Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2023, 05:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default What are some good things happening in your life right now?

I don't know about you guys but the world seems so bleak to me right now and everything seems just so so so hard.

What are some things that are bringing you joy or making you happy? Anything you are looking forward to?
Old 10-26-2023, 05:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

After 16 years of infertility (and after adopting 6 children) my son & daughter-in-law are expecting. This is their first pregnancy but will be their 7th child (unless they adopt the girl they are fostering then it may be their 8th child).
Old 10-26-2023, 05:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
After 16 years of infertility (and after adopting 6 children) my son & daughter-in-law are expecting. This is their first pregnancy but will be their 7th child (unless they adopt the girl they are fostering then it may be their 8th child).
oh my gosh! that is seriously amazing. wow!
Old 10-26-2023, 06:07 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Debbie that is awesome! Congrats to your fam!

Let's see... for me, I reallyreallyreally love our new house / neighborhood and neighbors. It's really lovely here and I feel so grateful to have made the decision to sell and move last summer before shit hit the fan in the housing market with interest rates, etc. If we hadn't sold and committed to having our house built last year when we did, I don't think we would have been able to for years and we love it here so much! It really feels like it was meant to be sometimes and like we got a bit lucky with all of the timing.

Staying up til midnight+ with Em to listen to 1989 TV when it debuts tonight... so it's silly but that's a life's little pleasures / something that brings me joy thing too
Old 10-26-2023, 06:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Staying up til midnight+ with Em to listen to 1989 TV when it debuts tonight... so it's silly but that's a life's little pleasures / something that brings me joy thing too
Robin, those little things are what your daughter will remember most as she gets older... I still have vivid memories of watching The Monkee's reruns on Nick at Night with my Mom while she permed my hair, and squeeing with her over how cute Davy Jones was.

Old 10-26-2023, 06:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Kristin, I love that you're looking for those small points of light in the dark. I'm struggling with it myself right now.

So, I'm trying to actively look for the good in the bad. My oldest niece is getting married in Cancun in early December. Tons of pressure on my mom to go; my dad can't because of security reasons with his job, which has her scared out of her mind. So we're going with her. I'm dreading the family drama, being "the fat aunt", and my list goes on ... I'm trying to focus on the fact that we're going to be at an all-inclusive resort on the beach for 5 days.

I get to make my dress for the wedding, which is a positive amidst the negative. My niece wants everyone to dress according to her color palette - dusty rose pink, light greyish blue, sage green, and a light camel tan - none of which look good on me. I researched for months to try and find something that would work. But I finally found a sage green foiled jersey at Mood Fabric and ordered 5 yards of it. And I'm going to make myself a stunning maxi-length gown with a knot top, dramatic angel sleeves, and draped skirt.

And even though I'm miserably nauseous from a new medication each time they increase the dose, as of yesterday I'm down 19.7 pounds. One more "good" amidst the miserable bad.

Old 10-26-2023, 06:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

honestly, not much BUT seeing my community, my people pull together in the face of so much hatred... that's a light in my life right now.

looking forward to a better time ahead when people can be kind, open, and caring and honestly, to do some research and know what they are talking about before they spew such vile evil hatred to another human being.

what brings me joy.. my amazing kids, the strength they are showing right now is beyond words. just so sad that they are seeing just how horrible human kind can be.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started deep cleaning my house yesterday to get ready for Christmas decorating! I literally wipe down all the walls, woodwork, wash the curtains, etc. in preparation for decorating. My daughter is away at college, so things just feel different at our house and I have found over the years, that the earlier I start decorating, the more time I have to just ENJOY the holiday season! So, I'm looking forward to decorating!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got tickets to see John Mulaney with my daughter. I'm hoping we get to go (no sickness or anything) because the tickets are non-refundable. I am so ready for some laughs.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That's awesome! Congrats to everyone!!!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hugs, Angie! I just got back from Cancun and as someone who isn't the weight I'd like to be, I was intimidated at first about wearing my swimsuit (for the first time in years) and going to the beach. I had someone tell me before I went that no one is surprised by how you look in your swimsuit. You just need to put it on and go have fun. That really helped my mindset and I ended up having a wonderful time playing in the delightful water and just enjoying the beach with my daughter. I hope you can find some joy there as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Kristin, I love that you're looking for those small points of light in the dark. I'm struggling with it myself right now.

So, I'm trying to actively look for the good in the bad. My oldest niece is getting married in Cancun in early December. Tons of pressure on my mom to go; my dad can't because of security reasons with his job, which has her scared out of her mind. So we're going with her. I'm dreading the family drama, being "the fat aunt", and my list goes on ... I'm trying to focus on the fact that we're going to be at an all-inclusive resort on the beach for 5 days.

