Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to RealRach
Default Skinny Jeans 3 Ends TODAY!

FYI...for the 5 or so that are left...bwahahaha...today is the last day!
I lost 15 pounds. I'll take it! And get ready for ROUND 4!!! We all decided to keep going. Yes, all 5 of us but hey, we'll let others play along too!

Congrats to Kristin (smallMoments) she's kicked all of our booties this round. YOU ROCKED IT GIRLFRIEND!!! Way to go! Nearly 40 pounds gone!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

congrats, kristin!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel so bad for dropping out. I just started a new job that has kicked my butt! ... so the timing was just off for me. I'm so proud of all of the ladies that stuck with it and lost weight!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealRach View Post
FYI...for the 5 or so that are left...bwahahaha...today is the last day!
I lost 15 pounds. I'll take it! And get ready for ROUND 4!!! We all decided to keep going. Yes, all 5 of us but hey, we'll let others play along too!

Congrats to Kristin (smallMoments) she's kicked all of our booties this round. YOU ROCKED IT GIRLFRIEND!!! Way to go! Nearly 40 pounds gone!
I flunked out pretty early ... I was so disappointed in myself ... it's so easy to do but I guess I had so much on my mind I just didn't remember the posting on Sunday ... and then went totally off of my diet ...

I'll watch for the next round ... if I don't do something SOON ... I won't be able to fit into my summer clothes!!! Please let me know when you start it up again ... after our trip to Dallas ... I can do it!

Kristin that is FANTASTIC!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate that I dropped it too - it was the weekly pictures that I let become a problem. I've GOT to do something though!

Way to go Kristin!!!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Way to go ladies! I flunked out of round 1. Life was just insane at that point, but I'm ready for the next round whenever it's on.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

That's awesome! I totally flunked out this past round but would love to jump back in for round 4. I am so bad with my water and being on the challenge round 2 and a bit of round 3 totally makes me more accountable.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I flunked out first round too... life has just been too crazy... but I may have to join you all for this next round... I don't even have the forum bookmarked or anything so I'd need all the info again, lol.

Congrats Kristin! You know I'm so stinkin' proud of you girl!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll be in on round 4!

I just joined WW last night and am ready to change my life. Bring it on!

P.S. Rach, you are a gem for doing this for everyone!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 04-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

I would love to join round 4. My baby is now 5 months, and I am ready to lose the leftover 20 pounds, that I have left to lose.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

wtg Kristin!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

You gals are AWESOME! I will jump on shortly!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Is it still possible to join for round 4??? I need to lose about 12 pounds... I could really use some friendly support.
btw, congrats to the girls on round 3, you all rock.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would like to be included in #4... this time I am SERIOUS and I'm actually working really hard to get my weight down. I see the pictures being a problem, as I'm going to be away for 2 weeks, but I'd still like to participate!

Huge fan of:

Old 04-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Kristin!! That's awesome!!

I dropped out after my first post. I was on vacation, couldn't upload pics, etc...so I just said heck with it.

But...I did start something the first of the year, and I've lost 15 pounds, so I'm pretty excited about that. Most of my jeans are now too big and I had to take work pants in to have the waist taken in so they don't fall down! LOL! I need to lose another 30 or so. It's slow going, but I'm in for the long haul! I just can't ever go back!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to join, too. The pictures might be difficult, but I am willing to make the effort, because I really do want to make a change!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wtg! I would like to join in for round 4, I've been doing it on my own since november and am ready to commit to a group thing!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

If I can get a scale before the next round, I'd like to try. But I'm skerd.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm a newbie to the mb, and would love to be included. I just recently joined a gym, and have been going in at least twice a week. My job keeps me pretty much tied to a desk, so any help I can get is appreciated.

Portfolios:
May June

Proud to be a Creative Team member for SusDesigns
Old 04-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in next round- I was doing so good but then life got crazy and I literally forgot to check in until Monday night- too late! Today I'm home sick- REALLY sick- so I may be losing weight as we speak- ugh! I lost 10 lbs. this time around which I was very happy with. Congrats Kristin!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i'm in...where can i find the details?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love to join.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats, Kristin.

I'd love to join round 4, but I have MAJOR issues with taking photos of myself and seeing myself in photos, which is why I only have about 5-6 of them, and even then they are face shots only.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I hate that I dropped it too - it was the weekly pictures that I let become a problem
Me too. I have a hard time getting the pictures done every week. I'd love to do another round but maybe we could just do photos once/month or something?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

woohoo! congrats to all who stuck with it!! i can't believe the time has already passed ... i didn't even make week #1 !!

i'm another one who has a lot of probs with the pics ... but i know i SHOULD just suck it up and do it!!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 04-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I asked my mom to help me with the photos and be my photographer. I'm hoping that it will help me make sure to actually do it.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love it if it was once a month photos! Once a week just got to be too much... with the taking them, editting them (fixing bad color - not making myself skinnier, hahaha), putting them in the template, adding my info... it would take me 30 - 45 minutes every time. And Sunday's are not a day I have that time to spare (neither were Saturdays).

