Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default What kind of shopper are you?

I just shopped (again) even though I know I shouldn't....I couldn't help it LOL. That 40% off sale ad just burned through my brain and I had to use it.

So that got me thinking...what kind of shopper are you?

Do you plan ahead? Do you budget? Do you shop for specific themes or colors?

Do you have photos in mind to use when you purchase a kit?

Or are you like me....you are enticed by all the pretty colors and designs....and just shop b/c it all looks good and you can't help it!

(In my defense, I do use all my kits, I just don't have a plan in mind when I buy them.) I do try to be aware of my spending, especially lately as I'm not bringing in as much money now.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ha! I just went back and shopped again as well. I had a yucky day at work and needed a little treat. I didn't go crazy on the second shop, but rather picked up a couple things that I couldn't decide about.

My Wishlist is still pretty full so I am happy I had some restraint. I wish I could say I have an action plan when I shop. I don't, but I do try to be mindful of what I am spending. I tend to put it in my cart and re-evaluate before I hit the order button. I look closely at what I am getting and determine what is needed now vs what can wait for later.

I am usually enticed by the pretty with no particular photos in mind. I also am a huge Disney fan, so it is pretty much a given that anything Disney will be in my cart. We live close to WDW and make frequent trips.

I wish I could say I use everything I purchase. That hasn't happened, but I am trying. My life is a little crazy so scrap time is often very limited.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I just shopped (again) even though I know I shouldn't....I couldn't help it LOL. That 40% off sale ad just burned through my brain and I had to use it.

So that got me thinking...what kind of shopper are you?

Or are you like me....you are enticed by all the pretty colors and designs....and just shop b/c it all looks good and you can't help it!
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
All of it...yes. I do have a wish list that I use for kits I don't need *right this second* but I also purchase kits the moment they're released in the shoppe IF I've been waiting on that specific theme/color palette to match photos I've been waiting to scrap.

Oh wait: I don't necessarily have a "budget," but I do have an amount that I tell DH if I'm going over (and he tells me). Thankfully that number is higher than what I spent here over DSD, so I'm all good. I also warned him that it was DSD, so our PayPal account would see more action than normal.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm mostly a "Do I really need it?" shopper. Before big sales I look over all the photos in my To Scrap folder and try to pick kits that I'll use for whatever group of photos I'm working on. (For example, right now I'm focused on our 2018 album, mostly the second half of the year. Over the summer I mostly worked on a Disney album.) Throughout the year I wishlist a lot more than I buy. If I buy a new release when it's released, I probably have specific plans for it and have been waiting for something like that. (And yes, every once in a while I'll cave because a kit is just so pretty, even if I'm not sure what I'll scrap with it.) Templates are my weakness--they're the scrap supply I hoard. If I see one I like, I don't need to have a specific plan in mind for it.

Earlier in my scrapping I was more budget focused, but I shopped more often so I had to be. Now I shop during big sales and when there's a must-have new release, which may only be once a month or less. So I spend more on big sales now but less overall. DH and I each have a small account for spending money that we can spend any way we like without justifying our purchases. That's where all my scrapping money comes from, otherwise I'd get the evil eye from DH every time I bought scrap stuff!

Last edited by rach3975; 10-08-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do have some sort of budget mainly cause of exchange rates but then i’m lured in by pretty things

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 10-09-2019, 03:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I plan ahead (wishlist), I budget and because I am on a few SSD designer teams...I pretty much buy enough so I can get the FWPs I just have to have those FWPs! I did spend a bit more than I thought I would during DSD though...oh well, got to save up for the Black Friday sale now !
Old 10-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

All of the above except using everything that I purchase. I'm okay with being a collector.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Like you Rae, I just buy pretty things. And I do use them. I've learned to scrap off theme very well, so don't have to coordinate theme of kit to pic. I have a "unspoken" budget. Like DH knows I'm not going to go crazy in the shop and spend hundreds, but he doesn't mind me spending a little when I want. I don't shop every week ... unless there's a pretty I just can't resist.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am a "oooohhhh that looks pretty" kinda kit shopper...as long as my paypal has money in it! LOL That's my money from selling on TpT so I don't need to use our family money for kits. I try to use most, but I know there are some I have not just yet. I do buy lots of Disney-ish kits too.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 10-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to buy what ever caught my eye but since coming back to scrapping I have started buying for specific things I want to scrap So I take a gander at my google photos and see if anything stand out as needing a kit. That's what I did this time anyway lol, I'll let you know how it works out
Old 10-09-2019, 09:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
All of the above except using everything that I purchase. I'm okay with being a collector.
that is me as well.

There were some things I was going to go back and get but the nice weather and playing outside with Harlow took over. However, the Passport Challenge coupons will be coming out so my excuse to shop again will be to not let my coupon expire .

Last edited by jaye; 10-09-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't usually plan ahead, I kind of just plow through and add things to my cart. If our budget is tighter for the month, I'll move some of it to my wishlist, but I just buy anything I think is pretty!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I do shop, I usually have a very specific theme or color scheme in mind. I don’t shop often anymore because I just don’t scrap as much, but the few times I have shopped, it was because I was looking for something specific to use

Old 10-09-2019, 08:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think it's interesting to see that this convo has two clear sides.....
people that buy for theme and those that don't...lol

Old 10-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I usually give myself a budget. About 20-30 every payday. I have a pretty massive wishlist, so I tend to shop from that because I have specific pictures in mind I need to scrap for my albums...but then I get swayed by new releases and pretty colors and my wishlist isn't getting any smaller

I don't typically get swayed by sales or wait for coupons. If I want it, I want it.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 10-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What kind of shopper are you?
I'd say moody.
Some days my wise mind speaks to me and tells me not to purchase, or overspend. Other days my emotions get the best of me and before you know it, I can't take it back! I try not do anything involving money on those emotional days, but some days they sneak past me and I'm kicking myself the next day!

I try plan/budget so I can figure how I'm going to justify it in to the budget/bills for the month. Around holidays and when things are themed (like back to school, etc), I try to just pick ONE or none of the products. Chances are one of my designers is going to have a themed kit and that's really all I need to do to scrap those few photos that I'll take or have taken in the past. I really love specific themes, if they apply for our family or previous photos. Colors--am totally a sucker for purple in kits. Hopefully too many designers don't see that or there goes my spending money!

For the most part, yes. I have an idea which photos I'll use or take to use with said kit/product.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am an impulse shopper. I go through and put anything that catches my eye in my cart. But because I know I am an impulse shopper, I sit on my cart a bit and then go back and look over everything and toss things out until I am under budget. I too am a collector. I like stuff.