Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default PSE Help - layers

I got PSE 2019 a bit ago as an upgrade from PSE11. In PSE11 I use to click on a layer in my layout and then drag a new graphic into the layout and it would appear in a layer just above the one I had selected. Now, in 2019 I drag in a layer to my layout and it will appear in some other order in the layers, sometimes buried all the way to the bottom. Any help?
Old 12-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I know the secret this drove me nuts until I figured out what it was doing one day, and then at least it was a lot less confusing and annoying as to why it ended up where it did sometimes.
In previous versions of PSE would drop the file you are dragging into the document on top of the layer that was selected in the layer palette, no matter how or where you dragged the new element on there. Starting with PSE2015, they changed it so that it now drops it above the layer that your pointer is over in the document when you release the button. So, you have to make sure visually that your pointer is on top of the layer you want it above when you 'drop' it. If the layer is a deep one and mostly buried by other things this can be harder to do.
Oh, and it always drops the element in the center of the document now too.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness - this makes perfect sense. Thank you! It seemed so random to me where it was putting it in the layers order, but I figured there must be a reason for what it was doing.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That drove me nuts til I figured it out too!!!
Old 12-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyHC View Post
Oh my goodness - this makes perfect sense. Thank you! It seemed so random to me where it was putting it in the layers order, but I figured there must be a reason for what it was doing.
YW
and yes, it probably was literally random for you as for so many years we didn't have to consider where the move tool ended up on the document during the drag and drop process. This was a big change (I thought it was at least) that no one seemed to mention in all of the stuff I read about the new version before I moved to v15