Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2019, 06:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Most Challenging Passport Square?

I'm curious since the themes of the Passport squares remain the same each month, but the specific challenge changes, do you have a certain square that challenges you more than others every month?

Or does it vary based on what the challenge is?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I tend to struggle with scraplifting, so I I struggle with that each month.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm with you... #18 (scraplift) and #3 (featured designer) tend to be most challenging for me. Scraplift simply because I'm too "stuck" on using templates (but I'm trying to step out of my box!). And I think I struggle with featured designer because it's either another scraplift or I just overthink and dwell too much on finding "the right" inspiration. Oh, and actually #11 (wild card) is hard for me because I always wonder "what if" the layout I make is the perfect fit for one of the following month's challenges and then I can't think of anything to do, LOL.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I struggle with featured designer too. Maybe because it’s so broad I have a hard time narrowing it down and choosing a direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2019, 09:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I struggle with the One Little Word one. Sometimes the word just doesn't seem relivent to my life right now, to scrap.

Also, this month had 2 scraplift challenges. While I like scraplifting, I do like a little more variety, so 2 scraplifts in one month weren't encouraging to me!

The rewind challenge has been hit or miss. This whole month just seemed overly challenging, and nothing I wanted/needed to scrap seemed to fit any of the prompts. And when I tried to "fit" a layout into a prompt, I just wasn't overly happy with how my layout turned out!
Old 04-30-2019, 10:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think I also struggle with the inspiration part of the featured designer.
And the Inspired By one. Too big to choose from.

But I love the scraplift challenges. And the list!
Old 04-30-2019, 11:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm having a rough month in real life so right now EVERYTHING has been a challenge

I really struggle with One Little Word in the beginning of the year. Now that it's part of the monthly passport, it's carrying over every single month. It's one challenge that I try to get out of the way first so it doesn't block my scrapping for the remainder of the month. I don't know why the one word gets me, but maybe it's because it's not pertaining to me, my photos? It just takes a lot of outside of the box thinking. Like this month, I added "i can't breathe" on my son's asthma layout. But for printing, it's gone. I only add the word for the challenge requirement, but for me, it's gone. Maybe I shouldn't have admitted to it???

Another one that I struggle is lists--I have WAY too may lists in real life that I try to NEVER list in my hobby. My hobby is supposed to be fun, but lists make me more stressed because it carries over in to my real life.

I got REALLY lucky that one of the kits included a brushed list that I used to "cheat" my way to meet the list requirement this month. I think I probably fudged it last month and the previous months???

I've said WAY too much so I'm just going to go to bed.
Maybe tomorrow, with it being May 1 will be MUCH better!!

Old 04-30-2019, 11:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I tend to struggle with scraplifting, so I I struggle with that each month.
I would never have guessed you struggle with that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Oh, and actually #11 (wild card) is hard for me because I always wonder "what if" the layout I make is the perfect fit for one of the following month's challenges and then I can't think of anything to do, LOL.
Yes!!! I'm like this too....I'm like "should I post this?" This month my wildcard was the LAST one posted!!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think the list one, I don't know why but I don't really scrap lists lol.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Scraplift for me too. I have never liked scraplift challenges.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It varies by month for me. I love lifts. Inspiration is so broad that it makes it easy for me. lol o.O
A few of the rewinds have been thinkers for me

Old 05-01-2019, 07:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I had to chose one, I guess it would be the quote. I feel a desire to change the quote into pretty word art, and I'm not good at pretty word art. I prefer mine come pre-made.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It kinda caries, but typically it's the Journal and Quote blocks that get me each time. Journaling is something I have been working on, so though I find it difficult, I am happy for the added push and practice. I don't like using quotes on my pages so that one is a difficult challenge every time.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, quotes are difficult for me as well. I also struggle with lifts, because I really always want to make multi-photo pages and most lifts seem to have only one or two. I know I can modify it to suit my own preferences, but this requires a lot of brain, lol! I usually appreciate the creative push from the challenges and the thought required to make them fit my own style, so unless I'm really not feeling it, I try to see them all as fun opportunities.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Yes, quotes are difficult for me as well. I also struggle with lifts, because I really always want to make multi-photo pages and most lifts seem to have only one or two. I know I can modify it to suit my own preferences, but this requires a lot of brain, lol! I usually appreciate the creative push from the challenges and the thought required to make them fit my own style, so unless I'm really not feeling it, I try to see them all as fun opportunities.
Yes! It seems all the "pretty" pages only have 1 or 2 photos on them! I also prefer to add as many photos as I can to most of my pages! Especiallyl since I am so far behind and have so many photos to scrap! If I can fit them on one page and get the page finished, as opposed to having to scrap 3 pages to scrap the "event", even better!!

