Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 02-24-2021, 01:16 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,228
Default Printer recommendation?

This is our second printer and we are never satisfied with it. We don't print very often but when we want to print school forms or just basic text it fails. We just bought a new cartridge maybe a month ago and it's already not working anymore after printing only once or twice with it. It is a very small printer but we don't see buying a fancy one since we only print mostly text/ black ink.

What do you love?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2021, 02:01 PM
stephc777's Avatar
stephc777 stephc777 is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 966
Default

That is super frustrating! We have had HP printers for ages, but I had gotten frustrated with them always losing connection to my laptop and the expensive cartridges. I bought an Epson ET-3750. It wasn't cheap, but I have yet to have to buy any ink for it and have had it over 2 years. Prints color/black & white, fine, scans fine and doesn't give me any trouble. It's been worth the price.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2021, 02:31 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
That is super frustrating! We have had HP printers for ages, but I had gotten frustrated with them always losing connection to my laptop and the expensive cartridges. I bought an Epson ET-3750. It wasn't cheap, but I have yet to have to buy any ink for it and have had it over 2 years. Prints color/black & white, fine, scans fine and doesn't give me any trouble. It's been worth the price.
2 years worth of ink?? How is that possible?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2021, 04:23 PM
NeverendingJen's Avatar
NeverendingJen NeverendingJen is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,760
Default

I have a laser printer. It's a workhorse. I print mostly for quilting so I wanted something that could handle that when I did but it also prints pretty good for scrapping stuff and of course regular documents. Our current one is a brother and I just started getting toner low messages after nearly 4 years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2021, 05:26 PM
stephc777's Avatar
stephc777 stephc777 is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
2 years worth of ink?? How is that possible?
It came with enough ink to fill each reservoir (black, cyan, magenta & yellow) the first time and with a second additional set (just used the 2nd bottle of black because we printed our Christmas letter for 2020 - it was 2 sided - made about 100 copies). Super happy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2021, 01:41 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
It came with enough ink to fill each reservoir (black, cyan, magenta & yellow) the first time and with a second additional set (just used the 2nd bottle of black because we printed our Christmas letter for 2020 - it was 2 sided - made about 100 copies). Super happy!
Wow that's really cool! And I understand now that you can refill them yourself. I thought it was 2 years' worth of ink in their own cartridge. But still! That seems like a good deal!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2021, 01:41 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
I have a laser printer. It's a workhorse. I print mostly for quilting so I wanted something that could handle that when I did but it also prints pretty good for scrapping stuff and of course regular documents. Our current one is a brother and I just started getting toner low messages after nearly 4 years.
That's awesome! I probably don't need something that fancy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2021, 02:24 PM
bienejen's Avatar
bienejen bienejen is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 1,020
Default

I have a Brother laser printer and I love it. It also copies. I've had it about 4-5 years and have only had to buy 1 printer cartridge. The toner cartridge is less than all those colors inkjet cartridges used to be. I don't miss that ink mess at all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2021, 02:56 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I have a Brother laser printer and I love it. It also copies. I've had it about 4-5 years and have only had to buy 1 printer cartridge. The toner cartridge is less than all those colors inkjet cartridges used to be. I don't miss that ink mess at all.
Good to know! I don't even know the difference between toner/cartridge... whatever they are. lol I'll look it up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-25-2021, 03:49 PM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,645
Default

I love HP's Instant Ink program ($1/month for 15 prints, I fluctuate between the $3/mo for 50 and $5/mo for 100, based on how much I think I'll need-- it's easy to switch back and forth). You're also allowed to rollover some of the prints- so if you pay for 15 a month and only print 8, you don't lose the other 7, they'll roll over for the next month. HP sends new ink cartridges when your printer sends them the message that you're running low & sends you a postage-paid envelope to mail back the used cartridges for recycling.
You need an HP Instant Ink compatible printer, I have the OfficeJet 5525, but there are probably cheaper models with fewer features that work.

I love it because I feel free to print whatever, whenever, haha. If my kids want a map or a coloring sheet, or to print a picture to send to a friend, I just let them. Pre-instant-ink, I was so concerned about "wasting ink" that half the time, the ink was dry when I actually decided to print, LOL...so it was wasted anyway.

