Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm
Default February 2017 - Bingo FAQ

We are changing things a bit here, starting this month. Hopefully, for the better.

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Bingo challenges, please post here.
We have a wonderful team and community here so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Challenge Bingo system!

Here is this month's card for easy reference:

Happy Scrapping!

Last edited by nietis; 01-28-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:12 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Any questions regarding THIS month's prompts and Bingo in general, can be asked here.
Each month there will be a new FAQ thread to make it easier for you to find answers.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's a good idea! I didn't always know in which thread to post.

I have a question though.
What does 'reflected text' mean?

Old 02-01-2017, 05:32 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
That's a good idea! I didn't always know in which thread to post.

I have a question though.
What does 'reflected text' mean?
Glad that you think that this change is a good idea, too, Sara!

Here is the tutorial post that is related to the 'reflected text' challenge: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...ext-or-photos/
Old 02-01-2017, 09:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh ok, got it! Thank you Sherly! <3

Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Super awesome idea for this monthly Bingo FAQ thread. I was missing this feature. That's a great improvement Thanks!

I have a question about #3 - use a featured designer kit. The designer(s) must be featured during the month of February, is that correct?

And a question about #8 - what exactly is meant by selective coloring?
--
Mama to Albert
Old 02-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post

I have a question about #3 - use a featured designer kit. The designer(s) must be featured during the month of February, is that correct?

And a question about #8 - what exactly is meant by selective coloring?
#3: Use a Featured Designer Kit ... You can use ANY featured designer kit you'd like!

#8 - what exactly is meant by selective coloring?
This is a technique used for altering photographs, and will work/round up some examples for you as soon as I'm home
Old 02-01-2017, 03:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here's a tutorial on how to do it. https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...or-a-bw-photo/
Old 02-02-2017, 04:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, girls! I thought it was that exactly but just had to make sure
--
Mama to Albert
Old 02-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Question for #22: What do you mean by multi tasking?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana View Post
Question for #22: What do you mean by multi tasking?
It's really just meant to be a prompt about how busy our lives often are, usually dealing with more than one task at the same time. You could scrap about busy work days/weeks, your crazy kid/school schedule or even how you juggle/struggle to stay sane between events at both work and home.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What is a Dance Card/Playlist?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
What is a Dance Card/Playlist?
Prompt #7....
Dance Card is an idea from an era long since past. It was a card bearing the names of a woman's prospective partners at a formal dance. In most parts of the U.S., this time of year, there are usually a lot of formal types of dances [Fathers/Daughters Dances, Valentine's Balls, Winter Proms, etc] taking place. So the idea behind the prompt is really just about music... who or what you're currently listening to [what's on your playlist] and perhaps who your dance partner[s] may be

Last edited by lingovise; 02-03-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
Prompt #7....
Dance Card is an idea from an era long since past. It was a card bearing the names of a woman's prospective partners at a formal dance. In most parts of the U.S., this time of year, there are usually a lot of formal types of dances [Fathers/Daughters Dances, Valentine's Balls, Winter Proms, etc] taking place. So the idea behind the prompt is really just about music... who or what you're currently listening to [what's on your playlist] and perhaps who your dance partner[s] may be
I've never been to a dance, nightclub, etc. I don't have any music on my phone. Can I scrap about a song? This one is a strange topic to me, almost like it's something foreign!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've never been to a dance, nightclub, etc. I don't have any music on my phone. Can I scrap about a song? This one is a strange topic to me, almost like it's something foreign!
That would be fine.

Other ideas:
Scrap about favourite songs from your teen years
Songs played at your wedding
What song you walked down the aisle to at your wedding, or did first dance to
Songs your kids dance along to
Certain songs bring back memories of times past. List some songs and what you recall when you hear them on the radio. E.g. One song takes you back to your teen years hanging out at the lake with friends. Another song reminds you of the time you broke up with a boyfriend etc.

Last edited by jacinda; 02-03-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:04 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lol, Wendy... obviously I've probably read far too many Jane Austen novels and must admit to being a bit of a history nut. I think the first time I ever read about Dance Cards was in "Anne of Green Gables" by L. M. Montgomery. Dance cards were very small booklets used by women at formal dances in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Most were decorative and had long strings so women could wear them on their wrists or attach them to their gowns. Dance cards were used to record women's dance partners. You really haven't ever heard the expression "How full is your dance card?" if not, you're making me feel reallyreally old!! Anyhow... for anyone that is unfamiliar with them, this small article on the Syracuse University site is pretty cool and there's actually quite a lot of information about them to be found on the internet. I know... I'm rambling, but this sort of stuff fascinates me [total dork!].

But in answer to your question, Yes! You can simply scrap about anything music related. ♥

ETA : Loads of great ideas from Jacinda!

Last edited by lingovise; 02-04-2017 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am new to this awesome Bingo, and have a few questions:

To post my bingo card, do I resize it myself, then keep changing it as I add layouts to it? Do I host it myself somewhere?

