Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD 10/21 Sweet or Savory?

I was talking to a friend yesterday about her dietary habits and what she eats. Earlier this yr she had a heart attack (in her mid 50's) and although she is healthy now, she had stents put in, moving forward she wants to be as healthy as she can and changing her diet along with exercise is a positive step. So that got me thinking about food, what your triggers are, what your guilty pleasure is or what you reach for when stressed, tired or busy....whatever.

So...sweet or savory? Any triggers or habits? Anything that you just can't resist or find yourself eating too much of?
Old 10-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a little of both. I don't crave sweets often and when I do, I can satisfy my sweet tooth with a bit of low carb snacks like banana or pumpkin loaf, brownies, Atkin's bar or a bit of Lily's stevia sweetened chocolate bar. Also, I love coconut yogurt with chocolate strawberry flavored stevia drops in it and some fruit or low carb jam added. To me, that is like a dessert. I also buy paleo muesli and sprinkle some of that over my flavored yogurt for a snack.

Savory is my weakness. I can sit and eat a whole bag of chips so I don't let myself buy them often b/c I know I'll eat the whole bag in one night. I also love cheesie type snacks so every now and then I buy baked cheesies and eat the whole bag, savoring every single one.

Halloween is coming and we have two huge boxes of mini chocolate bars to give out. I am going to treat myself to 3 and am going to put them aside and save them until I sit down after the kids have stopped coming. I have to limit myself b/c I'll just keep eating and then will feel like crap the next day as my body doesn't handle the sugar well.

For snacking I often have nuts and a pepperoni stick. I recently found a recipe for keto friendly tuna melt muffins and am going to make those, freeze them and I think it'll make a good night time or afternoon snack.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well...I just really like food so.....

I've been going to WW since May. I've lost 55lbs that I had gained back within the last year/year and a half. Because I have someone weighing me in every week, I've been very good about not indulging. I've had my moments, for sure, but have been much better overall.

Typically I crave something salty...like potato chips, popcorn or Cheez-Its or something along those lines. I can eat a whole bag of popcorn on my own. The toasty Cheez-Its are my fave so I don't even buy them anymore. Takes away the temptation.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I like both the savory and the sweet... I like ALL food!!!

I try not to buy the sweet and unhealthy treats cause I know my will power stinks. But my hubby does a lot of our shopping and he is a skinny minnie that can eat or drink all kinds of calorie heavy stuff...

I can not resist Reese's PB cups or Tasty Kakes PB and milk chocolate Kandy Kakes.... Its a PB and chocolate thing..... PB M&M's hit that sweet spot too.

Now that the weather has cooled off some, I am back to walking most mornings. So hopefully the fresh air and exercise can help me drop a few pounds....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 10-21-2019, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rae, the only thing I understood from your first paragraph was the word "chocolate." lol I love candy, but rarely indulge. I still haven't had chocolate in almost seven years, but I've gone nuts with jelly beans and gummy bears. I've been behaving the last few months, so I'll see if I can keep up the good habits.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Old 10-23-2019, 02:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post

I've been going to WW since May. I've lost 55lbs that I had gained back within the last year/year and a half..
Awesome Carrie!!! I joined WW in mid April and am down 56 lbs. I had the weight a lot longer than a year though! LOL I need the accountability of a weigh in so I hope to continue going after I have finished losing the weight.

I like both sweet and salty. Sigh. But I'm doing pretty well avoiding the fat-laden yummies. My go-to snack to satisfy the salty/crunchy craving is Good Thins (the corn one), and I literally count out the crackers....
Old 10-23-2019, 08:40 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I like chocolate, especially dark chocolate. So I am good on that department. However, I also like cakes. I do try to curb that to a healthy boundary with a lot of effort. I am quite lucky that, here in Beijing, cakes are not everywhere - I mostly eat cakes from Starbucks, so that helps.

I am not into milk tea or candies or soda - so I'd say I like a few things sweet.

Salty: give me all the chips! LOL! Recently, I switched from potato and corn chips to yam chips - which are said to be healthier than the first two.

Last edited by nietis; 10-23-2019 at 08:44 PM.