Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20
Exclamation Scrapbooks, Etc. Magazine?

I know a few of you get this magazine (including me) by subscription. Did you see the P.S. from the editor in the most recent issue? P.S. This will be our last issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. Thanks for the 13 years. (not exact wording but the general idea).

I did some googling and found this article:
http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2012/...e-publication/

I know my in-laws got me a subscription for it this past Christmas, so I'm kind of bummed this is happening. I do hope that I get something good in it's place though that is of equal importance to me!

An excerpt from the internet article:
"There is no word from Meredith at this time regarding the fate of unfulfilled issues on subscriptions, but it is standard industry practice in magazine publishing that a publisher will either sell the subscriptions to a rival magazine title to be filled, or fill the remaining issues of subscriptions with another title from their own portfolio."
Old 06-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I remember hearing it was being cancelled a couple months ago. I was sad because I liked it much better than CK I believe I read on their website that if you call customer service you can request a specific magazine to take its place? Maybe I just dreamt it, but I'm pretty sure

Here is what I read back at the beginning of May:

‎**Announcement put out by Scrapbooks, etc. ** - "We are pleased to offer Better Homes and Gardens magazine to our former Scrapbooks, etc. customers. As a Scrapbooks, etc. subscriber, you’ll automatically begin receiving Better Homes and Gardens starting with the September issue. If you are already a Better Homes and Gardens subscriber, we’ll extend your subscription. In any case, you will receive the full value you paid for your Scrapbooks, etc. subscription. Any subscription questions should be directed here: sbecustserv@cdsfulfillment.com."

Last edited by mariewilcox; 06-16-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I saw that too and contacted customer service. I was told that "the remaining issues will be transferred to Better Homes & Gardens. When the first issue is received by mail, please contact us at that time to process your magazine transfer or cancellation and refund request."

I haven't looked at BH&G in forever, so I'm not even sure it's something I'll enjoy. Guess I'll wait and see. :/
Old 06-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I already had 3 years of BH&G so add to that the time I had subscribed to Scrapbooks Etc Ill have like 6 years of BH&G LOL. I guess it is a good thing I love that magazine so much.

Oh and my last two magazines have been damaged by water and torn up so I havent even gotten the last two. I contacted them to ask for copies to be resent but hear nothing back
Old 06-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

Hmm, not sure if I'll care for BH&G. Guess I'll look into it.

thanks for the info girls!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really care for Better Homes and Gardens.

I would prefer it if they'd give us a choice to select something else out of their lineup. I think the only one I'd be remotely interested in is Eating Well. I think I'd just rather have a refund and then buy some more kits here!

Also, I went to Barnes and Noble this afternoon and thought the most recent issue of "Creating Keepsakes" was extremely thin!

I hadn't been too interested in Scrapbooks Etc. for a while. This issue is pretty good, but I think they were trying really hard but got shut down anyway. I think CK is doing much better than it had been in a while, but hmm...I think I've gotten to the point where I'd just rather see what's going on here at SSD.
The special CK issues are not too bad and I'll pick them up at Hobby Lobby occasionally since you can use HL coupons on magazines and books there!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another one to go I'm glad I didn't renew my subscription last month when it ran out!! They actually sent me the renewal cards and mailings, knowing they're ending the magazine... hmmm...
I remember when Memory Makers stopped publication, they sent me a check as a refund for the remainder of the issues on my subscription.
I also let my Creative Keepsakes subscription run out in the last month or so.. the scrapbook magazines have repeat articles on the same darn things. I've been a faithful subscriber to S.etc. MM and CK for the past 8 years or so, and I can't tell you how many times I read the same "how to's" I could actually count them all up, though, because I have every single magazine from those companies in a storage bin still LOL

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 06-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There is an email address here where you can request a refund for your magazines.

http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/blogs/i.../15/what-next/

Last edited by origami; 06-17-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah that happened years ago when I finally bit the bullet and bought a 3 year subscription to paper kuts ... and they sent a different magazine in it's place just a few issues into the subscription ... and I didn't like that magazine ... blech. NEVER again will I subscribe to a scrapbooking magazine.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
There is an email address here where you can request a refund for your magazines.

http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/blogs/i.../15/what-next/
Perfect! Thank you!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is sad to me, are there any sb mag left out there?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It really is sad... even in the digital age, I still like the hard copy scrapping mags... and I really liked Scrapbook etc... it had a lot of 3D paper items vs. just layouts.

Thanks for the email address... I was paid up until Aug 2015 - one of those discount mag deals - so it costs like $10 for 4 years or something like that... so if don't get a refund, not a big deal... I got a year out of it... but still very sad...