Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD 07/10 Gifts

Do you plan and shop ahead of time, for gifts? Or do you wait til the last minute to choose a gift? Who is the hardest person you have to shop for?
Old 06-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't often shop ahead much but maybe a few wks or so if I know what I want to buy. I will make a list on my phone of ideas and then hopefully have a plan of what to look at when I go out shopping. I don't like spending hours out shopping so having a plan helps. I do sometimes procrastinate and then have to rush out to get something. I did that for my youngest granddaughter's birthday which is today and I haven't gotten her anything yet. But we're going to the States on Friday for the wkend so I'll be out shopping on Saturday for her. She easy to shop for, clothes, toys and crafts make her happy. She loves to draw so art supplies are good for her.

The hardest person to shop for is my hubs. If he wants something he'll go out and get it himself. He doesn't really have any hobbies and isn't into clothes so it's really hard to buy him things. The best gift last year for his birthday was sky diving with his buddy but we can't afford that this year so I have another 5 wks or so to figure out what to get for him. I have no idea.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I usually buy gifts through out the year, when I find them as a good deal. My father-in-law is the best to buy for - he loves bathroom humor...

The hardest person to buy for is my husband, too... he normally gets what he wants/needs when he wants/needs it... so what is left is uber expensive (like a new iphone, macbook, etc)... or because he heard it on a podcast and I have no clue what is the thing he wants. He tries to keep a spreadsheet updated... ugh, and June is the worst - father's day and his birthday is this month.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely a last minute gifter… unless it's something for my girls that I have to buy at the moment then I save it for later.
I never know what to get my husband...
Old 06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a planny plannerson, so gifting is definitely planned out. The hardest gifts are Father's Day. All our father's are the type of guys who want for nothing & if they NEED something- they just go buy it. SO- typically I have the kids make something nice for them (card, cup, plant, etc) and we bring some goodies to visit (spending time with them is really all they want!)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It depends on how busy everything else in my life is
Old 06-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am an impulse shopper, so everything happens pretty much at the last minute.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love to plan early, and shop a little early too because, say Christmas, a lot of people are in the mall. I'm really grateful for online shopping because of the conveniece. The hardest person to buy gift is my husband. In all occasions. He doesn't need or wnat anything, and if he want something and he would tell me, like this father's day, he would tell me all the specs or send me the website or he would say it's on the best buy wishlist and I would just add it to the cart and pay for it That's how we are.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I usually plan what I want to buy and look around ahead of time before buying gifts. Hubby can be tricky, sometimes, so what I do is I choose what I think he may want, put it in the online shopping cart and tell him to check it out before I purchase it. I learned that this is the best way to buy him gifts that he will like/use/wear. I had several 'expensive' disappointments, where he didn't really care about the gifts I gave, because they're not up to his liking.

Another person that's hard to buy gift for is myself. It's easier for me to buy gifts for my husband than buying something (indulging) for myself. I contemplate way too much.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Generally last minute, and the hardest person to buy for is my husband.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I love buying gifts in advance. It's nice to know the "chore" is taken care of, plus I get to enjoy the happy feeling of knowing that I have the perfect gift for someone.

The hardest person to buy for is my dad--not because he doesn't have interests lol, but because (1) if he wants something, he buys it for himself and (2) he collects Lionel model trains but he has SO MANY that I can't exactly go to a hobby store and buy something for him because he probably already has it lol. He has a whole building for his trains!
Old 06-14-2019, 02:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Normally I am a big planner, but I messed up Father's Day this year. It got sold out in store and I had to order online, but now it will be late. I also haven't bought the cards yet either for my step-dad & dad. Ugh.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've always shopped ahead (found great deals!) and stashed gifts away... until recently. My kids are older and their tastes and wants change every 2.2 seconds. It is too hard to shop early for them now. Once in a while I find something that I know they won't buy for themselves or lose interest in before the day arrives, but usually not.

My husband is the hardest to shop for. He doesn't really like 'stuff'. He wants only things that are useful. For Father's Day he wanted work gloves and a rain gauge! I'd have never thought of either, so it is a good thing he was vocal about it.