Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-02-2011, 05:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life

Anyone doing this in 2012?
I am in LOVE with Ali Edwards, and her posts have made me want to do project life.

I have a few questions…
1. Do you do it? And do you keep up?
2. Do you have a Core Kit from Becky Higgins or are you using a digi kit that is focused on P365/ P52 or are you doing it on your own with elements and papers and such? Digi, hybrid, or traditional paper?

I am trying to decide the best and easiest route for me. I don't want to totally fail at yet another attempt of an album like this.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hi! I am all set for 2012. I bought my album, and a bunch of sheets in different configurations. Jessica Sprague has the digi kits to go with them. I am also going to make some cards using SSD kits in 4x6 and the 3x4" to stock up on to use throughout the year. And, print out my favorite kits that I already know I will use in 4x6 or make bordered pages for journaling and titled pages. They print out nicely on thick cardstock. I like the texture if I am going to actually write on the pages.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it! I'll be buying the kit from amazon if I don't get it for christmas
Old 12-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

My mom/Santa is getting me PL in Clementine for Christmas this year. I'm also going to get some coordinating digi stuff that they have out now. This will be the first year I try it and I'm SO excited. Going to use it to kind of document Swerbaby's first year. I'll likely do it mostly traditional, but add in extra hybrid layouts and bits and pieces and stuff.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so happy it's in digi form! I'm planning on making my own version (culling together page protectors and an album) and will use a PL approach to documenting our big US trip last 2009 because I saved SO much ephemera from it!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My plan is to use the core kit and protectors to supplement what I am already doing digitally. I'm pretty good at keeping current with my digital layouts, but there are always pictures I want to include but don't feel motivated to scrap. I also like to have a monthly layout but seems like I do them out of obligation and don't really enjoy working on them. So, I thought I would use PL to include those types of pictures and any others I don't have in digital form. I normally print my layouts and put them in a post bound/strap album, so I am trying a binder instead. I'm excited about changing things up a little and hoping I get the core kit and album for xmas!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I love Becky's Project Life! I've been doing it daily since my kiddos were born in early August. I love being able to add memorabilia (like well baby check up forms, clothing tags etc) that I know would just be tossed into a box and never seen again. Also, being a mother of twins, I really don't have a lot of time to scrapbook. I haven't felt behind in my scrapbooking at all these past few months. I recommend project life to everyone I meet!

I use the turquoise core kit with the design a page protectors. I also include stuff in 8.5x11 page protectors and I also laminate (make sure you use acid free sheets!) stuff and 3 hole punch it and put it in my albums for odd sized items. I also started a weight loss album last week. I'm going to buy the clementine kit that will be coming out next week (hopefully!) I plan on doing more hybrid with SSD kits for that album. When my boys turn a year old I want to do a album for each of them, then I want to do a family album digitally, but we'll see how much time I actually have! you MUST do project life! I promise you will regret not doing it! (I regret not starting it while I was pregnant!)

Mom to twin boys since 8-5-2011

Proud Air Force wife!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I so want to commit to doing this for 2012,,, afraid of failing though!!

HOLLY
Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 PM

profile gallery send pm

Life is too short to worry about "failing" at a hobby. If you want to do it, do it. Some would say if you never start something you want to do, you're already failing.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do you do it? Yes, I started the last week of September
And do you keep up? I'm behind, but I have all the pics and the stuff I need I just have to organize and print.
2. Do you have a Core Kit from Becky Higgins or are you using a digi kit that is focused on P365/ P52 or are you doing it on your own with elements and papers and such? Digi, hybrid, or traditional paper?

I use a We R Memory Makers album (black leather), Becky Higgins A page protectors. I mostly make my inserts that are decorative with digital supplies and then print on paper and cut. I do the weekly date in the upper left like Ali Edwards does - I just pick a kit for the week and use that for everything. Sometimes I label my pics and add writing on them and sometimes not. I try to use as many pics as possible and then use a folding file organizer to keep my receipts and other stuff from each week. I just put a piece of paper in with the week dates and then slip everything I might possibly use from that week into the same section. Then when I do sit down I have what I need.

Before we started camping/traveling every weekend I would just sit down on Sunday morning and organize what I needed to print for the week before. I have a digital template I made that makes it easy to crop the pics and other add ins. It took me an hour tops a week to put it all together.

