Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2
Default Do you have matching albums?

I know the topics have come up on what you use for keeping your layouts, and I'm wondering today as I continue to search for the best way to maintain all my layouts and as my sons continue to grow.

My main way of keeping my layouts is one main family album (layouts put in chronological order). I have made some bound books (baby's "firsts", preschool year, family reunion, trip to Mexico etc) so I have a few of those as well, but I'm thinking now that it would be nice to have for example, some pages of my son throughout soccer, or fieldtrips he's had at school etc. I don't know if I would have enough or that I even want 1 bound book per year, so I think an ongoing album would be good.

If you have separate albums, do your albums all "match"? I'd love to see a picture of your albums set up and how you differentiate what to put where.

I hope that makes sense!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have albums that have the slipcovers in them and yes, they all match. Different colors, but the same size & style.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have all the same type of album for all my loose LOs (bound books is something else entirely). Each member of the family has their own color. Carrie- bright pink, Molly-purple, Jon- red, Me-green. And then I will be getting albums for the LOs of all the people we love and the places we go and so forth. In the end, I believe I will have 8 different colors but all the same type (Pioneer 8 x 8 post bound albums). All the layouts are random in the books because I love the randomness, it is so like life.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have mine set up following Stacy Julian's Library of Memories format, so my pages are divided up into four albums: Us, People, Places, Things. They're the American Crafts 8.5x11 cloth albums and they look like this:

Each album is broken down into categories, some which are organized chronologically and some by topic depending on what I thought worked best. You can see a list of my original categories in this post at DST. So in the example you described, I'd have an US: All About (son's name) with categories for sports or school where you could put the soccer or field trip pages since they are specific to him.

I haven't had to do this yet but my plan for when an album starts getting full is to then branch one section off into an album of it's own. So for example, my Things album is the fullest so I'd probably branch off the Everyday Life section into a Things v2, which would be the same album and color but labeled to say it's volume 2 of Things: Everyday Life.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

All my albums matched when I paper scapped and was using Creative Memories...but now that I have gone digital I am still finding my way. I thought I wanted to use post bound albums until I took Cathy Z's Design Your Life Class and I will use the American Crafts Ding albums...mostly because you can mix and match page sizes in them. I don't feel the need to print say photos of my grandpa's dog in a 12x12 size.....when 8x8 will work just fine and be half the printing price. I do however like all my albums to be the same size (12x12) just because it looks better on the shelf and I have adopted the Library of Memories system like Lynnette for everyone to have their own albums....this works exceptionally well since scrapping chronologically is quite boring for me.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically, but I do wait to put them into albums until I have a full year done. I just finished up 2009 and put the last LO into my album this weekend, in fact!

But I don't worry about having matching albums from one year to the next. Really, if I'm going to be scrapbooking for 30 more years, it really doesn't matter...my family certainly won't care!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have mostly Pioneer Albums (8.5x11 Postbound with Snapload), but they're different colors. I do have 1 album in another brand, but it's the same size so it looks uniform on the shelf.