Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you like perfume/fragrance?

I grew up with a mom who was very sensitive to chemicals and smells so I psychologically tend to feel like there's something unhealthy about things with strong smells, including perfume. I do wear a little perfume from time to time but very rarely. My daughter, on the other hand, never met a perfume or scented candle that she didn't like.

What about you? Do you like perfume? Do you use scented candles, diffusers etc??
Old 06-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I don't wear perfume often and I am very picky as to which to like. Most of the strong ones I dislike.
The ones that I like are: green tea by Elizabeth Arden, flower by Kenzo and white musk by body shop.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I wear a tiny amount of fruity scents only when dressed up. My high school boyfriend practically bathed in cologne and ever since I am terrified of using too much and thus rarely wear it.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

There are a lot of perfumes I don't like the smell of, and I dislike having to be near someone wearing almost anything strong. So I tend not to wear any because I figure that some people would feel the same about anything I'd choose. I do use scented hair products and such, since the scent is usually so much milder. Anyone close enough to hug me will just have to deal with it!

Scented candles and electric candle systems (Scentsy, etc.), on the other hand, I love. It's only my family who has to smell those, so if anyone dislikes a particular scent I just don't use it. I'm also most likely to use them while I'm sitting at my desk scrapping once everyone else is asleep, so only I smell them most of the time.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not a perfume wearer or a candle burner. I'm very sensitive to smells and will usually end up with a huge headache if I'm around either for too long. I prefer to use my essential oils. I will wear them and diffuse them in the house/office.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

only perfumes with light & clean scents - smelling like you just came out of the shower or something LOL! I love amazing grace perfume by philosophy
Old 06-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I suffer from chronic migraines and they get triggered so easily by smells. I am very very choosey but do quite like some things when I find something that works. I like smelling nice things it's just hard :/
Old 06-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am sensitive to smells like paint and beewax ect it triggers my migraine
I always wear parfum.but light once. I like hugo boss for women
Old 06-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I looove perfume and pretty much never leave home without wearing some. My favorites are Clinique Happy and Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been wearing Opium for almost 30 years now, but I don't wear it daily anymore since I'm not at work during the week. I used to burn candles a lot but got out of doing it when I had babies and toddlers. I have some but never remember to burn them even though the kids are older.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husband has asthma, so we can't have too much in scents in the house.

I have certain scents that I use when I want to feel a certain way such as, if I want courage, I wear Freedom for Her by Tommy Hilfiger... which is no longer made. If I'm feeling pretty then it's Beautiful by Estée Lauder... if I'm just being me then its Romance by Ralph Lauren.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a perfume person but I love scented body wash and lotions, especially from Bath & Body Works. I tend to lean more towards the fruity smells.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love fragrance SO much that I make my own perfume/bath & body and pure soy candles! (I started with originals but lately have been experimenting with duplicating designers scents, mostly for my love of Paco Rabanne Olympea and some Christian Diors but the fillers are nasty!) The nice thing is that I can wear pretty scents and not bother those that are sensitive because mine are phlalate free, formaldehyde free, paraben free, and in pure oil form. My candles and melt bars do not bother sensitive's when they come to my home or use them in theirs either. Most people are sensitive/allergic to the chemicals in commercial perfumes and not the fragrance itself.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I worked with a woman with asthma for five years and scents triggered her. I didn't wear anything scented for that time. Then a number of years back I started developing a lot of allergies, mostly skin/topical ones. But strong scents give me breathing problems. The only exception is scented candles. I can burn them and not have an issue as long as it's in a large room.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I tend to love any fragrance from Anthropologie. They are usually very natural smelling and not too strong. I have asthma, so I am sensitive to heavy perfumes. I wore Royal Apothic Distillery General's "Dandelion" fragrance (HERE) for 2 years until they stopped selling it in my local store. Then I switched to Tocca Eau De Parfum which is a little more strong, so I only wear it occasionally. I've also started wearing essential oils more often. I love patchouli and ylang ylang in blends with other oils so they're less strong.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like smelly things.

Right now I'm wearing some kind of lavendar-y something-or-other body spray from B&BW that my sister bought me.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

No perfume or loud smells for me. Chewing gum even makes me sneeze...lol! I remember an lady I worked with (78 years old) put on some Liz Taylor lotion one day. I started breaking out, sneezing, itching, face was turning red. If she didn't rinse it off, I was prepared to leave work that day. I can handle very lightly scented things..candles and some of our hair products smell like sweet cocoa, vanilla and some people say it smells like marshmallows.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronesia View Post
No perfume or loud smells for me. Chewing gum even makes me sneeze...lol! I remember an lady I worked with (78 years old) put on some Liz Taylor lotion one day. I started breaking out, sneezing, itching, face was turning red. If she didn't rinse it off, I was prepared to leave work that day. I can handle very lightly scented things..candles and some of our hair products smell like sweet cocoa, vanilla and some people say it smells like marshmallows.
"Loud smells" -- I like that expression!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is SO me! I also love Acqua di Gioia, Ed Hardy and Juicy Couture to add ::heart::

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
I looove perfume and pretty much never leave home without wearing some. My favorites are Clinique Happy and Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashaw View Post
I love fragrance SO much that I make my own perfume/bath & body and pure soy candles! (I started with originals but lately have been experimenting with duplicating designers scents, mostly for my love of Paco Rabanne Olympea and some Christian Diors but the fillers are nasty!) The nice thing is that I can wear pretty scents and not bother those that are sensitive because mine are phlalate free, formaldehyde free, paraben free, and in pure oil form. My candles and melt bars do not bother sensitive's when they come to my home or use them in theirs either. Most people are sensitive/allergic to the chemicals in commercial perfumes and not the fragrance itself.
Another reason I love you!

Old 06-22-2017, 10:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I like smelly things.

Right now I'm wearing some kind of lavendar-y something-or-other body spray from B&BW that my sister bought me.
This is me. I love smelly things. ROFL.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk