Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default guilty of overshooting - tell me I'm not alone

I'm so guilty of taking a ridicilous amount of pictures during things like soccer games, birthday parties (though that is getting a little more manageable sortof) - 4 games this weekend for my oldest of soccer...1600+ pictures, I won't keep them all of course, and I also shoot all the kids playing, so they don't all get scrapped in our family album (I upload them all to a password protected shutterfly share site so the other parents can download the ones they want)

oh man though - I am loving so many of these from this weekend though, they are so fun and these boys played all year together and have grown so much as a team, together and as individual players I kind of just want to make them each a book of the whole year/both seasons (yet that is probably a little crazy)

So who else is guilty of taking entirely too many pictures at sports games/events?
Old 06-06-2016, 03:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

ME!! Oh this is so ME!!
Old 06-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You're welcome to come photograph my son's soccer games! How lucky are the other parents??? I would need a better lens to get better photos at sporting events. Sigh. I think I'm guilty of taking too few pictures of everything, yet my family things I take too many!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is so me. Sadly. Lol...
Old 06-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
You're welcome to come photograph my son's soccer games! How lucky are the other parents??? I would need a better lens to get better photos at sporting events. Sigh. I think I'm guilty of taking too few pictures of everything, yet my family things I take too many!
Cindi, I think the same way you do, and my boys absolutely hate photos, so even one is way too many for them.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

meeee! I always have continuous shooting on so it takes a few and then I end up with zillions of pictures that all look the same ha!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbella77 View Post
meeee! I always have continuous shooting on so it takes a few and then I end up with zillions of pictures that all look the same ha!
I don't even have continuous shooting on
I'm getting better at other things - like visits to the park/zoo...but man I just love taking action shots!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Becky Higgins has talked about this before. She will take one photo at an event and then that is it. That kind of terrifies me and I am always afraid of missing the perfect capture. I like her idea though...enjoying the moment more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF1dCN-K...eckyhigginsllc
Old 06-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL - I used to be this way but I got over it. My daughter has been heavily into sports since the age of 4 and by the time she hit Jr. High I had backed way off the photos... now that she's in high school I don't even bring my camera to every game (*gasp!).

I discovered I was taking so many photos that I wasn't really seeing the game... I'd rather have memories of an awesome game than 100s of photos of mediocre moments.

ETA: I was always the parent taking photos for everyone else too and I did the same thing - uploaded them to a site so they could order. I got over that too - LOL. I do still occasionally take a few though if a parent asks me while we're at a game and I have my camera with me but I don't take them of everyone anymore - I never got to see the actual game!

Last edited by mariewilcox; 06-06-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to. I would spend way too much of the time at an event taking photos and not socializing, enjoying the occasion. Now I have a happy balance, I take quite a few but then put the camera away so I can also visit or get involved in the occasion. It is hard though b/c I love taking photos so its easy for me to get lost in the moment and just keep happily snapping away.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't take too many on purpose; I'm just that bad of a photographer that I need to take 100 to end up with 4 or 5 non-blurry shots.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Me! I've gotten a lot better, partly because my kids protest even a small number of photos. Once a season, maybe twice, I bring my real camera and try to get the perfect shot. Don't even ask how many photos I come home with from that game! The rest of the time I force myself to stick to my phone. That way I'll take a few shots to preserve the memory, but knowing that there's no chance of the perfect shot (because my phone doesn't capture action nearly as well as my real camera) frees me up to take a few "good enough" photos and call it good.

Event photos are a whole different ball game. This introvert hates big events with lots of people (we're talking events like weddings, not zoo trips), so hiding behind the camera makes it more bearable.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is me! Especially with sports events, from using the multi shot to try and capture action, they add up in a hurry. My first time using my current camera was at my sons soccer tournament and I had over 800 photos to go through by the end of the afternoon.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They just call me a mamarazzi in my family... Guilty of taking way too many pictures, always.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to take too many shots too. With time and practice, however, I've come to realize it's no need to shoot that many. So, I'm now trying to balance things - shooting a bit, enjoying the event a bit, and so on.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 06-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never use my camera any more--just my phone. While I may take too many photos, it is hardly noticed by me because it's so easy to whip out that phone, shoot, and have it back in my pocket in a few seconds. I don't feel like I'm missing the events at all.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Events I don't overshoot as much minus birthdays lol though that is even less now. Even outings now I am much more selective and often just take my phone - knowing I am likely not going to blow up a picture bigger than a 5x7 or need fast action shots.

Games are such a different story though lol. I do feel like I watch the game well through the lens well and stay focused that way so I guess it works

Cheryl