Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2024, 05:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Currently: January

I thought maybe it could be fun to have a monthly currently thread to see what we're all up to or into in a particular month. It might even be helpful to have a place to be able to look back on/to for scrapbooking. It's always fun to see what other people are doing especially when it comes to what they are reading or watching

Currently:

listening to:

reading:

watching:

eating:

loving:

wanting:

(If there is anything I should add to the list let me know )
Old 01-09-2024, 05:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

January Currently

Listening to:

I really like a Canadian singer named Jamie Fine - this is her latest song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh8m460wVAo
That and taylor swift... haha

Reading:

I'm currently reading (on audio)
The Unmaking of June Farrow by Adrienne Young
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/66087062

Watching:

Darcy and I just finished the series "you're the worst" last night.. a pretty raunchy dark comedy series.. we have to figure out something new to watch now but I have no clue what. It probably has one of the best examples of real depression that I've seen done on a TV show.

Eating:

My favourite snack at the moment is made good banana bites. I want to find a good recipe to make them since they are expensive for what they are

Loving:

the fact that it is no longer 2023.. LOL!

Wanting:

Frames for a couple artwork prints I got for Christmas
Old 01-09-2024, 05:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

CURRENTLY
listening to:

a Spotify playlist for my OLW 2024 word: delight (though it also includes songs with the words "joy" and "happy" in the titles as well)

reading:

recipe books, documents for work, travel books about Spain

watching:

"sMothered," scrappy YouTube videos

eating:

I had two mini chocolate chip muffins + half of a Jimmy John's chicken caesar salad wrap today. We are having "green noodles" (chicken + pesto + noodles + Parmesan) tonight for dinner at my son's request.

loving:

the "Big A## Calendar" I bought off TikTok that has every day of the year on a single page with every month taking up just one line, making travel/vacation plans for the year, our electric fireplace

wanting:

a cleaning & cooking fairy godmother (ha!), to get my trip to Boston for work next week over with
Old 01-09-2024, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Jelly Roll, Doechii, Jack Harlow, and Miley

reading: Don't Trust Her by Cathryn Grant and while scrapping I'm listening to Phantoms by Dean Koontz

watching: Shining Vale, Murder at the end of the World, and just saw the newest Hunger Games movie. It was way better than I expected tbh

eating: tonight a crock pot roast with oven roasted potatoes n carrots. In general I may be deal with a sweet tooth, totally into southern pecan flavored coffee, and mostly staring in shock at grocery prices.

loving: my grandson. I am so in love. I cant even begin to find the words

wanting: no rain so that I can go for a bike ride. Ive missed it with the holiday season, crappy weather, and traveling
Old 01-09-2024, 07:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: old country, 90's playlist, I'm so boring with music. And actually I'm listening to podcasts or audiobooks more often.

reading: The Villa (audiobook)

watching: We are currently watching The Dice Tower's Top 100 Board Games of All Time. They share this list every January and we love it. I usually watch Weird History or Weird History Food before bed.

eating: Trying to be healthy, but we just ordered pizza. LOL!

loving: new, tiny earbuds I got for Christmas with a gift card. I'm too cheap for the Airpods w/ the rubber cushions, but I've been looking for some that will attach to my keyring.

wanting:
To drop at least 10 pounds.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Last Night by Morgan Wallen

reading: Woman in Red by Anne Bishop

watching: Fargo S05

eating: mediterranean diet (lots of fish, veggies, fruit, beans, whole grains)

loving: winter here in Alberta, so cold but beautiful with the snow

wanting: my new credenza for my office to get delivered (waiting since beginning of Dec and it keeps getting delayed)
Old 01-09-2024, 08:34 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: same old Alexa stations while I work

reading: The Queen and the Cure by Amy Harmon - loved loved loved the first book and this is enjoyable. Looking for more recommendations

watching: Scandal - again! Waiting for all the shows to start. Especially Law and Order SVU!

eating: anything that is warm and cozy. But I am also trying to cut back on calories LOL

loving: all the puppies! They are not yet 3 weeks old and it has been so interesting to see how they develop and also all their little personalities

wanting: honestly- peace. I am struggling with some relationships. Ever since my divorce I have dug my heels in about boundaries. Can't wait to just be able to exist without expectations. Sounds kind of pathetic when written but that is exactly what I need right now.