I found using a journal or little notebook to record what happens or things I don't want to forget. Then I slip the paper into the file folder organizer thing so I have it when I am ready to create. I'm loving the proces and actually feel like I'm documenting life. The kids already know I want every receipt and that I take pics of just about everything in a week. Slow pic weeks get more digitaly designed inserts like our schedule for the week, books we are reading, documenting a conversation or something funny someone said, shopping lists, cute stories...etc.

Once you get your own method I think you are going to love Project Life! I hope the SSD designers will be offering lots of great kits with fun elements to use for next year.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydolly70 View Post
I so want to commit to doing this for 2012,,, afraid of failing though!!

HOLLY
Holly - You can't fail, because this project is easy enough to do one week a month or whatever you want. If you fall behind then just let that go and pick it up again. It's what you want it to be...not what anyone else thinks it should be. Make your own scrapbook rules - if you aren't getting paid to scrap it then by golly..do it your way!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am loving everyone's input! I have to admit that I did buy a bunch of page protectors and goodies, so I guess I am jumping in. Now to decide to use my digi goodies and print my own stuff, or buy a core kit.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

just a question: is it different than P365/P52?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it digi with a mix of stuff..I'd get soo bored only using one kit! LOL! I'm planning on doing the journal cards/journaling on the computer and putting them all up on a 12x12 sheet for printing and then just slicing them when I get them. Pretty sure i'll be using darcy's newest font for the journaling on them (swoon!) I hate my printing so I think that would be a big turn off for me if i were to do them non-digital

I'm not doing it as a "picture a day" or anything just our life basically

ashely, project life is basically "photo sleeve scrapbooking" little journal cards and photos all placed in a fun/new way in photo protectors/sleeves
Old 12-03-2011, 01:04 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I'm just wondering how you all fit this in with your regular scrapping. I just get overwhelmed with all the great ideas that everyone has for preserving memories. Everything seems like a fabulous idea, but I really can't do it all, and some of it would be redundant with what I already do in my scrapping. I AM going to do P365 this year, and I'm planning on using Traci's slip ins and Jenn/Kristin's awesome Everyday Storytelling collection. That seems a lot like this Project Life stuff. Are there some of you doing both P365 and Project Life?

End Ramblings.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
ashely, project life is basically "photo sleeve scrapbooking" little journal cards and photos all placed in a fun/new way in photo protectors/sleeves
ohhhh okay. (: thanks for the clarification, kristin

Old 12-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
I'm just wondering how you all fit this in with your regular scrapping. I just get overwhelmed with all the great ideas that everyone has for preserving memories. Everything seems like a fabulous idea, but I really can't do it all, and some of it would be redundant with what I already do in my scrapping. I AM going to do P365 this year, and I'm planning on using Traci's slip ins and Jenn/Kristin's awesome Everyday Storytelling collection. That seems a lot like this Project Life stuff. Are there some of you doing both P365 and Project Life?

End Ramblings.
I can't imagine doing both P365 and Project Life but I tend to think they're pretty much the same idea. Project Life is just one evolution of the concepts behind P365: capturing everyday moments and memories.

Probably the biggest difference for digi scrapbookers is if you go with the Project Life kit, its all off the computer - you're printing photos, journaling, memorabilia and including them in actual physical pockets. I love that aspect of Project Life but not all digi scrappers do so it might depend on your personal style which one is right for you. If you've already got a plan, I say go with it!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did project life for all of 2011 and I love it. It's the first time I've been able to keep up with preserving photos and memorabilia in "real time." I like both new kits but neither of them really work for the colors that my kids tend to wear right now, so I'm actually going to make my own PL cards for 2012 -- I bought one of those color coordinating paper packs and I'm going to cut a bunch of cards in advance to use in the PL page protectors.

As for how it fits with other scrapbooking or with P365, I'd say you could certainly use this for p365 (I think that was sort of the original idea for PL), but I certainly don't do a picture a day. I do one 2-page spread a week, but sometimes it's just pictures from one or two events or sometimes hardly any pictures at all. I do still do some regular scrapbooking (for special events or if I have lots of photos of an event) and just add the pages into my PL album.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julifish View Post
Holly - You can't fail, because this project is easy enough to do one week a month or whatever you want. If you fall behind then just let that go and pick it up again. It's what you want it to be...not what anyone else thinks it should be. Make your own scrapbook rules - if you aren't getting paid to scrap it then by golly..do it your way!
True enough!! I shall do it - starting Jan 1!!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just stumbled on this Project Life post and thought it might be helpful: http://gluestickgirl.typepad.com/mom...rk-for-me.html
Old 12-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I ordered the core kit, dividers and a WRMK binder (black) - it is hard for me to print papers from digital but easy to print pictures. My goal for using this is to finally get my pre-digital pictures (1st yr of my son) and our Disney album together!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My goal for using this is to finally get my pre-digital pictures (1st yr of my son) and our Disney album together!
Yes, I just ordered a PL kit to do 2005. I've had a drawer full of photos sitting in my office since, well, since 2005.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:10 AM

