Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Question PSE8 Drop shadow angles?

When I had PSE 5 I would add drop shadows on different items, and if I changed the angle on one of them it would change all of them.
Now in PSE 8 it is changing only the angle of the shadow I'm working on. I see where this might have some benefits...but I usually want them all to match.
Is there a setting I can change?? Driving me half-crazy!

While I'm at it.......also used to be able to double click a layer to choose it instead of having to press ctrl and click. I just figured out how to get my zooming in and out with the mouse roller back....just trying to get all my other tricks back...this is slowing me down!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Randa; 04-15-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Seriously. This annoys the fool out of me too. I was complaing about this to Tiffany Tillman recently, and she said that in the newer versions of PSE there isn't a "global angle option" or something, I can't remember, anyway, it made me think that it won't make all your shadows match. This is especially annoying when working with a template that has shadows {which I do in general like} and then adding something to it and trying to figure out what the template shadows are set to. Maybe Miss Kim will have an answer for us.

I dunno about your other question. In fact, I'm so sleep deprived right now that I'm not even sure the first paragraph I typed makes sense. But welcome to SSD.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i kinda like that it doesn't change them all. but when i add my later style to something i usually right click the style icon in the layers palette and save style and then just right click on all the other items and paste style so they are all the same. and some things i want to be different; like papers vs. flowers or leaves. i like the shadows to be different distances. but thats just me.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never even knew you could do that with earlier versions! That's cool!

So, I've noticed it does happen sometimes... I haven't figured out exactly when yet... but it seems to happen sometimes, after I change 2-3.

I also have this problem with nudging. Sometimes I can nudge a layer without having to use the transform tool or whatever, but most times I can't. I don't get it!

I don't know about the double click thing, I guess I rarely used ctrl click before!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

PLEASE share how to fix the zooming with the mouse - please!!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
PLEASE share how to fix the zooming with the mouse - please!!
Should be Edit -> Preferences -> General, then it should be the last option on the bottom right (Zoom with Scroll Wheel)

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When I was using PSE 8 to get all my shadow angles to match I would do the first then go to Layers>Layers Styles>Copy Layer Style then select the next layer I want shadowed and chose Paste Layer Style and then adjust the shadow amount if I needed to. It was really time consuming and annoying but it was the only way I could figure to do it.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and for the ctrl click, if your selecting them in the work area not layers area you have to use shift click now instead.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had PSE 8 for 3 weeks and have yet to use a drop shadow with it. I'm not scrapping much, more editing photos. I didn't even realize the shadow angle was like that. Thanks for the heads up.

What took me forever was the getting the photos not to "float" and figuring out how to put the name of the action under the thumbnail. 'Bout pulled my hair out with those. Guess I should do a layout this weekend to see what it's like.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post

What took me forever was the getting the photos not to "float" and figuring out how to put the name of the action under the thumbnail. 'Bout pulled my hair out with those. Guess I should do a layout this weekend to see what it's like.
the floating thing really annoys me. everytime i open stuff i have to go up to that little box at the top in the middle and click 'consolidate all'. i have no idea how else to get my photos and things just in the bin at the bottom and not tabbed all over.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresta View Post
Should be Edit -> Preferences -> General, then it should be the last option on the bottom right (Zoom with Scroll Wheel)
thank you thank you!!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
the floating thing really annoys me. everytime i open stuff i have to go up to that little box at the top in the middle and click 'consolidate all'. i have no idea how else to get my photos and things just in the bin at the bottom and not tabbed all over.
Edit > preferences > general, then uncheck the box that says allow floating documents in full edit mode. It will open everything in tabs and in the photo bin. Only problem is if you want to float anything you can't, you would have to go back and check the box again. I want to be able to float some things (ie the LO I'm working on) so I have left this option switched on, which means I have to click the cosolidate all box. It's annoying but I don't know any better way to do it.