I understand the concept of posting in the gallery, then making my layout small and adding it to the bingo board. Do we post layouts anywhere else in the forum?

Is the "Bingo with the Babes" just for the team to post their layouts?

Last edited by meterr; 02-07-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Hi and welcome to SSD! I do hope you will join the fun of Bingo with us Here is the answers to your questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meterr View Post
I am new to this awesome Bingo, and have a few questions:

To post my bingo card, do I resize it myself, then keep changing it as I add layouts to it? Do I host it myself somewhere?
As you work to tackle each challenge, you put the smaller preview of your layout on the corresponding square of the card. Then, when you finish with your bingo card - be it a blackout or just some patterns you choose - you can either host it on an image hosting site like photobucket or flickr, or you can upload it in the SSD gallery.

I understand the concept of posting in the gallery, then making my layout small and adding it to the bingo board. Do we post layouts anywhere else in the forum?

Is the "Bingo with the Babes" just for the team to post their layouts?
You are welcome to post your challenge layouts on the 'Bingo with the Babes' weekly thread. It's a thread where the SSD sugarbabes (CT) post their layouts to inspire the community on the bingo challenges, as well as the thread for the community to post layouts so that we can leave love on each other's layouts.
I hope my answers are helpful. I cannot wait to see the layouts you scrap!
Old 02-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
That would be fine.

Other ideas:
Scrap about favourite songs from your teen years
Songs played at your wedding
What song you walked down the aisle to at your wedding, or did first dance to
Songs your kids dance along to
Certain songs bring back memories of times past. List some songs and what you recall when you hear them on the radio. E.g. One song takes you back to your teen years hanging out at the lake with friends. Another song reminds you of the time you broke up with a boyfriend etc.
I laugh because if you knew my childhood, I wasn't allowed to listen to music. The first time I really ever started listening to music was after we got married and even then it was only in the car!

We don't dance. None of us have rhythm! I just laugh because music was such a no-no growing up that I have a hard time incorporating it in our family. When my oldest wanted to start listening to music a little over a year ago, that seemed so foreign to me. Why would you want to sit in your room and listen to music doing nothing else? My husband was overseas and on one his phone calls I asked him, "is this something we allow?" Now, who knows what she listens to because she clears it with her father. If she cleared it with me, it'd be a no. I am trying to play the Christian Radio Station back in DC on my computer but I mostly tune it out and it's just "noise" when I'm doing something. I know, I'm strange. If you were ask my husband he'd say I was raised by the Amish!

Thank you for the many ideas!! I'll have to be creative with this one for sure!

Quote:
lol, Wendy... obviously I've probably read far too many Jane Austen novels and must admit to being a bit of a history nut. I think the first time I ever read about Dance Cards was in "Anne of Green Gables" by L. M. Montgomery. Dance cards were very small booklets used by women at formal dances in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Most were decorative and had long strings so women could wear them on their wrists or attach them to their gowns. Dance cards were used to record women's dance partners. You really haven't ever heard the expression "How full is your dance card?" if not, you're making me feel reallyreally old!! Anyhow... for anyone that is unfamiliar with them, this small article on the Syracuse University site is pretty cool and there's actually quite a lot of information about them to be found on the internet. I know... I'm rambling, but this sort of stuff fascinates me [total dork!].

But in answer to your question, Yes! You can simply scrap about anything music related. ♥

ETA : Loads of great ideas from Jacinda!
I never heard of that phrase. I don't know where I'd hear it from either. Although I do find it funny that at one of my daughter's appointments this week, I was watching Kate and Leopold on my ipad (her appointments are an hour long). And I noticed they used the term "Dance Card" I about fell out of my chair laughing! I never noticed it before even though I've seen the movie maybe a dozen times! Now you mention Anne of Green Gables, I wonder if they talked about it in the movies and I never picked up on it!

So in all seriousness, do people still make/do dance cards? Or was this just a 19th, early 20th century thing?

And no, I don't mean to make you feel old. I'm sure I'm older than you. I was just raised in a sheltered childhood and never really branched out from there in to my adult years. I'm off to read the article you linked me up to, since this one is a new word for me!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 02-08-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I laugh because if you knew my childhood, I wasn't allowed to listen to music. The first time I really ever started listening to music was after we got married and even then it was only in the car!

We don't dance. None of us have rhythm! I just laugh because music was such a no-no growing up that I have a hard time incorporating it in our family. When my oldest wanted to start listening to music a little over a year ago, that seemed so foreign to me. Why would you want to sit in your room and listen to music doing nothing else? My husband was overseas and on one his phone calls I asked him, "is this something we allow?" Now, who knows what she listens to because she clears it with her father. If she cleared it with me, it'd be a no. I am trying to play the Christian Radio Station back in DC on my computer but I mostly tune it out and it's just "noise" when I'm doing something. I know, I'm strange. If you were ask my husband he'd say I was raised by the Amish!