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for posting that Lynnette. There were some good ideas in there. I'm starting to see that the plans I have for my P365 this coming year are almost the same thing as Project Life. I am sooo not a paper/scissors/glue girl. Hybrid projects scare me. So, I'm planning on doing everything digitally. That does present a problem when I have ephemera that I want to keep and have as part of my albums. But, I guess I can get in a better habit of scanning some of those things. I will be excited to see what some of you other girls do with your Project Life. I'm going to try to get a few pages put together with some journaling cards, patterned paper etc., so that they are ready to go before the New Year.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

well, i started it for 2011 and stalled out in march. we moved, and i just never really got back into it after that. now the thought of "catching" up with that seems daunting.

i WILL try again in 2012. i'm thinking i'll grab the clementine core kit and just kind of go from there. i think the most important thing for me will be having the album accessible and ready so i can stick the random memorabilia in its place right away. that's the stuff that seems to pile up and get me all bottlenecked. hoping for a better year of this in '12. and who knows? maybe i'll get 2011 finished yet.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am starting Becky Higgins Project Life in 2012 for the first time. I bought scrapbook protectors (the combo pack) and the Clementine binder. When the Clementine Core Kit comes out, I will be buying that. I am not sure yet if I am going to do any digital with it. I am sure I will work in some hybrid.

I am nervous about whether or not I will keep up but, I am going to give it my best shot! I am super excited about it.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 12-05-2011, 05:25 PM

profile gallery send pm

Clementine and the other new design should be coming to amazon this week! YAY!! I'm so excited!! I'm getting the clementine core kit + scrapbook papers + binder + variety pack of page protectors (I think they're still in stock). I can't wait.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
Yes, I just ordered a PL kit to do 2005. I've had a drawer full of photos sitting in my office since, well, since 2005.
Yes! I figured it would be easier and faster if I just slip them all in plus all the baby related stuff (cards, birth tags, footprints) in larger screen protectors than SCAN them all AND scrap )
Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I'm so excited! My in-laws are getting me Project Life for Christmas (I actually went on Amazon and ordered it for myself at their house since they are online ordering challenged).

I'm a little nervous since I've done P365 digital for the past three years, but I really want to try something new now. I got the Turquoise binder, core kit and a variety of the page protectors.

Let's hope I can keep up with it.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:30 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I'm so excited! My in-laws are getting me Project Life for Christmas (I actually went on Amazon and ordered it for myself at their house since they are online ordering challenged).

I'm a little nervous since I've done P365 digital for the past three years, but I really want to try something new now. I got the Turquoise binder, core kit and a variety of the page protectors.

Let's hope I can keep up with it.
Yaaaay!! Congrats hon!! You've been doing P365 anyway, this shouldn't be that much different. Think of how cool it'll be to have someplace to put some of the awesome stuff that you and LJ make together and whatnot

I ordered my clementine core kit, paper, and a bunch of other page protectors on wednesday and they should be here TODAY! I love Prime. I'm so excited! My mom had already ordered the binder and the BIG pack of style A protectors and she's mailing them down today or tomorrow. I just didn't want to miss getting a new edition core kit by waiting and going back and forth with her about what I wanted, lol. So I kind of bought my own Christmas present, but I am STOKED!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

ugh stupid amazon! they wont ship project life stuff to Australia! Apparently they can send pretty much anything else but not that. Go figure.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:30 AM

profile gallery send pm

Lani, do you think the New Zealand site would ship to you? I know there are international affiliates for PL and I'm pretty sure one of them is based in NZ. Maybe try there?
Old 12-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

You can order for australia with this site: http://crafthouse.co.nz/store/index....ndex&cPath=1_2
Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just took a quick glance at both sites ... shudder ... this took me back to my paper scrapping days ... which I do not want to go back to (thinking of when I had a whole ROOM dedicated).

The amount of paper and STUFF would overwhelm me and I would not get it done ... I've been trying to sell off all that stuff in the basement that doesn't get used.

Is there a 100% digital version ... SIMPLIFIED ?? ... because that is what it would take to get me involved ... I like the idea ... but I have actual layouts I would like to be doing all year ... the concept is cool ... but I know it wouldn't happen with me. The paper monster is NOT my friend. I get overwhelmed with too much stuff to mess with.

