Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-01-2020, 03:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default What brought you here?

Okay, humor me

I was reading everyone's Day 1 comments and it got me wondering, what brought you here to Sweet Shoppe Designs? Was it a certain digiscrapping friend? A celebration like this? You followed a designer to the shoppe? I'm really curious because there are so many of us and I know there are a bunch of reasons how you came to SSD!

Old 02-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'll answer my own question. I can't remember the earlier years, when my date says 2008 because let's face it, that was TOO long ago and if it wasn't scrapped about, it's been forgotten!

But I do know that Studio Basic Designs is what got me here and to stay at the shoppe! You see at the time, I was this "traditional scrapper", trying to find her style and fit in with the digi community. But I had a secret obsession with artsy style that I was always scared to post online. So I secretly followed Ru for many years until one day I didn't care and started posting my layouts online!!

Old 02-01-2020, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Great story Wendy!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2020, 07:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was making siggies (remember those things)

I was looking for "kits" to create some for a mommy forum I was in and I happened upon the shop here. I actually didn't join then, that was like 2009/2010 I just grabbed a few freebies and went on my way.
But that's how I found SSD, I just continued to follow the shop and designers and finally in 2014 I decided to join up after I got the courage. I always had HIGH regards for this place and thought I wouldn't fit in.

Now I don't ever want to leave. I love this place SO much!

Old 02-01-2020, 07:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I bought creative memories scrapbooking software for my mom who wanted to scrapbook why the paper style was driving her nuts. She asked me to learn it to teach her... the kits included in the software were... eh... do I went on a search for something better... found here... also learned that I could use photoshop and I was sold! I never left, ��

Edited... not creative memories... it was memory mixer!

Last edited by MamaBee; 02-01-2020 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

oh, after reading the answers I got curious too, so good question, Wendy!

What brought me here was the summer olympics challenges in 2012. I've been digi scrapping for few years back then but after that challenges, I'm hooked

And I love your story, Wendy, I was like that too back then.
I was a traditional scrapper but admired Ru's style and back then, I was thinking 'no way, I can do this style of scrapbooking'
Ru opened a guest CT call couple years ago and I applied, I think I even put in my application that her scrapping style scared me and I'm not sure if I'm able to make pages that helps promoting her kits but she took me in anyway
I'm a bit more confidence and open to any style of scrapbooking now because of that

Old 02-01-2020, 07:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I found the store back in 2013 in search for freebies...had no money to spend back then. In 2017 discovered Amber Shaw and fell in love with her kits. By then I had my TpT store so I had a little to spend.

I did not have the guts to join the gallery until May 2018.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by StacyLynn; 02-01-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

After I found digi in 2013 I fell down the rabbit hole of collecting designer freebies. I found Megan Turnidge whose blog led me here! I was pretty shy at first and like Kiana, thought SSD was so flipping amazing, because face it, we are, but I was really intimidated by all the talent here! But the one thing that was stronger than my fear was my dream of becoming a SugarBabe so I forced myself to step out of my comfort zone and get involved. And every single person here was so kind and encouraging. I 100% believe that SSD is the best place to be!
Old 02-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd shopped here a couple of times but was more Scrap Orchard, then Ru and Flergs came over to sell. Being on their CTs, at that time, I became more active here. Found I enjoyed the atmosphere and I'd discovered KCB. I haven't looked back since.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I came here at the beginning. I didn't know who the designers would be, but I spent a lot of money on Mindy Teresawa and Sara Carling once it opened.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

To begin with, Traci Reed.

She owned a store back then and I was on the site CT and then started designing for her store. She closed her store and moved to another popular store. I kept up with her and then followed her to SSD when she started designing here. There were other designers here that I liked as well. I hung out a little but then got wrapped up in the other stores I was a part of. When I left designing I took a long break from scrapping as well. When I came back, I knew SSD was the place to go to find quality designs as well as a great community.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So fun reading how everyone found their way here! When I did a search online for some digital freebies (as I was new with it and wanted to try out before spending some money), I found some freebies from Zoe Pearn on her blog. From her blog I clicked on the link to her store which brought me here to this glorious place! I was at another store at that time, but came here from time to time. When the other store closed, it was the perfect time to official make this my home!

Old 02-01-2020, 11:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was here on opening day! There was so much buzz back before SSD opened. Everyone was wondering who the designers were going to be and what the new site would be like. That was back when there were only a handful of digiscrapping sites. Back then I had almost no budget and an incredibly slow dial up connection, so it was a while longer before I started shopping here and got involved. I can't remember for sure, but I think either the forums or the gallery didn't exist in the early days. Hard to imagine SSD without the store, gallery, and forums!
Old 02-01-2020, 11:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I saw a page using Dani Mogstad's stuff and followed it to here. Then I fell in love with the old portfolios and kits. I basically haven't left since.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 02-01-2020, 11:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can't remember exactly what brought me here, but it was 10 year ago. I know my first kit was one by KCB!
Old 02-02-2020, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Gosh, that was a long time ago. I don't even remember how or where I heard of digital scrapbooking...but once I did...I found SSD and I was hooked. Lots of fantastic people here and incredible designers, kept me here and brought me back
Old 02-02-2020, 12:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

honestly can’t remember, it’s been so long now. Thinking it might have been the Amazing Digital Scrapbook Race but not 100% sure