I would also love some new CT opportunities. I am very much enjoying my time on Wendy's team. I just love being a part of a team!
Old 01-09-2024, 08:44 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

January Currently

listening to: Elvis Presley's It's Now or Never

reading: way too much Japanese/Korean manga

watching: A 39 episodes Chinese Drama, The Legend of Anle, which I had been dragging for a year now.

eating: Lots of noodles, because that's what Michelle loves to it currently.

loving: The longer days and warmer temperature, spring is approaching.

wanting: To secretly get on a plane to a secret destination so that I can be by myself and rest for at least a week on my own.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: My top songs of 2022 on Spotify

reading: My hold is ready at the library for Be Useful by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Can't wait to pick it up!

watching: Kim's Convenience on Netflix and I started Letterkenny on Hulu

eating: trying to eat healthier - stuffed salmon, more veggies

loving: I hated driving in it last night but this morning we have a beautiful blanket of wet snow covering everything. Our fist big snowfall of the season and from inside my living room, it looks beautiful!

wanting: some resolution in a current relationship
Old 01-10-2024, 12:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Catching up on the Big Boo Cast episodes I missed in December and early January - also listening to my Spotify High Energy playlist
to get myself moving getting stuff done around the house

reading: a fluffy series of romances by Emma St Clair (Love Cliches Sweet Rom/Com) - perfect for reading when I can't sleep at night

watching: my husband and I are binging Young Sheldon right now and enjoying it tremendously

eating: Lots of soup and carbs ....

loving: Having my Christmas decorations down and letting my house be a bit of a blank slate right now. Also excited to attend a scrapbooking get together on Saturday.

wanting: I need to figure out how to get a good indoor exercise routine going now that the weather has gotten snowy/cold
Old 01-10-2024, 01:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Country music on the way to work mostly. I don't listen to much at home because I enjoy the quiet.

reading: Just finished Book 9 of the Shackleford Sisters Series by Beverly Watts. Regency romance. Funny and not much thinking required.

watching: Watching Young Sheldon on Netflix.

eating: Not much these days. I have had an upset stomach since the Dr. increased the level of my diabetes medicine, Mounjaro. Last time they changed it, I threw up for 12 weeks, so this is better. I understand why people are taking it for weight loss if they feel like I do.

loving: Not much. January is my down month usually, so not feeling well has me way down. But I am trying to concentrate on my upcoming grandbaby and think happy thought of him.

wanting: That grandbaby I mentioned to get here. Less than a month to go now.
Old 01-10-2024, 05:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Lainey Wilson, Luke Combs, Cody Johnson...country music at the moment. Although I just made an "oldies" playlist the other day with music from Elvis, the Temptations, Four Tops, and Etta James type of artists.

reading: My Lucky #13...a free book from Book Bub...

watching: The Good Wife again

eating: comfort foods...BBQ chicken, stuffing, fried potatoes, green beans, & creamed corn were on the menu for dinner last night.

loving: That I won the December $50 This or That challenge!! I'm so excited that I'll be able to pick up some new scrap supplies. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new collab from KCB & Flergs!

wanting: A vacation somewhere warm & sunny!
Old 01-11-2024, 12:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Currently-

listening to: I'm really old school.. still loving my same playlist from college. #emoisnotaphase My favorites include Hawthorne Heights, Taking Back Sunday, Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin, Brand New, Bring Me the Horizon, and Senses Fail. But I am also on a Hardy kick. #exploreallthegenres

reading: I am reading Mayluna by Kelley McNeil, which I got for free from the Amazon First Reads program.... and I LOVE IT! It's about a topic I love (bands/music/etc.) and it has really beautiful writing. I have stayed up late two nights in a row reading it!

watching: My daughter and I just started 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. I've seen the first season when it first came out, but not any of the newer seasons. She is on the cusp of 13 and ready to explore more ... more grown-up topics (but only with me!)

eating: I've been sick for a few days, so my coworker made me some soup. I had it for dinner and it was so delicious. It was a chicken broth soup with couscous, chicken chunks, zucchini, squash, kale, carrots, and potatoes. I was sad when I ate all of it!

loving: My little family -- Kaelynn, my (almost 13-year-old) daughter, and Moira, my 6-year-old miniature schnauzer. We are just sitting on the couch watching a show as a family. Just pure love!

wanting: I am contemplating upgrading my Cricut Joy to a Cricut Joy Xtra for the sole fact that I could make print and cut stickers (which is what I wanted to do but the Joy isn't able to do that). But do I really need it? No... but it looks so cool!