I get to make my dress for the wedding, which is a positive amidst the negative. My niece wants everyone to dress according to her color palette - dusty rose pink, light greyish blue, sage green, and a light camel tan - none of which look good on me. I researched for months to try and find something that would work. But I finally found a sage green foiled jersey at Mood Fabric and ordered 5 yards of it. And I'm going to make myself a stunning maxi-length gown with a knot top, dramatic angel sleeves, and draped skirt.

And even though I'm miserably nauseous from a new medication each time they increase the dose, as of yesterday I'm down 19.7 pounds. One more "good" amidst the miserable bad.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Debbie that is awesome! Congrats to your fam!

Let's see... for me, I reallyreallyreally love our new house / neighborhood and neighbors. It's really lovely here and I feel so grateful to have made the decision to sell and move last summer before shit hit the fan in the housing market with interest rates, etc. If we hadn't sold and committed to having our house built last year when we did, I don't think we would have been able to for years and we love it here so much! It really feels like it was meant to be sometimes and like we got a bit lucky with all of the timing.

Sounds wonderful! We've been looking for a different house for years now, it's depressing after awhile!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post

I am certain your dress AND you will be beautiful Angie!!

Congrats! That's a considerable # to be down!!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
honestly, not much BUT seeing my community, my people pull together in the face of so much hatred... that's a light in my life right now.

looking forward to a better time ahead when people can be kind, open, and caring and honestly, to do some research and know what they are talking about before they spew such vile evil hatred to another human being.

what brings me joy.. my amazing kids, the strength they are showing right now is beyond words. just so sad that they are seeing just how horrible human kind can be.
Sending you warm thoughts and many prayers, Jo!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
I started deep cleaning my house yesterday to get ready for Christmas decorating! I literally wipe down all the walls, woodwork, wash the curtains, etc. in preparation for decorating. My daughter is away at college, so things just feel different at our house and I have found over the years, that the earlier I start decorating, the more time I have to just ENJOY the holiday season! So, I'm looking forward to decorating!
That's awesome and so much fun!!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I got tickets to see John Mulaney with my daughter. I'm hoping we get to go (no sickness or anything) because the tickets are non-refundable. I am so ready for some laughs.
Sounds so fun! Hoping it all works out perfectly!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a partial thyroidectomy last Tuesday but feel like I've recovered remarkably well from it. Of course, the scar on my throat looks pretty nasty and will be that way for awhile, but that is what it is. The best (!) part of the whole situation is that the pathology report came back as "all clear", so all of the cancer was able to be taken with the surgery!

That's my fantastic happy news!
Old 10-26-2023, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
I had a partial thyroidectomy last Tuesday but feel like I've recovered remarkably well from it. Of course, the scar on my throat looks pretty nasty and will be that way for awhile, but that is what it is. The best (!) part of the whole situation is that the pathology report came back as "all clear", so all of the cancer was able to be taken with the surgery!

Jill, I'm so glad to hear you are doing well after surgery!
Old 10-26-2023, 08:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My eldest son and his partner are expecting their first child in late March so that's my joyful news!

Old 10-26-2023, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post

Jill, that's fantastic!!!

Old 10-26-2023, 09:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

There has been so much rain in our area this week (we had almost no rain all summer so this is good news in itself). With the rain comes lots of cancelations for soccer, while I am sorry my kids miss practices and our trip to OK for 2 games is now not happening until May - I am also so very thankful for a weekend without a nonstop schedule.
Also loving that my kids are all still wanting to dress up and trick or treat - 17, 15, 14 and they are going together with a group of friends and have coordinated costumes a tiny bit. So much pressure in the world, so much pressure on kids/teens these days I love that they can still hold on to parts of being a kid a bit longer.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I love reading the positive/good things that are happening your lives, ladies. It certainly brings smile and happiness to me, amidst the 'blah' feeling that comes up to me every now and then.

For me, I've got my birthday to look forward to next month, it seems that the boys are whispering some surprises to each other behind my back... so I just have to wait patiently for the time to come to find out what they are planning.

And... Michelle and I are going to Shanghai Disney again ON the Christmas day! This was totally unexpected. It was just a blurb from me and, somewhat, Lan made it to reality. It'll be just us the 2 girls, since the boys have work and school, no Christmas holiday. I am nervous, as this is the first domestic trip I am taking without Lan, language will be a challenge, but... I am just going to be brave and have fun.

