Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default how do you choose which kit for your pictures?

or is it which pictures for your kit? Do you always match your pictures and kit's colors?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It varies for me. Sometimes I have a kit to use, and will search for photos that either match the theme or match the colour. Other times I'll start with the photo/s and find a kit that works well with them. If I want to use a kit with photos that don't quite match, I'll change the photos to black and white or sepia.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

nope. I don't. I'll edit a photo to match if I really feel it needs it, but otherwise I just try not to clash things.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It varies. I usually try to match themes but not always. The last two layouts I did I knew what pictures I want to use and then I searched for a kit to go with it. Sometimes it goes the other way through.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't match colors. I read a thread on another board where people were showing off their skills at finding kits that exactly match the colors in their pics and it made me go, 'wow, I suck at this scrapbooking thing!'

Old 11-12-2013, 09:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I recolor a lot of clothes to match kits, lol. I'm weird that way. Usually it's just subtle differences like changing the color of a stripe in a sweater. I don't make many themey pages, so I usually just have a slew of photos I've taken of my boys. I try to tag the ones I've used so I'm not reusing the same photos.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like to match but it doesn't have to be an exact science. If it's really not meshing, I'll change the photos b/w - that totally doesn't bother me.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I either turn my photos black and white it I want to use a kit because the theme or mood of the kit matches. I have also been known to recolor elements if I need to but it is usually not too drastic. And although I have gotten much better since I have been back on the CT thing, I will mix and match kits to get the colors I want. I mish and mash to get the look I want. I theme pages, event pages, and non-theme pages too.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sometimes recolor elements too, haha, but it's usually if the element I want is in the "wrong" color for my page. I usually keep the colors within the colors of the page. I'm not the type to scrap outside of one kit though. I tend to keep it in one kit

Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Except for CT pages, I start with the photos and then choose a kit that works with them. Sometimes I'm going off the theme, other times the colors. If I'm going off the theme, I have no problem using photos that don't match as long as they don't look terrible together. I don't change photos to black and white to match; I love the look of other people's pages with b/w photos, but having my photos in color seems to bring me back to the moment more than b/w photos.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:31 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I usually choose pictures that i want to scrap and then choose the kit that matches the pictures either by theme or by color scheme.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I recolor a lot of clothes to match kits, lol. I'm weird that way. Usually it's just subtle differences like changing the color of a stripe in a sweater. I don't make many themey pages, so I usually just have a slew of photos I've taken of my boys. I try to tag the ones I've used so I'm not reusing the same photos.
lol i recolor kits to pictures, lol.
Full Time Photographer & All the Time Mother
Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I'm just scrapping to scrap, I find a kit to match the photos. And yes, it has to match pretty closely, otherwise it makes me all wiggly. I'll do what it takes to make it pleasing to my eye - recolor pics or turn b/w or use a kit that is off-theme, in a generic way, that matches.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always match. I like how it looks. :-) And mix kits to achieve the desired effects, as well as re-colouring or re-saturating ellies and papers.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
It varies for me. Sometimes I have a kit to use, and will search for photos that either match the theme or match the colour. Other times I'll start with the photo/s and find a kit that works well with them. If I want to use a kit with photos that don't quite match, I'll change the photos to black and white or sepia.
Exactly this.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think mixing kits is the key. When I had a smaller stash, I often would use a neutral kit to scrap the page (or the best match I could find to go with the photo), and then pulled in some elements from another kit to match the 'odd color' in the photo that wasn't matching everything else.

I have re-colored photos when I absolutely NEEDED to use a certain themed kit with a themed photo. But, I don't know... I'm weird about re-coloring photos. I like to remember certain clothes my kids wore, and I want them to be the color they truly were on my scrapbook pages. It's a sentimental thing. I don't mind changing certain photos to black & white either. I think if the color is not important in the photo, that's the quickest solution.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I'm weird about re-coloring photos. I like to remember certain clothes my kids wore, and I want them to be the color they truly were on my scrapbook pages. It's a sentimental thing. I don't mind changing certain photos to black & white either. I think if the color is not important in the photo, that's the quickest solution.
This is me too... I really don't take too much matching kit to photos... I'm more of a theme scrapper. If I'm scrapping more of a memory, I'll change the photo to B/W or put a filter on in.