When I signed up, it was free for the first 2 months and then I used my mom's referral link & I got a 3rd free month. I signed up with the 300 prints per month package and printed 900 pages for free (which was super handy as I had just started teaching preschool, so printed half-a-year's worth of materials), then I bumped my package down to 50/month
If you decide to do Instant Ink, you can use this link for a free month (and I'd get a free month too) but if you don't want to use the link, it's okay... the great things I've said about it are true whether I get an extra free month or not
http://try.hpinstantink.com/sBnlH
__________________

Last edited by knittingbec; 02-25-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-25-2021, 06:10 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I love HP's Instant Ink program ($1/month for 15 prints, I fluctuate between the $3/mo for 50 and $5/mo for 100, based on how much I think I'll need-- it's easy to switch back and forth). You're also allowed to rollover some of the prints- so if you pay for 15 a month and only print 8, you don't lose the other 7, they'll roll over for the next month. HP sends new ink cartridges when your printer sends them the message that you're running low & sends you a postage-paid envelope to mail back the used cartridges for recycling.
You need an HP Instant Ink compatible printer, I have the OfficeJet 5525, but there are probably cheaper models with fewer features that work.

I love it because I feel free to print whatever, whenever, haha. If my kids want a map or a coloring sheet, or to print a picture to send to a friend, I just let them. Pre-instant-ink, I was so concerned about "wasting ink" that half the time, the ink was dry when I actually decided to print, LOL...so it was wasted anyway.

When I signed up, it was free for the first 2 months and then I used my mom's referral link & I got a 3rd free month. I signed up with the 300 prints per month package and printed 900 pages for free (which was super handy as I had just started teaching preschool, so printed half-a-year's worth of materials), then I bumped my package down to 50/month
If you decide to do Instant Ink, you can use this link for a free month (and I'd get a free month too) but if you don't want to use the link, it's okay... the great things I've said about it are true whether I get an extra free month or not
http://try.hpinstantink.com/sBnlH
Thanks Rebecca. Our printer is actually compatible with this program so we could just keep the crappy one we have and use this. I'll talk to my husband and we will see what we decide. Thank you!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-25-2021, 07:05 PM
angels's Avatar
angels angels is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 1,419
Default

I just bought this one ; Canon Pixma TS5352

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-26-2021, 10:17 AM
SunnyLeslie's Avatar
SunnyLeslie SunnyLeslie is offline
Sweetie Pie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 18
Default

I recommend using dry ink printers. If you rarely print, this avoids the ink drying in the printer head (as with liquid ink). Brand to choose from. The most reliable, in my opinion, is Epson.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I love HP's Instant Ink program ($1/month for 15 prints, I fluctuate between the $3/mo for 50 and $5/mo for 100, based on how much I think I'll need-- it's easy to switch back and forth). You're also allowed to rollover some of the prints- so if you pay for 15 a month and only print 8, you don't lose the other 7, they'll roll over for the next month. HP sends new ink cartridges when your printer sends them the message that you're running low & sends you a postage-paid envelope to mail back the used cartridges for recycling.
You need an HP Instant Ink compatible printer, I have the OfficeJet 5525, but there are probably cheaper models with fewer features that work.

I love it because I feel free to print whatever, whenever, haha. If my kids want a map or a coloring sheet, or to print a picture to send to a friend, I just let them. Pre-instant-ink, I was so concerned about "wasting ink" that half the time, the ink was dry when I actually decided to print, LOL...so it was wasted anyway.

When I signed up, it was free for the first 2 months and then I used my mom's referral link & I got a 3rd free month. I signed up with the 300 prints per month package and printed 900 pages for free (which was super handy as I had just started teaching preschool, so printed half-a-year's worth of materials), then I bumped my package down to 50/month
If you decide to do Instant Ink, you can use this link for a free month (and I'd get a free month too) but if you don't want to use the link, it's okay... the great things I've said about it are true whether I get an extra free month or not
http://try.hpinstantink.com/sBnlH
I used your code to sign up. I think it worked but am not sure. Thank you
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative