Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Day Shred

I bought it on DVD because I got bored of the gym plus I can't really afford to go every day until after Christmas as it's so expensive.

Who has done the DVD and does it really work? I'm always wary of DVD's like this lol. Is it only a once a day thing or could I do it twice a day, I was going to do it once the kids are at school and once when they are in bed on a night time.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

it's so intense I wouldn't do it more than once a day... unless you're already a super athlete LOL... seriously, it's a 1/2 hour for a reason!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jillian michaels will whip your behind. I've got to go do day 8 as soon as I am motivated enough to get my butt into gear. I really do see results, last time i did the 30 days I didn't change my diet at all during it and lost 7 lbs in the 30 days, plus tightened up considerably. You could do it more than once a day, but I don't know anyone who has the energy to after jillian michaels kills them, lol
Old 11-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmm I think I'll stick to once a day LOL.

I'm feeling motivated so I'm going to do day 1 today (even though I had some chocolate this morning ha)
Old 11-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Meeeegan has had great results from it! I am unmotivated and only did it for about a week, but I really enjoyed it and it really wasn't that bad for me... because I expected worse and that's why? Good luck to you. I can't make myself work out!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE Jillian's program. LOVE. I had a baby 5 months ago and once he was 2 months old, I started 30DS. It was the perfect length that I could do it while my baby was napping. But yeah, I would only do it once a day. It took me 2 months to complete 30 days since we all got sick and I had to go to my grandma's funeral. But after 30 workouts I saw huge changes in my body. I thought I'd have a a droopy, loose tummy forever because I never tightened up after my my first baby, but my tummy is nice and tight now. I have some tone in my arms and legs. I haven't been this physically fit since high school.

I've been a lazy bum the past 2 weeks, but I'll be getting back into it tonight.

Level 1 was not bad at all. I heard it was terrible from others, but I didn't think it was that difficult. It was still a challenge and I could feel the burn, but people had been telling me they couldn't walk the next day. I had some tightness and soreness in my arms the first couple days, but it wasn't terrible.

Level 2 is a serious step up from Level 1. I am still on Level 2. haha! Maybe in a couple weeks I will finally go up to Level 3. Even my hubby (who does a lot of heavy lifting at work) thinks level 2 is difficult and was grunting louder than me. lol

That's the great thing about 30DS... you just move up when you feel ready. You do NOT have to get through all 3 levels in 30 days.

2 weeks postpartum I weighed 155. I started watching what I was eating even before I started working out and was at 146 on Day 1 of 30DS. By Day 30 I had lost another 10 lbs (I only expected to lose 5 lbs.) and was at my wedding day weight. I'm still wider than I was then though since my hips and ribs expanded from pregnancies.

Inches lost by Day 30:
Bust: -1.5"
Band: -0.5"
Waist: -3.5"
Hips: -2"
Arm: -0.5"
Thigh: -2.25"

Most days, I tried to eat between 1300 and 1500 calories. It was hard, but sooooooo so worth it. I hated my body after I had my first baby and I didn't want to feel that way after my second, so I was really determined.... and I desperately wanted to ditch the maternity pants. I hate those things. lol

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah8914 View Post
I can't make myself work out!
This is me. I am so unmotivated despite being annoyed with not being toned. But for the life of me I just can't make myself do it.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do it!! It's only 20 minutes which was a big draw for me. I'd let myself slack off of working out and I'd started to really not like what I was seeing and how I was feeling. I had some of that skinny/fat syndrome going on. It didn't take long at all to start feeling and seeing results. I was not trying to lose weight so my focus was on fitness and inches and it worked. My strength and endurance increased quickly and before the end of Level 3 I'd lost 2" off each of my saddlebags and had visible abs again, a lot less jiggle everywhere. I actually had to increase my calories. It got me back into regular exercise. I'm not an exercise lover but there's no denying that it makes you feel better.

Of course you have to eat well too.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm excited to start it now lol. I didn't have a chance tonight as the kids were on the PS3 in the living room. It'll be easier if I do it when they are at school so I'm going to work it into my morning routine and do it before I do housework after they have gone to school.

I'll have to find my tap measure so I can do measurements before I start tomorrow!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Are you supposed to do this every day, or do you get the same results doing it every other day? I've heard everyone on this board give this workout rave reviews, and I'm interested.

I've got an elliptical machine in our bedroom that my husband insisted we buy while we had the $$ coming in, and of course, the only person who uses it now is my 15 year old cheerleader daughter!