Don't get me wrong ... I really like the idea ... just need a simplified digital version for it (it would be ok to slip in "real stuff" like award certificates ... but most would probably get scanned in.

Any suggestions on this?
Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sharon, there is a digital version through Jessica Sprague! Becky Higgins has a link to the digital stuff on her blog.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:37 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Kay View Post
I just took a quick glance at both sites ... shudder ... this took me back to my paper scrapping days ... which I do not want to go back to (thinking of when I had a whole ROOM dedicated).

The amount of paper and STUFF would overwhelm me and I would not get it done ... I've been trying to sell off all that stuff in the basement that doesn't get used.

Is there a 100% digital version ... SIMPLIFIED ?? ... because that is what it would take to get me involved ... I like the idea ... but I have actual layouts I would like to be doing all year ... the concept is cool ... but I know it wouldn't happen with me. The paper monster is NOT my friend. I get overwhelmed with too much stuff to mess with.

Don't get me wrong ... I really like the idea ... just need a simplified digital version for it (it would be ok to slip in "real stuff" like award certificates ... but most would probably get scanned in.

Any suggestions on this?
Sharon, I'm going to use Traci's Slip Ins and KCB/Jenn's Everyday Storytelling Collection to do something similar. I feel the exact same way about moving back toward paper scrapping. I just don't wanna do it. I'm digital all the way these days, and I don't want to go back to collecting paper supplies.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm hoping to have journal templates in the store this coming week to help with this type of project also! That way people can mix and match any digi papers etc to make it really customizable
Old 12-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

To Sharon and Lydia...I am totally the same way. I used to paper scrapbook, but then when I found digitial it's like my whole world opened up. Plus I believe I put out better pages digitally... so like you the paper I love the feel of bumps etc...but I just can't do paper layouts like I can digitally..

Do you guys print yours or do you just get the book made at the end of the year?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
You can order for australia with this site: http://crafthouse.co.nz/store/index....ndex&cPath=1_2
Yeah it's double the price tho. That happens so often with scrapbook (and other)stuff. Drives me nuts that I could buy an album for $19+$5 postage from amazon but the manufacturer blocks it so we have to buy from Australian or NZ stockits who charge up to $70+postage for the same album.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm just going to buy the page protectors. I was going to get some of the blank journalling cards as well, but now I'll get Kristins templatesI just want something I can slip ordinary photos into, with a few words of journalling. There's noway I'd ever be able to scrap all my photos (slow scrapper) so there are holes in my albums. I'm hoping this will just fill in the holes. I definitely don't want any paper supplies hanging around my house.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi_girl View Post
Yeah it's double the price tho. That happens so often with scrapbook (and other)stuff. Drives me nuts that I could buy an album for $19+$5 postage from amazon but the manufacturer blocks it so we have to buy from Australian or NZ stockits who charge up to $70+postage for the same album.
Perhaps one of your friends from the states could order it and send to you? The album I mean. You can digitally order the paper from the kits and then just print them as you need them perhaps?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliem888 View Post
To Sharon and Lydia...I am totally the same way. I used to paper scrapbook, but then when I found digitial it's like my whole world opened up. Plus I believe I put out better pages digitally... so like you the paper I love the feel of bumps etc...but I just can't do paper layouts like I can digitally..

Do you guys print yours or do you just get the book made at the end of the year?
Definitely I feel the same way!!! I print out all my layouts and put into traditional scrapbooks ... because I don't scrap in order! 8-)
Old 12-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
Sharon, I'm going to use Traci's Slip Ins and KCB/Jenn's Everyday Storytelling Collection to do something similar. I feel the exact same way about moving back toward paper scrapping. I just don't wanna do it. I'm digital all the way these days, and I don't want to go back to collecting paper supplies.
This is a GREAT idea. I think I'm doing this on a smaller scale- like week in review or monthly pages. I bought project 365 two or three years ago from Becky Higgins and did about 3 weeks before getting overwhelmed with the "stuff"-- I do much better with digital! I looked at becky higgins site and found a pre-made photo book and thought- that's great since I hadn't planned on the full project life- but then I saw it STARTS at $100 and changed my mind.

I never paper scrapped so it's overwhelming to me...digital is my way too!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

I also ordered the Clementine kit and hope to do this project this year. I want to keep it very low pressure....and will probably just do a week each month. I just need to really focus on documenting the year and not making it overwhelming. I will also be using digi supplies in additional to the kit.