Thank you for the many ideas!! I'll have to be creative with this one for sure!
I think you should scrap about what you've just written. Scrap that you DON'T have a playlist or dance card. Scrap the story behind NOT listening to music. It's your story - keep it real - tell it like it is.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a page that I've used a retired kit for, can I still use it in my bingo card? Designer (one of the two who scooped) is still here at SSD.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think you should scrap about what you've just written. Scrap that you DON'T have a playlist or dance card. Scrap the story behind NOT listening to music. It's your story - keep it real - tell it like it is.
I actually was thinking about doing this. If it's really a long lost thing, maybe my kids will enjoy reading about it, mixed with understand why I'm just not a music person.

I do admit to being overwhelmed and emotional in church--the songs, the people's voices...they are just so touching and emotional! If that's what listening to music is like outside of church, it's pretty amazing.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

For "Sun, Moon and/or stars"

We HAVE to use both Sun and moon then stars are optional, or can we do ONLY sun, or ONLY moon and stars?
Old 02-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
I have a page that I've used a retired kit for, can I still use it in my bingo card? Designer (one of the two who scooped) is still here at SSD.
You can use a retired kit from an existing designer, but you cannot use kit from a retired designer
Old 02-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meterr View Post
For "Sun, Moon and/or stars"

We HAVE to use both Sun and moon then stars are optional, or can we do ONLY sun, or ONLY moon and stars?
Our bingo challenge is open to your interpretation. So you can do only sun, only moon, only stars or all the three or just two out of the three. I hope that helps
Old 02-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's really just meant to be a prompt about how busy our lives often are, usually dealing with more than one task at the same time. You could scrap about busy work days/weeks, your crazy kid/school schedule or even how you juggle/struggle to stay sane between events at both work and home.

Thanks Loni!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:05 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

How is heart shapes a paper challenge? It can't be just hearts, it has to be heart shapes cut out of different papers, right? Thanks
Old 02-16-2017, 06:51 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzilah View Post
How is heart shapes a paper challenge? It can't be just hearts, it has to be heart shapes cut out of different papers, right? Thanks
Right. It has to be either heart shapes cut out of different papers or heart-shaped paper elements will also works or you can use a big background paper and 'punch' 10 heart-shaped holes on it.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:24 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Where do I find the featured designers....Allie and Cherie? I looked in the shoppe and didn't find their names, are they under a company name? Sorry, I am new and am not familiar with them!
Old 02-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillam View Post
Where do I find the featured designers....Allie and Cherie? I looked in the shoppe and didn't find their names, are they under a company name? Sorry, I am new and am not familiar with them!
Cherie's kit was released on Feb. 10th & can be found here: Clean Slate

Allie's kit will release on Feb. 24th and there will be a link for it in that weeks newsletter.

Featured Designer kits come out every two weeks and are available for free with every $10 purchase while they're being "featured"

ETA : Cherie designs under the name Dream Big Designs & Allie designs under Lliella Designs

Last edited by lingovise; 02-18-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I got so much done this month! Thank you for the challenge!
I've uploaded my bingo card to the sticky thread and my layouts to the gallery...is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillam View Post
The current featured designer kit can be found under "Limited Time Offers" in the shop. It's the 3rd heading in the shop sidebar.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
The current featured designer kit can be found under "Limited Time Offers" in the shop. It's the 3rd heading in the shop sidebar.
i forgot to note that, Jacinda Thanks so much!
Old 02-21-2017, 09:40 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingPrincessDesigns View Post
I got so much done this month! Thank you for the challenge!
I've uploaded my bingo card to the sticky thread and my layouts to the gallery...is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks!
That's all you need to do!
Old 02-22-2017, 03:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh does the featured designer kit have to be one of the Feb featured designers?

I used an older one but can change it if I need to.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
#3: Use a Featured Designer Kit ... You can use ANY featured designer kit you'd like!
I went through the whole thread and found this so ignore my previous question
Old 02-23-2017, 07:51 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

So, is there a list of featured designer kits? I ask because I am not allowed to shop this month (paying of the credit card, lol) and I honestly can't remember which of my millions of kits are "featured" designer kits. I KNOW I have some though - somewhere.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimisgirl View Post
So, is there a list of featured designer kits? I ask because I am not allowed to shop this month (paying of the credit card, lol) and I honestly can't remember which of my millions of kits are "featured" designer kits. I KNOW I have some though - somewhere.
On the blog, use the search box and enter 'featured designer'. They should all pop up. https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/?s=featured+designer
Old 02-23-2017, 10:44 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
On the blog, use the search box and enter 'featured designer'. They should all pop up. https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/?s=featured+designer
Cool! Thanks!
Old 02-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can someone help me, please, with ideas about the multi-tasking prompt? I think I'm stuck with this one.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 02-28-2017, 12:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
Can someone help me, please, with ideas about the multi-tasking prompt? I think I'm stuck with this one.
How many things do you have on the go at any one time? Do you scrap while watching TV AND checking facebook at the same time?

Maybe scrap about a period in your life where you were super busy at work or at home.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, thanks Jacinda! I think I have an idea
--
Mama to Albert