So I'm thinking maybe alternating the elliptica with the DVD?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I know on Jillian's Ripped in 30, she says to do the workout 6 days and 1 rest day.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I bought the DVD about a month ago (or 6 weeks, who's counting!) and it sat on the shelf unopened for all that time. Then my daughter started watching The Biggest Loser on Netflix, from the first season on.

Now she worships Jillian Michaels and is eating more (yay! she wasn't eating enough) AND broke out the 30 Day Shred DVD. Day before yesterday she pulled me off the computer and had me do it with her.

Didn't have too much trouble with the crunches, or the arms. However, two days later, my quads are still KILLING me and it's hard to get up from a sitting position. So I pulled a stretching exercise book I haven't at in years off the shelf and started stretching those thigh muscles. They still hurt like the dickens, but I'll be doing the shred again tonight.

I'll have to either find or buy another set of 5 lb weights, though, cuz we can't find my daughter's set. She's using her dad's ugly metal set. Hers is covered with pink plastic, I think.

Is anyone else still doing the Shred?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm shredding again. About ready to move to level 2 and whimper some more.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I did the 30 day shred at level one for 8 weeks the other levels just scared me and i lost about 25 pounds i was eating about 1300 calories too. I'm thinking im going to start it back up again.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 03-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought it, my daughter and I started it and we got about 10 minutes in to it and I was DONE. I didn't think I was that out of shape but boy, it hurt me. I was sore for days after. Of course, I also came down with a sinus infection so part of my soreness could have been related to being sick and feeling achy in general. I need to get it back out and start again. My tummy is starting to creep back and its bothering me. Since October I've lost 45 pounds and my tummy had gotten so flat (well, flat for a fat person! ) ... now its starting to be pudgy again.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so much better at going to the gym then making myself work out at home. I never seem to get all the way through the 30DS, but am gonna try and start it over tomorrow morning. I don't like working out infront of my husband as he likes to make fun of how silly I look. So I wait till he works. I know no matter how in shape I may think I am, this video kills me. I'm doing it for 5 days a week then resting on the weekend. Hopefully it will help!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did the shred back in 2010. It sure as heck works. The first three days are awful. You can't even sit on the toilet because sitting hurts. But by day 6 or so you start building stamina.

I did almost all 30 days and became quite toned.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing the 30DS 5-6 mornings a week for about 3 weeks now and am about ready to move onto Level 3. I'm a bit scared of Level 3 actually. LOL.

I'm definitely more toned than I was when I started, and my clothes fit much better. I didn't take measurements, so I don't know how many inches I've lost, but on the scales I've lost 3 kg (6.6 pounds). I've been eating much healthier, but not counting calories, and trying not to snack on junky food like I used to. When I want something sweet between meals I have yoghurt or some raw almonds.

I have started doing Zumba once a week in the evenings, and want to make that twice a week if I can find another place to go. I'm also feeling the need to do more that just the 30DS now - like a walk/jog or something. I just need to find the time.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We recently got a membership to the recreation center and they have a gym. I keep telling myself I'll go but then I hate the thought of working out in front of people. I just need to get motivated!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started 30ds a few weeks ago, then my grandfather died and I've been sitting on my butt eating junk for two weeks. I'm starting again tomorrow! I'm bummed that I stopped, I'd just gotten thru the aches of the first few days and was starting to find it a bit easier
Old 03-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm starting this week... Monday. That's my goal. Let's see if I actually do it....
Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Well, I'm all motivated after reading this thread.

I've done it before, but never made it through the entire 30 days before giving up.

Even though I didn't complete 30 days, I did see great results. I'm going to start it again tomorrow! I'm excited to see that so many of you here are doing it already or are starting it, too!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll be restarting this tomorrow. I've been bad lately. My love handles grew back. Lol

Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I found a Workout Book I'd bought two years ago and used only 3 days of before I quit it. :O

It starts on a Monday, and lasts for six months/26 weeks. So, that's my official start-date, too. 30 Day Shred is going to be part of it. And I have to get my flat bike tire repaired so I can go riding. And bike shorts that fit, but don't make me look like a heifer on wheels. Ugh.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love it & its been 5 days... No weigh ins lol

I alternate btwn Zumba & a very similar class to 30 day shred, walking, booty bootcamp •slt• & strength training @ the Y. I am honestly seeing my tummy go down & thats enough for me to keep at. The changes are small but I see it & I have more energy!!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started Level 3 today. It's a lot harder on my knees than the other levels, and I had to take the easier option for a few of the moves. No doubt I'll get stronger as the days go by.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I cannot imagine ever making it to level 3...I'm such a wimp!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, you ladies motivated me to do the 30 Day Shred again. I hate doing the same thing every.single.day so I'm thinking about alternating between the 30 Day Shred, Couch to 5K, and a yoga video. If I do 30 mins of working out every day, I will still be working out 3 1/2 hours more a week then I currently do.