41. Seattle
Old 01-11-2024, 03:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Currently:
watching: Watching Young Sheldon on Netflix.
I've been watching this in syndication daily the past few months. I never had any interest in the Big Bang Theory, but I love Young Sheldon. So well written!! I love Missy. And Annie Potts is amazing.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

January Currently

listening to: whatever music matches my current mood

reading: an audiobook by Nora Roberts - Shelter in Place. Not at all her usual style but it's ok

watching: just finished my second binge watch of Ted Lasso (and still loved it so much!)

eating: had delicious pizza (bacon and pineapple) last night for dinner

loving: that my oldest son has found a new job in his field (music therapy) and won't have to do so much driving

wanting: to learn how to use a jig saw and router for my craft business

Old 01-11-2024, 10:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to:
Audiobooks- trying to get through Demon Copperhead & the Covenant of Water (both together over 50 hours long!

reading:
See above

watching:
on tv: Below Deck Med, just binged the rest of the Crown,
in person: leaving for Las Vegas for softball tourney for my daughter this weekend, lots of hockey for my son this month

eating:
Canadian goodies- all dressed chips & coffee crisps

loving:
My Christmas aka now Winter Tree! It's all snowflake themed and now that it's finally snowing- I've decided to leave it up for a bit longer!

wanting:
MORE Snow!!! We haven't had much this year & I miss it!
Old 01-12-2024, 06:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: I have a massive Amazon music likes/intro list since I listen all day at work. I just hit play on that and enjoy.

reading: I am currently reading One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid & listening to the audio book of The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store by James McBride. I am also reading Beyond Testing by Deborah Meier & Matthew Knoester for school.

watching: very old episodes of the Amazing Race when I don't want to pay attention. I am also rewatching the Harry Potter movies & Manifest over my lunch breaks.

eating: I have been eating protein balls for breakfast & rice cakes with PB for lunch lately. Tonight I will eat the last of my homemade veggie pot pie.

loving: My new winter hiking boots! They are helping me continue to walk outside this winter.

wanting: I bought snowshoes today on Amazon. WTH I hate cold and winter but I am trying so hard this year to make the best of it.
Old 01-12-2024, 06:54 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Loooooove this!! So late to the party...

listening to: It's all day Taytay around here. Still loving it.

reading: I havent read a book in a long time, but I think I might read The Fourth Wing and Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow soon.

watching: Sister Wives... how weird how that whole thing has turned out. Survivor. I go in spurts with watching stuff. Right now... I'm not watching a lot.

eating: Lots of coffee and anything Adriaan makes me. He's an amazing cook!

loving: My Time at Sandrock - cozy gaming at a it's finest. My people are pretty awesome too. Oh and my ridiculous animals. Loving all of them pretty hard.

wanting: A trip to Hawaii or like a $50 Temu shopping spree. My tastes vary as you can see.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Currently: laid up with a broken leg :/

listening to: I don't listen to a lot of music, when I do I go to my faves from years ago lol (Backstreet boys, Barenaked Ladies)

reading: Good Half Gone - Tarryn Fisher - I got an advanced reader copy and am liking it!

watching: Friends, starting from Season one. I recently finished Matthew Perry's audiobook and decided I wanted to watch the season again

eating: Whatever my family brings me lol

loving: friends that have been so helpful and kind while I've been off my feet, making sure we're good but also moving get togethers so I can be involved too <3

wanting: to be independently mobile

Old 01-13-2024, 10:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Currently: laid up with a broken leg :/
You picked a great time to do it at least? thankfully it isn't during your camping season. hope it heals fast
Old 01-14-2024, 05:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Currently

listening to: The Agatha Raisin Series; I actually just finished book 35 today, and I'm so, so sad it's over!

reading: Becoming Mrs. Lewis

watching: The Huberman Lab on YouTube

eating: My new favorite food is sourdough bread. I found someone who bakes it fresh and delivers it to my door. I am living my best life.

loving: Cooler temps. I live in the Philippines, where it's normally melting, but January has lows in the 70s and it's just delightful.

wanting: Something to color my hair with so that my grays can grow in gracefully.
Old 01-14-2024, 04:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
You picked a great time to do it at least? thankfully it isn't during your camping season. hope it heals fast
That is a good point! I'm aiming to be at least partial weight bearing by Feb 10th, I have tickets to a ladies night out with friends and don't want to bring the grandma walker or wheelchair lol Haven't seen the orthopedic guy yet though, so if I do see him and it's not healing right it'll be back to square one if they have to break it again to let it heal right.

