Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42
Default It's time to just accept it

I am not going to use those kits I bought in 2009 & still have never used.

I'm not going to use the ones from 2010 either but I am holding on to the ones from 2011. There is still hope for them!

I'm cleaning out my scrapping folder as part of my resolution to be more canny about my stuff & I'm finding kits in my "NEW" folder from 2009! There is so much stuff in there it's no wonder half of it never got used.

So I have made an executive decision to move every kit from 2010 & before out of it and into a folder on my storage drive. That way I can find stuff from 2012 and stuff from 2013 when i buy it & don't use it right away

I'm not quite willing to delete them entirely yet though.

Anyone else have this problem with old kits they bought but never used & yet they can't quite bring themselves to get rid of them?

Last edited by Stacey42; 01-05-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm right there with you I usually keep them, and eventually will look at them and decide that they're not my style anymore (that could take 2 years though!). I'm actually going through all of scrap stuff this weekend and trying to be ruthless with stuff I don't use and don't see myself using. And it's not just kits, I tend to hoard element packs, paper packs, templates - everything! Wish me luck
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm moving on to alphas next. I can never seem to get rid of alphas. I'm even looking at the alphas in the older kits & debating whether or not I might use them
Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I use too and then I think at the beginning of 2011 I made the resolution to USE them!!!

First thing I did was make a Word document that listed my kits by year and then when I sat down to scrap I would open that document and use one of the kits for 2009/2010!! It really helped....much better then just looking at the whole group of unused kits from all the years mixed in!!!

Now I don't have kits older then 2012 in my unused folder!!! And I'll do the same thing this year...when I sit down to scrap I scroll all the way to the bottom of my document and use the first "older" kit that speaks to me!!!

I keep that ones that need scrapped with a different color so they are easy to spot!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

dang Elizabeth that is pretty impressive...what screen do you go to to copy and paste that info, I would love to start 2013 this way but I don't have trouble hitting the delete button anymore, I use to, but not now
Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do something similar as Elizabeth, except I have my kits tagged in Lightroom and the older ones show up first. I can click on a smart collection of all the kits I've never used. I have to go through and do another purge because I know I have kits in my stash that I won't use.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can totally sympathize. I did some major purging the last two years, but so far I have about a handful of kits and element packs from 2008/09 that I still haven't parted with
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'll call Traci out My oldest kit is one of hers back from 2006/2007 (?) and I haven't been able to part with it yet. Since I took a break most of my stash is 2011 and beyond, it really stands out as being "old." The rest of my collection, I took a deep breathe and hit delete. I tend to keep alphas so they could probably be cleaned out and my templates are crazy insane but can't bring myself to cleaning them up.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always keep a section tagged in Acdsee that says not used, purchased/free, i always try to use whats tagged before i buy too much, unless they are seasonal. I don't worry about free ones.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a hoarder too. I think it's probably good that mine don't have dates on them so that I don't know how old they are without being used. I do tag kit previews in ACDSee with a different color so that I will go and look at stuff "I loved" at the time.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I need to do another purge. In the past I got rid of mostly older freebies and my initial purchases from other stores when I first started digi, but it may be time to check out all my folders for those older kits that just don't suit me any more. Not sure I can do it though. LOL
Old 01-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been purging today as well and got rid of close to 40gb of stuff

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to yari

Oh my goodness Stacy, that's awesome that you are doing that! I have kits from all the way back in 2008! And sometimes I think about deleting them but I just can't do it, I have no idea why. But that's awesome that you have decided to get rid of them and clean up your kit storage. I have a ton of kits that haven't been used but strangely enough (and actually not strange at all LOL) I have used most of the kits that I have from SSD designers.