Lastly, after a month long of healing, the finger (flesh & nail) that I sliced on the mandolin has finally looked more like a finger again. The wound healed nicely, it's still a bit sensitive as it still needs time for the nail to grow and cover the flesh, but I am glad that I did not end up with a somewhat deformed finger.
Old 10-26-2023, 10:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My oldest daughter (20) came home from University for her birthday week. She flies back tomorrow. It's been lovely having her here. My youngest (almost 17) is now on study leave, so no more school for her until exams. I got both of them to help me clean the house today. I'm not sure it made THEM happy, but I certainly got joy out of it. Haha!
Old 10-27-2023, 12:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am looking forward to being a grandma. We've had some nervous moments with this pregnancy, but our little peanut is a tough nut and I can hardly wait to love him up.
Old 10-27-2023, 03:31 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I am looking forward to being a grandma. We've had some nervous moments with this pregnancy, but our little peanut is a tough nut and I can hardly wait to love him up.
When is the due date, Lorie! I am excited for you and your kiddos for the birth of the baby. I do know my parents were always so over the moon when they hear about a new grandkid coming.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:47 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I am recovering from the TAVR surgery (aortic valve replacement through the groin) I had on Oct 2. The various needle holes on my arms and in the groin area are all healed. The heart is working fine now.

But I've maybe picked up a bug of some kind that has me coughing and out of breath this last week. I'm really not sure it is a bug since I hadn't been out of the house where I interacted with people since the 11th. And, for some reason I always start coughing a lot during the fall. Guess I need to get this figured out!
Old 10-27-2023, 11:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My life is bringing me joy right now, KCB.

I'm in such a deeply content place as I reflect back on how far I've come in the last few years. I just had the wedding of my dreams, and the best part was being able to come home afterwards to the love of my life. My kids are absolutely thriving, and our relationships are stronger than ever. I've been on two vacations in the last two months, and besides wanting an incredible marriage & partner, what I was always so painfully jealous of over the years when I got on social media or perused the SSD gallery was other people having the ability to travel & see the world & have fun new adventures.

My life now is all of my dreams coming true.

Even the less than ideal things are all about perspective. D. has been laid off for the last 2 months. Is that itself bringing me joy? Of course not. However, him being home all day long with me has been incredible & since my job makes enough to pay all the bills + we have savings, I'm not worrying, as I have so very many times in the past, about how my kids will eat or if we will have electricity. He will get called back in or get another job, and things will be just fine.

I know this all sounds totally cliche & cheesy but I'm okay with that, too.
Old 10-27-2023, 12:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

After a long time of feeling really unwell, tired, and hopeless, I had an appointment with a functional medicine practitioner this week, and she was amazing. I am making some changes to heal my adrenal system and manage cortisol and stress levels. I already feel a little bit better, and my hot flashes are decreasing somewhat. But I felt so supported to just have someone listen to and believe me, to care about how all the things (covid, long covid + menopause) have worked together to create a perfect storm. I finally have some hope that things can get better. Other than that, I really love my friends right now--I have such a great group of people around me, and it hasn't always been like that. So I'm grateful.

Old 10-27-2023, 07:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
My life is bringing me joy right now, KCB.
This makes me so happy, LeeAndra!

Our oldest son has struggled for the last few years of high school, but he seems to be thriving now that he's in college. No, that's too strong a word...maybe it's more accurate to say he seems like he's in a good place. It's such a relief to not feel worried about him 24/7.

Plants are bringing me so much joy lately. My prayer plant opens her leaves wide to greet me each morning and then raises them up each night, and I feel like I'm doing such a great job as a plant mom. : ) I filled the built-in shelves of my office with plants and books and pictures, and I love being in that room now.
Old 10-27-2023, 07:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love hearing all the good things. Especially thrilled for you leeandra <3 <3 it's about time you had your happiness!!
Old 10-27-2023, 08:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
When is the due date, Lorie! I am excited for you and your kiddos for the birth of the baby. I do know my parents were always so over the moon when they hear about a new grandkid coming.
He is due 2/12/24. We have a bit yet, but I know it will go by super fast because of the holidays. It's like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, BABY!
Old 10-29-2023, 01:19 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Right now, my little joy is that my whole family is in the kitchen making eggs and being together.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I took my youngest and one of her friends to the last night of the big Halloween Haunt at the amusement park and kept them out way too late with school first thing this morning. Yeah, it was a bit irresponsible, but it was lots of fun
Old 10-30-2023, 04:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

This is awesome! So exciting!!
Old 10-30-2023, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good things...My son got his job back at Walmart (long story but was fired due to a couple of dumb mistakes...management didn't handle them well). Walmart pays 100% of schooling so we are happy he is back at it. He also got hired part time by my church as a media intern (working the announcement video, pastors slides etc)...He is majoring in business with a concentration in digital marketing and media

Hubby's dad is looking for a new truck and is offering to sell us his older truck. Hubby has been without a car for a year now since the oldest wrecked it. He has been sharing the with the oldest. It will be nice to finally have a third vehicle with our busy schedules.

Hubby is working sound board at our church now (been poking him to get more involved. He can be a hermit). It is fun on my Sunday's to sing with the praise band to see him up there watching and working the sound

Life is busy and doesn't look like it is slowing down with work, 2 teen boys and hubby...I am happy to just fall in bed at night.
Old 11-01-2023, 07:35 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Good things: I finally am getting the weight loss shot Moun Jaro which I have been fighting for all year. I also have a date to get a breast reduction. I can't wait until Dec 15th when I hope to go down from an H cup to a C or D. Also, my football team FSU is undefeated so far this year and in the playoff rankings.
Some things are looking up in this really crappy year.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
My oldest daughter (20) came home from University for her birthday week. She flies back tomorrow. It's been lovely having her here. My youngest (almost 17) is now on study leave, so no more school for her until exams. I got both of them to help me clean the house today. I'm not sure it made THEM happy, but I certainly got joy out of it. Haha!
The cleaning story just cracked me up.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
I took my youngest and one of her friends to the last night of the big Halloween Haunt at the amusement park and kept them out way too late with school first thing this morning. Yeah, it was a bit irresponsible, but it was lots of fun
I call that a cool mom move.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
After a long time of feeling really unwell, tired, and hopeless, I had an appointment with a functional medicine practitioner this week, and she was amazing. I am making some changes to heal my adrenal system and manage cortisol and stress levels. I already feel a little bit better, and my hot flashes are decreasing somewhat. But I felt so supported to just have someone listen to and believe me, to care about how all the things (covid, long covid + menopause) have worked together to create a perfect storm. I finally have some hope that things can get better. Other than that, I really love my friends right now--I have such a great group of people around me, and it hasn't always been like that. So I'm grateful.
Oh Ally, covid is no joke when it haunts you long term. And I couldn't wear a turtleneck for several years going through menopause!
Old 11-01-2023, 11:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I guess I'll start with I'm happy to have gotten our new covid shots today. Hoping side effects won't be too bad.

I am thrilled watching my daughter succeed as an adult. In January she will be one year into being an accountant. The senior staff in the office were having a meeting about upcoming work projects and it seems she is the one person from all the new staff this past year that is in high demand. She was passed on a little inside info from a friend in the company. I was so happy to have her stay over on Sunday night - she took another of the (4) CPA exams on Sunday and then came to use my sewing machine to create her cosplay masterpieces. Because she loves cosplay, she has learned how to sew. So dang proud of this girl.

I'm happy to have my hubby. I always worried about how we would do when he retired and actually, there have been no problems. We each do our own thing so that we have the space to be happy apart and together.

There are many things that do actually keep me stressed on a daily basis, but I am happy to be able to stick them in a little box in my head so that I can spend far more time being happy. Like Jo, I am very upset about the war Israel has had to take on and the antisemitism that has grown from bad to worse because of it.

Finally I am happy to see us chatting more regularly here is our forum!
Old 11-02-2023, 07:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you have to deal with antisemitism, Tracey. I wish you didn't have to.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbyj View Post
Good things: I finally am getting the weight loss shot Moun Jaro which I have been fighting for all year. I also have a date to get a breast reduction. I can't wait until Dec 15th when I hope to go down from an H cup to a C or D. Also, my football team FSU is undefeated so far this year and in the playoff rankings.
Some things are looking up in this really crappy year.
So happy for you!!! I hope your surgery goes well and you get the outcome you hope for!
Old 11-02-2023, 11:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so proud of my oldest son! He graduated from high school in May and started a full time job in welding (he had studied it for two years as part of a joint curriculum with the local tech center). He has been working 50-60 hours a week as well as working a few part time shifts at the local sporting goods store (he did archery competitions in HS and helps work on bows there). He told me yesterday he'd gotten a small raise at his part time job and a significant raise at his full time job. The recent UAW strike resulted in a big cancelled order for his shop and there may be some temporary layoffs due to that, and he was also told he won't have to worry about that as he is deemed a core employee. He's been struggling with a lemon of a used vehicle he bought in June and his dad went into a VA home around the same time due to his Parkinson's so I'm so happy for him to have something go his way this fall.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbyj View Post
Good things: I finally am getting the weight loss shot Moun Jaro which I have been fighting for all year.
I take this for diabetes and have trouble getting it because it has become very popular for weight loss. Even my boss is taking "black market" mounajro from China.