Old 01-15-2024, 12:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Currently: In my scrapbook era...trying to record all the memories!

listening to: My 2023 Mix on Amazon Music

reading: Three Holidays and a Wedding and The Wind Knows My Name

watching: I finished Fool Me Once on Netflix and love watching DateLine, 20/20 and 48hours

eating: I am back to meal planning

loving: rechargeable hand warmers

wanting: warmer, longer days
Old 01-15-2024, 12:16 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
eating: My new favorite food is sourdough bread. I found someone who bakes it fresh and delivers it to my door. I am living my best life.
This sounds like heaven Kellie!! I want sourdough delivery!!
Old 01-15-2024, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Old hymns and praise music usually or Podcasts: Dark Down East, Crime Junkies, Going West, The Deck (vast difference in the two I know)

reading: How to Solve Your Own Murder by Kristen Perrin (It comes out in March..I got an early copy). A great read. Just finished Death in the Dark Woods by Annelise Ryan also a good one.

watching: We don't watch a lot of TV but we are following Only Murderers in the Building on Hulu and Reacher on Prime

eating: Nothing special...we eat a lot of Mexican around here and steak is a fav...We have had lunch at Texas Roadhouse the last 2 Sundays and the rolls...YUM!

loving: New floors going in but not the construction and tearing out part...a mess but it is going to be awesome once it is done. No more nasty carpet!

wanting: Texas weather to get its act together. 20s are too cold for us. I do not like the cold. It should be back to 70s by next weekend but this 3/4 days of winter are awful.
Old 01-21-2024, 05:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Podcasts: Church/Religious, Crime Junkie, The Deck and Dateline (Kimberely lets be friends!)
Music: Country, Abba/Queen and other old school, Today's top hits (but I'm just not feeling any of it lately)

reading: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (NOT to be confused with other such books of a similar name! LOL) It is about a young girl who is taken by the soviets from Lithuania and taken to Siberia with her Mom and younger brother. It is very well written and very very good.

watching: "Reacher" with my husband

eating: Healthy! Meats and veggies only

loving: My evenings before bed. I have a great routine going of getting ready for bed, scripture study and then writing in my journal (which I hadn't done in over 20 years)

wanting: Someone to come help me take down my huge LEGO winter village. I just don't want to-- it is so much work. LOL

Old 01-23-2024, 09:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: Shinedown besides Rush its my favorite!

reading: My Effing Life by Geddy Lee (see above...lol)

watching: Percy Jackson series on Disney+

eating: Popcorn is my go to snack

loving: My dog Petra is finally in her first heat so I can schedule her spaying.

wanting: A trip to Disney World!
Old 01-23-2024, 11:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Currently:

listening to: My son likes Linkin Park, so I decided to check them out and I've been listening to them for a few weeks. I never listened to that kind of music back when they were popular and it's fun to see what kind of music my son appreciates.

reading: I just shelved a book that I read 3/4 of the way. Hated it. The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies, Book 1. Meh.

watching: I'm not currently watching anything on the TV. I've discovered in that last couple years that I don't really like it! My hubby was just watching some show about people with road rage... can't remember the name. And it was interesting to half-watch.

eating: I joined NOOM a couple days after Christmas... I had been wanting to do it for months! So I'm eating less carbs/sugar and feeling really good. One of the things I look forward to the most is getting a flat white at Starbucks.

loving: Walking. It's so good, such good therapy!!!

wanting: I have a cart filled on Wayfair that's totaling a few thousand dollars of all the new rugs, lamps, and tables I want for our house. Wish I could just hit BUY!

Old 01-23-2024, 11:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Currently

listening to: The Agatha Raisin Series; I actually just finished book 35 today, and I'm so, so sad it's over!
Oooh these look good!!!