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-02-2020, 01:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had a good story like you, Wendy!
I joined at the end of 2011, and made the jump to digi in 2012. I was on another store's CT, but after an injury at the end of 2016 left me unable to scrap, I left that store and came to SSD in 2017. I was drawn here by the amazing designers, as well as the Babe's LOs! (You all are a-mazing!!)
I love SSD, and haven't looked back!
Old 02-02-2020, 02:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My profile says I joined in 2008, but I honestly cannot remember what brought me here. I have no idea.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:27 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

It was Krystal Hartley's goodies that brought me here at first. I wasn't staying as often though at the time. And then Flergs moved here and I was on her CT and that was the beginning of my becoming of more active here.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think it was Jenn Barrette. She was at another store, then moved here and I followed... and discovered so many other wonderful designers too! I remained a 'lurker' for a few years before I joined the forum and started posting layouts.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to make signatures and the AMAZING Sheri also made them, I loved what she did and she introduced me to SSD I started shopping here in 2008 and joined the forum when I got a spot on Fee Jardine's team in 2010.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:08 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I used to be on the CT of a designer who no longer sells here, and was looking for a new community when ScrapOrchard closed. I took the plunge and started becoming more active here, and found that people were really friendly and welcoming.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 02-02-2020, 08:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Cindy and Kristin.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I was already a member but not very active, then Heather Roselli invited me to her team, but when ScrapOrchard closed many of my ct designers moved here so I followed them and that's when I became more active LOL

Last edited by roxana; 02-02-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I remember being part of another store which closed down so I looked for another one which closed down. I was so done looking! I thought if I’m gonna join one it had to be a strong store and I could see SSD as being one of them so I took a chance and am so glad I’m here now!
Old 02-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

When Studio Flergs left SBG to join SSD, that's when I really started to shop here. I have been buying goodies from her since 2006 I think? She's my absolute favourite designer in the world and I was so sad when she left SBG because it was pretty much the only store I shopped at. But I followed her over here, and ended up finding a new bunch of awesome designers.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I was a traditional scrapbooker but I wanted to explore the digital way. I wanted to scrapbook in a way that you couldn't see it was digital. That part brought me here. Meghan Mullens, Kristin, Traci, and later Jady Day Studio created kits in the way I user my original papers. And Cindy's templates kept me going. Between 2014 and 2018 I stopped completely but I started Alain. Now I user my kits for digi LO's but also for hybrid stuff. I really love it again.

Last edited by Leontine78; 02-02-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I came to stay when Scrap Orchard closed and I followed some designers here. And I've never left! I'm a one shoppe girl, this is the only shoppe I participate in, though I sometimes browse and buy templates elsewhere.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was shopping here when SSD first opened, but I think I made it my "home" base when Heather Roselli became a designer here. I was on her CT and moved over with her. I CT'd for a bunch of girls back in those days.

I remember when the gallery was only for the staff. LOL! SSD has always been the place to be since it opened.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I know I shopped here before joining the forums. I didn't remember what got me interested in the forums, so I searched for my first comment...looks like I was drawn in by a challenge running in January. The prompt was to scrap your resolutions. I had my daughter 2.5 weeks later & those resolutions (and my time at the forums, apparently!) were out the window. I continued shopping, but made my way back to the forums about 5 years later.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hopefully Robin will pop in here & correct me if i'm wrong about this memory!

I was here when the doors opened & I *think* that there was lots of buzz because Robin had just won this big industry-wide contest of Best Scrapper Ever (not the actual title but the gist) and was digi-famous.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am loving reading all of these!!!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I, too, was here when SSD opened and it was because of aggie (former sugarbabe). I was a lurker for a little while as I also felt intimidated at first but now, I call SSD my home.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had a different account before this one, so I'm not sure of my exact join date from that account. Probably sometime around Wendy's. I have never had a huge scrapping budget, so back then, I entered different RAKs at DST site. I know I won a few and some of them were from here. SSD really became my home when one of the designers I CTed for, came here.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:12 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i started out as an admin of a siggy making forum. (who remembers this??? hotchicksflysigs???) and always loved the kits at ssd. it inspired me to design my own kits (not so great at the beginning), i sold in several shops but still bought SSD products... and now here i am! xo

Old 02-04-2020, 02:07 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember how I got here, but I do know that my earliest SSD kits are from 2007 and they are by Dani Mogstad. I'm pretty sure I was a shopper in the early days of SSD =) I have several SSD collab kits from 2008 still!
Old 02-04-2020, 08:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't know. I thought it was Flergs, but my date shows me here before she came over. . .I think. June of 2008 was too long ago for my brain. LOL
Old 02-04-2020, 08:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Cindy and Kristin.
Now that I saw your post, it might have been Cindy. I was loving her templates from some Peppermint place(or something like that), so I might have followed her here.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

For me it was a product that I saw a preview of and loved - trying to make sure I remember it right but I think the designer was Heather, and the product was ticket clusters and frames - not sure what they were called, but I absolutely loved them and couldn't wait to own them That was a looooong time ago - I was shopping at the store for years and years before becoming involved in the gallery and forum.