It controls my diabetes really well, so I take it when I can get it, lol, but the some of the long term side effects are worrisome. The way it works is to slow digestion so that you feel full longer, but some people have experience stomach paralysis, which sounds terrifying.

This freaks me out, because no lie and kind of gross, (but here it goes,) when I burp I swear I taste the hard boiled egg I ate four months ago. I haven't had one since because I have acid reflex and burp too much to want anything I can still taste after that long. Yeck.

When I get all up in my head as I can do, I just picture this old egg still sitting in my stomach and worry like I did when my grandfather told me I would get worms for biting my nails. You can bet, to this day, I still don't bite my nails. But I will keep taking the mounjuro because it controls my diabetes really, really well, egg taste and all.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 11-02-2023 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I'm so proud of my oldest son! He graduated from high school in May and started a full time job in welding (he had studied it for two years as part of a joint curriculum with the local tech center). He has been working 50-60 hours a week as well as working a few part time shifts at the local sporting goods store (he did archery competitions in HS and helps work on bows there). He told me yesterday he'd gotten a small raise at his part time job and a significant raise at his full time job. The recent UAW strike resulted in a big cancelled order for his shop and there may be some temporary layoffs due to that, and he was also told he won't have to worry about that as he is deemed a core employee. He's been struggling with a lemon of a used vehicle he bought in June and his dad went into a VA home around the same time due to his Parkinson's so I'm so happy for him to have something go his way this fall.
I am happy for your son. He sounds like a hard worker who has earned the good things coming his way. It is hard to watch our parent suffer, so he has my sympathy for that.

As to the lemon of a car, nothing is worse that a car you can't count on. Tell him to get a Subaru next time - they're great cars. That is what I have driven for a long time now. In fact, my son drives my last one and even at 13 years old, it is dependable and has cost him nothing beyond the general upkeep and brakes once. As long as you service them as scheduled, it feels like they will run forever.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

In February I was diagnosed with Cervical cancer. I went through all treatments that were necessary, chemo-radiations-hyperthermy-brachy therapy. Besides that, in this same period I unexpectedly lost all 3 of my dogs.

But...I survived...I am back at work in the field, I have a new rescuedog, and we changed a lot in the house so it is my absolute favorite place to be.

Because I have changed a few things in my life (after being so sick) I have finally time to scrap again, and I am soo enjoying to be back.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm in a community play! This is my second one and my son is an extra in the play as well. I get to play an obnoxious post office customer and it's fun. We're excited to be in it together and perform in December!
Old 11-02-2023, 03:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
So sweet! This makes me so happy! how sweet!
Old 11-02-2023, 03:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirandaB View Post
In February I was diagnosed with Cervical cancer. I went through all treatments that were necessary, chemo-radiations-hyperthermy-brachy therapy. Besides that, in this same period I unexpectedly lost all 3 of my dogs.

But...I survived...I am back at work in the field, I have a new rescuedog, and we changed a lot in the house so it is my absolute favorite place to be.

Because I have changed a few things in my life (after being so sick) I have finally time to scrap again, and I am soo enjoying to be back.
Praying for you fighter!
Old 11-04-2023, 09:14 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I take this for diabetes and have trouble getting it because it has become very popular for weight loss. Even my boss is taking "black market" mounajro from China.

It controls my diabetes really well, so I take it when I can get it, lol, but the some of the long term side effects are worrisome. The way it works is to slow digestion so that you feel full longer, but some people have experience stomach paralysis, which sounds terrifying.

This freaks me out, because no lie and kind of gross, (but here it goes,) when I burp I swear I taste the hard boiled egg I ate four months ago. I haven't had one since because I have acid reflex and burp too much to want anything I can still taste after that long. Yeck.

When I get all up in my head as I can do, I just picture this old egg still sitting in my stomach and worry like I did when my grandfather told me I would get worms for biting my nails. You can bet, to this day, I still don't bite my nails. But I will keep taking the mounjuro because it controls my diabetes really, really well, egg taste and all.
I had to get the generic from a company. I have PCOS with insulin resistance so diabetic meds work well for me and prevent me from getting diabetes. It will balance my hormones so the weight I can't lose from PCOS will start to fall off and I can be healthier.
I am scared of the Acid Reflux as I have it already. I am hoping it will get better with the added weight loss.