Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 07/15

Do you have a favorite author, celebrity, actor, athlete etc? Can you share why?
Old 07-15-2019, 06:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One of my all time fave actors is Robert Downey Jr. I will watch anything that he performs in. I think he is a very talented actor who has overcome a lot in his life and come out the other end of it.

I loved it when he was on Ally McBeal yrs ago but sadly was fired due to his addiction back then.

He was raised by an addict father and he became an addict during his earlier years. He is a great actor and a musician. He is well read and is well liked and respected in his business. From all accounts, he has overcome his demons, has been clean for many yrs, and come out of it a much happier, stronger, well adjusted man.

He's a great looking guy but not movie star handsome which I find appealing and reportedly he is quite well read and intelligent.

We did a Marvel movie marathon over the wkend and he was in all of them. What a fun time!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do...... my favorite Author is James Patterson..... originally it was because he has my last name and I like having all the books on my shelf displaying 'my' name (and the fact that we share the same first initial lol). but, in all honesty I just like the simplicity and pace of his novels. I can't seem to get into books that are overly descriptive, with really big words and looooong chapters.... I am trying to expand my library, but these are all put offs when looking for my next book to read.

I don't really have a favorite celebrity or 1 sports star in particular. I try to just focus on characters and teams..... I dunno, I think it's the media that ruins being a 'fan' for me.... I hate their personal lives are plastered everywhere when that part of their lives is really none of our business, and there's no way I can say "I like so and so" without someone jumping on the gossip train about them..... I just like being a fan of their work.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:36 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My choices change with the mood I am in and I don't really have any absolute favorites but as Jenn said above I do enjoy

James Patterson books because of his simplicity and short chapters. I hate long chapters because I like to be on a fresh chapter as a starting point when I pick the book back up.

The Undertaker is my favorite WWE wrestler with a close John Cena on his heels. "You can't C me!" This is as close to sports as I get. Not a ball playing fan nor Nascar since Dale Earnhardt was killed.

Favorite actor - I will watch ANYTHING Steven Seagal is in. He just freaking rocks! His posture and composure just reeks that he means business! LOL
Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jenn - I love his books too. I'm on the waiting list for The Chef. I read the Alex Cross series but have fallen behind. There are a few I still need to read.

Jennifer - I don't follow wrestling but I do know who John Cena is (from Fast and Furious).
Old 07-16-2019, 11:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree with you, Rae, Robert Downey, Jr. is a fantastic actor and has overcome a lot.
I can't say that I really have a favorite anything. I suppose I'd pick Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Harrison Ford and Robert Downey, Jr. LOL! I guess I'll stop there because I could just keep naming.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a couple favorite authors: I like Jodi Picoult, Lisa Gardner and Lisa Scottoline. I love suspense stories and plot twists. Lisa Scottoline is funny and Jodi Picoult touches on tough issues and looks at them in different ways that make me think.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:21 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I have a couple favorite authors: I like Jodi Picoult, Lisa Gardner and Lisa Scottoline. I love suspense stories and plot twists. Lisa Scottoline is funny and Jodi Picoult touches on tough issues and looks at them in different ways that make me think.
Oh I recently read a book by Jodi Picoult called Small Great Things and loved it! I want to read more from her.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Looks like we love the same authors. I've read all or most of their books too. I love suspense/thrillers. Right now I'm reading All The Wrong Places by Joy Fielding...I think you might like that one if you haven't already read it.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Looks like we love the same authors. I've read all or most of their books too. I love suspense/thrillers. Right now I'm reading All The Wrong Places by Joy Fielding...I think you might like that one if you haven't already read it. I'm on goodreads so if you want some book suggestions, check out my list as a lot of those are suspense/thrillers.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Looks like we love the same authors. I've read all or most of their books too. I love suspense/thrillers. Right now I'm reading All The Wrong Places by Joy Fielding...I think you might like that one if you haven't already read it. I'm on goodreads so if you want some book suggestions, check out my list as a lot of those are suspense/thrillers.

Ooh yes! I will check it out. Always looking for new authors. Are you bcgal on goodreads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk