Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-20-2020, 10:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Kit suggestions, 75th birthday album

My mother is turning 75 this month, and of course we won't be able to gather and celebrate in person. So I'm making a photobook for her with some pages that are cards/messages from the extended family and some that are photos from throughout her life. (Only the photo pages will be scrapped--the card pages will just be the handmade cards.) I have 1 page from her childhood and 1 from my parents' wedding, and then from the mid-1970's through today I have 2-4 pages per decade. Since I need to pull the entire thing together in just a few days, I'd like to use 1 or 2 kits for the entire book. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 05-23-2020, 06:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Book is finished and ordered! Just in case anyone else finds themselves looking for a very versatile kit for an entire album, I'll share what I ended up using. I love using the limited edition special event collabs for things like this since they're huge.

My main kit was the SSD Collab Best Day Ever.

I also made some pages with the 20/20 Collab.

And I ended up using a few papers to mount everyone's hand made (or digital) card. Those were from a birthday kit by Flergs and Studio Basic, but it looks like it was retired since I can't find it in the shop.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Those are very good choices !! It's going to be a gorgeous album for your mom's 75th birthday
Old 05-25-2020, 06:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Using the big collab kit was a great idea - I wouldn't even have thought of that! I've struggled before with having to create more papers (usually solids or small prints) and use additional elements from all over when I try to do an album with a single kit. Thanks for sharing!