Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you do with all the pics you don't scrap?

I am thinking of adding a DVD to my PL album at the end of each month to store all the pics
or
create a slideshow and add a QR code every month?

any other ideas?
Old 01-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Does "keep them well organized on my computer" count, LOL? I've thought about doing a DVD at the back of the album, but the reality is that no one here would look at it. I scrap enough photos each year, especially since starting PL, that my family probably wouldn't feel a need to see more just because I had more. I wish I had a good solution for including the photos that I'll scrap someday but haven't yet, but I don't. I hope you find something that works well for you!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i take SOOOO many pictures so not all of them make the cut, actually only about half make the cut. the rest sit organized on my EHD

Old 01-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Does "keep them well organized on my computer" count, LOL?
but I do love the idea of adding a DVD at the end of each month or putting each month on a DVD and putting them all in the last page of my album in a BH PL 12x12 envelope page
Old 01-05-2014, 01:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a PL'er and I only use a very small % of photos I take, so I just archive them monthly. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to that.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

The DVD is a great idea! I usually create a collage of random candid photos at the end of each month. (Cindy Schneider's Lots of Snapshots series of templates are great for this!) These "odd" pages also help when completing my scrapbook for that often needed filler-page.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't do project life but I love the mix of photos and blocking look of it at times. I've decided to mix things a bit. I do a few regular layouts for the month and then I have one page where I post a ton of other random pictures from the month. I often use journaling from my facebook or blog to add to the page too. That way I can still scrap some very specific pages and still get in a lot of the everyday pics I have.

btw: I wrote about it more detail on KristinCB's blog if you want more ideas:
http://kristincbdesigns.com/archives/2397

Last edited by ChristyHC; 01-05-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think often about what I should do with them. Does that count as doing something with them?

Really, I do need to find a plan. I like the idea of a DVD in the album. Might have to try that!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 01-05-2014, 04:29 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I keep mine well organised on my EHD as well!! However I do like the idea of adding a DVD of photos into the album, especially as I'm doing an album for each child, when they move out of home then, they will be taking a nice collection of DVD photos of them as well!

MY BLOG | PINTEREST

BIG FAN!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I usually print some and add them to a family photo album. I never thought about adding them to a dvd though.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Oh I love the idea of a DVD in the back of each child's album!! Thanks for the idea. I have done collages with some of the better non-scrapped photos, but this is better!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Great ideas! Just need to implement now lol
Old 01-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Like the idea of DVD. I've thought about including QR code of online album, but then, I'm not sure how long those links will be valid. Just in case, I want to change the folder structure or even decide to move all photos on another site in future (right now, I have all my pics on Smugmug), the link won't be valid 10-20 yrs from now.

For short term solution, I have set my screensaver on my computer to have slideshow of random photos from my entire photo library. It's always fun to see a long forgotten photo/moment pop up on the screen.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I love the slideshow idea and putting a QR code on a monthly wrapup page...I'm trying to get better about taking more photos

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm really late to this conversation but I just bought a slideshow maker that's on sale right now. I already have a slideshow option in ACDsee and I think MyMemories has it as well but this software had 3D templates that my school kids would like.
I take a lot of pictures of classroom activities because I make the yearbook for my school. My kindergarten classes love to see themselves on the big screen,lol!
I thought about making some slideshows of the digital layouts that I've made over the past 10 years. I haven't made any layouts in a couple of years so I've been thinking about making slideshows from those pictures. I just can't seem to get back into digital scrapping like I was.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripal View Post
Like the idea of DVD. I've thought about including QR code of online album, but then, I'm not sure how long those links will be valid. Just in case, I want to change the folder structure or even decide to move all photos on another site in future (right now, I have all my pics on Smugmug), the link won't be valid 10-20 yrs from now.

For short term solution, I have set my screensaver on my computer to have slideshow of random photos from my entire photo library. It's always fun to see a long forgotten photo/moment pop up on the screen.
I've never included the QR code for the same reason. I'm afraid they won't be valid or readable down the road.