Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-01-2017, 06:36 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default help with brushes in Paint Shop Pro X9

I imported some new brushes to Paint Shop Pro X9 and I am experiencing something really strange in the program. Adding screenshots to show an example.

OK I added the abr files I had on my computer to come up in paint shop pro when Im scrapbooking. They imported with no issues at all. I tested a bunch of them and they all worked fine for the most part. When I choose certain brushes and go to put them in an open document the brush will randomly rotate and use random colors. Not all the brushes are doing this though. I am including a screenshot with my settings on the program before attempting to use the brushes and with the color pallette showing what colors the brushes should be use. In the screenshot I used the foreground color by clicking with my left button but in each instance the color actually used was a different color. Either much darker or much lighter. And in each instance the brush is stamped at an angle where my rotation angle selected is zero each time.

(PS if the image is not viewable I can upload here in the gallery. I know some images are not able to be viewed when linked through photobucket to an outside site anymore.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Hi, Im not sure about this particular program that you use, but in Photoshop there are brush presets, in which this issues can be managed by your order, for example the angle of a brush can be set as well as the color dynamic. Maybe you will find similar settings.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I think those settings are the ones across the top. I tried changing them several times. I checked if there were settings when you import the brushes which can be changed. I even checked if there was anything I could change when I select the brushes I want to use. Nothing changed how it was coming out. So I tried closing the program and reopening it. It is now working like it should again. So I have no idea what caused them to rotate like they were after so many brushes worked fine and then why theyre now working properly again. I guess maybe it could have simply been a glitch in the program though. I wish I knew what I had changed so I can avoid doing it in the future LOL

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow