Do you love or hate your hair style? Neither. I don't love it. I don't hate it. I think I'd like something new. I wish my hair wasn't so darn thick.

Which snack food do you love the most? I don't know. I go through stages. Last week it was fried tortillas with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on.

What is your perfect date with someone you love? Any time I go out with my husband it is perfect. I love spending time with him!
Old 02-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do you love about yourself? I always do what I can to make others happy.
Have you ever lost a loved personal item? Oh I'm sure I have, I just can't think of any one thing.... I guess that just makes a point that it's not 'things' that are important. I have lost photos though.... that's the worst "thing" ever.
Do you love or hate your hair style? Hate. I like it long, but I haven't done anything to it since 2012, so I am waaaay over-due for a little sprucing up.
Which snack food do you love the most? Crackers or Gummie bears..... neither of which I can have on this dang diet lol
What is your perfect date with someone you love? I've never been on a date before, so I have no idea how one is supposed to go (besides what I see on tv... going to dinner at a nice restaurant, some sort of romantic gesture.... I'm not interested in anything in those categories, and they probably aren't real expectations anyway lol)..... I just like spending time with my SO... drive around and sight see, take the dog to the park, go to the shooting range, "netflix & chill"..... none of which I would consider "date" stuff.... my ideal is just every day stuff I guess.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do you love about yourself? I am funny, smart, loyal and pretty much just an all around good person
Have you ever lost a loved personal item?I don't really put much thought into actual items, but losing hard drives full of photos is devastating.
Do you love or hate your hair style? Ehh, it's a love hate.
I love that it's long, I hate that I need to color it every few weeks so that I don't look 20 years older than I really am.

Which snack food do you love the most? Jerky, Gummi Bears, Chex Spicy Snack Mix
What is your perfect date with someone you love?An absolutely perfect date... picnic lunch at the lake during the day and sitting by a campfire at night, with good food, good conversations, and good "snuggles"
Old 02-15-2020, 11:47 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love my sense of humor and my ability to roll with the punches...and always stand up when I get knocked down.
Have you ever lost a loved personal item? Yes :/ I got my fathers wedding ring after he passed away and when I moved from Arizona to Washington I thought I lost it. I found it again two years later .
Do you love or hate your hair style? Hate. It's long, straight and boring. Even when I try to curl it - a couple hours later, even with the strongest hairspray - it's straight again.
Which snack food do you love the most? I'm not a huge snacker. Popcorn maybe?
What is your perfect date with someone you love? Just quality time with good conversation and laughter.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 02-15-2020, 01:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What do you love about yourself? This is a toughie! I don't know. Some of the qualities/traits I like about myself are only good in some situations. I guess I love that I've built a family and career I'm proud of.
Have you ever lost a loved personal item? [knocks on wood] No
Do you love or hate your hair style? Somewhere in between
Which snack food do you love the most? Chocolate
What is your perfect date with someone you love? A nice dinner, maybe a movie or a show
Old 02-15-2020, 03:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm patient and kind and can stay calm in most situations.

I can't really think of anything, at least not a physical item. In the days before online backup, I lost some photos when I got a new computer. It wasn't until a year or two later that I realized that about half of 2006 (DS2's birth year) had never transferred. I still have the scrapbook pages with all the best photos from that year and I have medium resolution copies of the photos on CDs (which is how I backed up then), so luckily it was disappointing but not devastating.

I have fine curly hair, so it dictates its own style, LOL. I don't love it or hate it. I guess I love it when I have the time to invest in it, but on a daily basis I've been struggling with it since our morning schedule has changed and I no longer have time in the morning to make it look nice. I've also come to the realization that most of the products I'm using on it are too heavy for it, but every time I try to change products I have a lot more misses than hits, and that gets expensive.

On a daily basis I snack on almonds, string cheese, and mini Kind bars. But my real favorite is chocolate.

DH and I are generally pretty laid back--our dates are usually takeout and a movie at home after the kids go to sleep. But my perfect date is the one we got to take in November--Disney World without the kids for 4 days! It was amazing! It's the longest we've been away from them in 16 years and the first time we've taken a real trip rather than doing a local overnight.

Last edited by rach3975; 02-15-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:08 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

1 What do you love about yourself?
That I am community-minded, creative and can bake pretty well. I also enjoy being tall.

2. Have you ever lost a loved personal item?
When I was little (maybe 10-12?), my Mum gave me her signet ring from when she was a child. For some reason I decided to bury it in the front yard near a rock, I never did see it again.

3. Do you love or hate your hair style?
I actually really like my hair at the moment. It is shoulder-length, meaning I can wear it up or down. I haven't coloured it in nearly two years so am enjoying my natural colour showing through without thinking about the upkeep of hairdyes etc. I had coloured my hair since age 14 or so, so it had become ingrained that it's just 'what women do'. It's empowering to make a choice.

4 .Which snack food do you love the most?
Probably savoury biscuits (crackers). I could eat a box in a single sitting while scrapping, not that I consciously choose to do so these days.

5. What is your perfect date with someone you love?
Good food and time to talk, no screens and lots of laughing!

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 02-15-2020, 07:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What do you love about yourself? I love that lately I have been able to look at not-so-pleasant situations and can tell myself that "it could be worse, look how blessed you are" instead of having a pity party and feeling sorry for myself.
Have you ever lost a loved personal item? Yes. I recently lost the big pearl of one of my favorite dangle pearl earrings (costume jewelry) that I've had I think for over 20 years. Not sure how it happened.
Do you love or hate your hair style? Those are both such strong words. LOL I don't hate my hair style, but I don't love it. I do like it, though. I wear it just as you see in my profile picture.
Which snack food do you love the most? I LOVE snack foods! Having to choose one is difficult. LOL The first thing that comes to mind is tortilla chips and queso blanco cheese dip. I haven't tried to make it myself; a lady at work told me about the Tostitos brand. I heat it up first, though.
What is your perfect date with someone you love? Going out to dinner with my husband at one of our favorite restaurants (doesn't have to be fancy) or maybe trying a new one and then coming home to watch a movie.