I wasn't able to keep up with the photo taking and got discouraged when I was "disqualified" from the prize. I KNOW I shouldn't have given up... that I should be losing weight for ME, but the prize was a big motivator on bad days, you know?

BUT like I said, I really want to go for it again! I love Skinny Jeans - I've been in every one since Lena started the first one way back when... I'm slightly addicted!

Huge fan of:

Old 04-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to RealRach

I'd be open to monthly photos but my thinking is I would forget if it was monthly. I knew I had to do it every sunday and that was just part of my life. I am still going to keep it up my pictures. It's so amazing to look back and finally SEE the difference.

And it's a way to hold you accountable for your actions too. I don't know that I would be as driven if we didn't do pics or have weekly weigh ins. I'd think...well, since I don't have to weigh in this week...I'll have this chocolate and deal with it next time. I love the accountability I had/have with weekly weigh ins.

My thoughts are this...we (the SJ3 participants) have decided to do away with the prizes this round anyways as it was NOT a huge motivator for anyone. But I don't know that I am willing to drop the weekly weigh ins. We could certainly just let those who do don't want do to the pics have their own section. (I just don't it's fair for everyone to have access to our pics if you aren't doing them yourselves) It's hard enough to post them without knowing that EVERYONE will see them if that's not what you want. We have also talked about doing a $5 entry fee (pool) for each entry and that could be part of the final prize?? I just don't know how that would work. Any thoughts?

Please keep posting your thoughts on this matter and I will give it some thought and let you all know about SJ4. Let me get through this week (spring break) and then I will go about getting the final info to all who want to play. But I will for sure do around 4! I still have the forum open so we can just keep using that one. It will just say SJ3 but we will all know it's 4! LOL
Old 04-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My thoughts are as follows. Please consider I have never participated in SJ, that I just WANT the companionship and accountability.

That said, here's how I feel:

-First off, at first I went "$5? Seriously? I can't do that!" THEN, I thought "Wait a second. Anything I'd be joining would cost me money ANYWAY, and I really do NEED this accountability. So I'll not buy one lip gloss I considered buying. Then I could afford it." So really, I don't think that's asking too much :P As a bargain hunter, my first thought was OMG, and then when I thought about it, that's really nothing :P

-Second, I like the idea of weekly photos. I will not be accountable if I have to do monthly photos. I just won't. I hate seeing my large body in photos, so I'd much rather have to do it weekly to say "Hey, lady, get off the couch and go for a walk." Because otherwise, I would sit at home and not do it. That's why I want weekly photos.

That's my thoughts.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rachel - I like the photo idea... I just couldn't keep up, lol. And I did enjoy the weekly weigh-in. I would still post weekly as often as I can. But if it isn't a absolute-must-or-you-are-kicked-out (I know we weren't really kicked out - you know what I mean though?) type thing, it would really take some of the pressure off, you know? Like one weekend DH and I went away, and I was stressed the whole Sunday thinking "I have to get my pictures taken!!!" and was upset that we didn't get home until 11 pm and it was past the deadline. So that was just not working. That's when I quit, lol.

If you go ahead with SJ4, I would definitely post my start weight & pictures, and then just post new pictures as often as I can. Checking in with a weight was easy peasy, and took all of 2 minutes.

I don't really like the idea of having 2 seperate check-in's for photo-takers & non photo-takers. It makes more work for you (or whoever will host)! Even if there are some not comfortable at the idea of taking photos to post, they might be more willing when they see that others are in the same boat, you know? If that part is blocked off to them, I think it would be taking away from the true Skinny Jeans experience! I know that I love looking at others pictures and seeing their progress - it's really motivating!

Huge fan of:

Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind posting pictures, or even really taking them weekly, it was the posting them on that got kind of crazy. If we could post 4 at a time once a month that might be easier for some of us?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I'm game for anything next round... no prizes, prizes, $5, whatever. I NEED this accountability!!

And I need the weekly pictures. It was so nice, when I got discouraged that I only lost a pound or less one week, to go back and look at the prior weeks. Ya know?

Also, if there aren't prizes, though, then obviously you won't be disqualified for not posting pics. LOL
Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Oh and thanks everyone! I am just now seeing this... otherwise i wouldn't have started a new thread! LOL I was out of state until tonight.