Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-08-2018, 02:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default The End of A Project

Does anyone else find that finishing a project takes almost as much time as the rest of the project put together?

We live in the Philippines, so whenever we go back to the States or grandparents come, I make an album of layouts for the event. So when I get to the end (I mean, the last few pages I need to complete the album, not necessarily the last pages in the album), I get so stuck.

I always make the pages that have good pictures or match a new kit at the beginning, so by the time I'm ready to finish up the album, all I have left are the pages that aren't fun to make, in this instance Christmas morning pictures where I used my phone camera because my SIL had her big girl camera out and I thought I'd just get the pictures from her but now she can't find them and all I have are my crappy iphone pics. I know I could just skip it, but I would really hate not to represent Christmas with my family in the album, even if I only have terrible pictures.

And even once I get done with that, I still have to make a cover and a title page. It just seems like a lot of work, and I hate it when scrapping stops being fun and feels like a chore...though I always love it when I have my layouts in my hands!

Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Yes, but I learned a long time ago that my kids and family don't care if it's magazine worhy or not, they just love the pictures so I do unembellished project life type pages in between the pretty pages just to get them in the album and done. I do use a matching background paper but that's it

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 04-08-2018, 09:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I also save the cover til the end and that seems to take forever too!
Old 04-08-2018, 12:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOL! Kellie, you are WAAAAAY ahead of my by even getting close to the end of a project

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballance View Post
Yes, but I learned a long time ago that my kids and family don't care if it's magazine worhy or not, they just love the pictures so I do unembellished project life type pages in between the pretty pages just to get them in the album and done. I do use a matching background paper but that's it
This is my plan...I'm going to go back and do more simple pages with the same kits that I did the "pretty pages" with, so that I get more of the photos in, but they don't take forever to complete.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really have that problem, I just find I want to scrap it all and never say "enough is enough". I can currently print three albums for my kiddos (it includes 2-3 of the kids), but I just can't commit to doing it! That has been my new years resolution, getting them printed. It's already April and well....I haven't done anything towards getting them printed.

At least you print.

One thing I found is that it doesn't matter what the pages look like. The children love going through the printed albums. They never critique the layout saying "I wish you scrapped it this way". They just love the layouts in their hands!
Old 04-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

In all my years of scrapbooking.. I think i've only actually finished a scrap project ONCE and that was a very long time ago
Old 04-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's the pages in the middle that are hardest for me. By the time I get to the last few, I'm so excited to finish that I can plod through the pages where the photos aren't great or there are no good stories. Of course the first few pages are easy--like you said, you use your best photos and best stories for those. But those middle ones...that's usually where I stall on long projects.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes ugh this is me every time I’m almost done scrapping an entire year. The last few pages worth of pics are ones I find no inspiration with and it’s like pulling teeth getting them done!