I was motivated to get in shape for my cruise later this month, but I spent seriously half of January and all of February sick where I could barely breath... I guess it's time to get ready for our lake trips this summer.

Plus, I've found that I sleep so much better when I work out.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never even managed to do the full 30 days when I was doing it LOL. I was going to start it again but the DVD isn't in the case and I have NO idea where it is!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

All this talk about the 30DS...I went and bought it last night. I did it this morning!!! It is the perfect length to do it right after I drop one kid off at school and before I need to drop the other one off at preschool!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So what size weights do you guys use? I don't have any but figured I should probably get some for the full effect.... 2, 3, or 5lbs?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah8914 View Post
So what size weights do you guys use? I don't have any but figured I should probably get some for the full effect.... 2, 3, or 5lbs?
I use 3 lbs.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

We have 5 pound weights. Seems like a good weight to start at. And if you have young children you haul around on your hip, pick up, etc constantly it's not that bad!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I only have 5 and 10 and am thinking about getting some 3 lb ones too...I have a bum rotator cuff so the 5 was pushing it on my left shoulder.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After reading this thread I'm going to go find my 30DS dvd...I know it's somewhere in the house I've never went past 2 weeks but I need to do something so after work I'm going on a scavenger hunt to find it
Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I started this week, and finished day 3 and can hardly move. LOL I am really hoping to stick with it. Surely it will work if you stay with it!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I love the 30 ds. I haven't done it in awhile, but I really need to get back on it! I thought that level three was not as hard as level 2 for some reason. Maybe because it was easier on the cardio and that's the hard part for me!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't tried it...but reading about it I'm curious! Perhaps after I move I can check it out. What I really want to do is start running...
Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Okay, it's May 5 today, a month past the last post on this thread.

How is everyone doing with the 30 Day Shred?

Looking over my exercise book--I write down as much as I can about what I do for exercise-I noticed that I seem to do it three a times a week, along with 30 minutes of elliptical right afterward. I haven't lost any weight, though, but gained about a pound of muscle! My thighs don't kill me anymore. I do have to work on flexibility, which is why I pulled out my 10 Minutes Pilates DVD, too. I do the stretches after Jillian's video. I really need to increase the number of times I do the Shred to at least 5 times a week. I get soooo tired, though.

How are you all doing on it?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i just started 30DS this week! i was feeling great that day but then woke up sooooo sore! i'm looking forward to keep doing it. my daughter loved attempting to do it too
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So I did it 5 days a week for 3 weeks and then had some things come up and now we have company this week. I did move up to level 2 after the first 2 weeks because I felt I could use a little more and I actually REALLY like it! But, I need to get going again. I haven't been able to tell a difference, but I only did half of the 30 days anyway... and I really think I need the push of level 2 for my body to change.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've finally started. Yesterday was my first time after a long break! I'm feeling it in my arms and legs already!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB146 View Post
Okay, it's May 5 today, a month past the last post on this thread.

How is everyone doing with the 30 Day Shred?

Looking over my exercise book--I write down as much as I can about what I do for exercise-I noticed that I seem to do it three a times a week, along with 30 minutes of elliptical right afterward. I haven't lost any weight, though, but gained about a pound of muscle! My thighs don't kill me anymore. I do have to work on flexibility, which is why I pulled out my 10 Minutes Pilates DVD, too. I do the stretches after Jillian's video. I really need to increase the number of times I do the Shred to at least 5 times a week. I get soooo tired, though.

How are you all doing on it?
I had started it and then had surgery and couldn't do it for a few weeks...I need to dust it off again and get busy!!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

BTW, I couldn't find my weights and I didn't want that to be my excuse of putting it off. So I used the canned food for my weights. I better find the weights tonight though! lol
Old 04-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i did it this morning! i couldn't find my weights either but i figured i'd still do the moves...that's better than nothing. i need to find them asap.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

By the way---for those who have a bum knee or a leg injury? There ARE modifications you can do for the jumping jacks where you don't have to hurt yourself. You can move one side at a time, OR do what I sometimes is jog gently in place so I don't hurt my knee or do extra low lunges to keep my heartrate up. OR do more punches. The main goal is to keep you heartate up.