I think multi photo layouts deserve a little more attention! Not everyone is a "one and done" scrapper! And yes, I have added extra photos to a layout I want/need to scraplilft. But that only works to an extent! If the original layout had 3 photos, I can get away with adding 1 more. But it's hard to make a 5 photo page out of a 1 photo layout!
Old 05-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Yes! It seems all the "pretty" pages only have 1 or 2 photos on them! I also prefer to add as many photos as I can to most of my pages!
My kids are older and I'm lucky to get a photo or two here or there, so many photos on a page are a challenge for me!
Old 05-01-2019, 05:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
My kids are older and I'm lucky to get a photo or two here or there, so many photos on a page are a challenge for me!
Same for me, as my kids get older I have less photos

Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I'm with you... #18 (scraplift) and #3 (featured designer) tend to be most challenging for me. Scraplift simply because I'm too "stuck" on using templates (but I'm trying to step out of my box!). And I think I struggle with featured designer because it's either another scraplift or I just overthink and dwell too much on finding "the right" inspiration. Oh, and actually #11 (wild card) is hard for me because I always wonder "what if" the layout I make is the perfect fit for one of the following month's challenges and then I can't think of anything to do, LOL.
Rebecca, overthinking is my problem with scraplifting, too. Well, that and being a bit intimidated

Quote:
I struggle with featured designer too. Maybe because it’s so broad I have a hard time narrowing it down and choosing a direction.
That's an interesting one to struggle with, Cindi. Your reasoning does make sense, though. I have a hard time when the perameters aren't narrowed down.

Quote:
I struggle with the One Little Word one. Sometimes the word just doesn't seem relivent to my life right now, to scrap.

Also, this month had 2 scraplift challenges. While I like scraplifting, I do like a little more variety, so 2 scraplifts in one month weren't encouraging to me!

The rewind challenge has been hit or miss. This whole month just seemed overly challenging, and nothing I wanted/needed to scrap seemed to fit any of the prompts. And when I tried to "fit" a layout into a prompt, I just wasn't overly happy with how my layout turned out!
Dawn, the OLW takes a little extra thinking for me... sometimes I end up with a photoless LO for that one.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I think I also struggle with the inspiration part of the featured designer.
And the Inspired By one. Too big to choose from.

But I love the scraplift challenges. And the list!
Lea, finding inspiration from their featured interview can be a bit of a challenge.
LOL! I love how each of us is unique with our strengths and weaknesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm having a rough month in real life so right now EVERYTHING has been a challenge

I really struggle with One Little Word in the beginning of the year. Now that it's part of the monthly passport, it's carrying over every single month. It's one challenge that I try to get out of the way first so it doesn't block my scrapping for the remainder of the month. I don't know why the one word gets me, but maybe it's because it's not pertaining to me, my photos? It just takes a lot of outside of the box thinking. Like this month, I added "i can't breathe" on my son's asthma layout. But for printing, it's gone. I only add the word for the challenge requirement, but for me, it's gone. Maybe I shouldn't have admitted to it???

Another one that I struggle is lists--I have WAY too may lists in real life that I try to NEVER list in my hobby. My hobby is supposed to be fun, but lists make me more stressed because it carries over in to my real life.

I got REALLY lucky that one of the kits included a brushed list that I used to "cheat" my way to meet the list requirement this month. I think I probably fudged it last month and the previous months???

I've said WAY too much so I'm just going to go to bed.
Maybe tomorrow, with it being May 1 will be MUCH better!!
Wendy, first... I LOVE your gifs! LOL! Second, you always do such a fabulous job even when the whole month is more challenging! Third, I love your honestly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I would never have guessed you struggle with that one!
LOL! Thanks You know I can be hard on myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I think the list one, I don't know why but I don't really scrap lists lol.
I love making lists, but the challenge is figuring out a really good, different way to scrap them each month.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Scraplift for me too. I have never liked scraplift challenges.
Well, I guess I'm in good company then, Sarah!! Your scraplifts are always awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
It varies by month for me. I love lifts. Inspiration is so broad that it makes it easy for me. lol o.O
A few of the rewinds have been thinkers for me
Kiana, I'm always impressed with your scraplifts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
If I had to chose one, I guess it would be the quote. I feel a desire to change the quote into pretty word art, and I'm not good at pretty word art. I prefer mine come pre-made.
Lynn, oh yes! I love pre-made word art! Not because I can't do them, but because I spend WAY too much time on them
Old 05-01-2019, 06:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
It kinda caries, but typically it's the Journal and Quote blocks that get me each time. Journaling is something I have been working on, so though I find it difficult, I am happy for the added push and practice. I don't like using quotes on my pages so that one is a difficult challenge every time.
I'm with you on journaling, Jenn... it is a challenge. But, I have appreciated having it as one of the Passport squares because it makes me do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
You are amazing at multi-photo LOs, Ally!! I get what you're saying about the LOs to be lifted are one or two photos, and that it's extra brain power to work more photos in.

Quote:
Mine are older, too, so I totally understand that. I like doing one or two photos on a LO because they are my "spotlight" LOs. Then, I'll do a multi-photo LO later if I need to.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love this kind of thread, it's interesting to hear how other members feel about the challenges.

I don't think I really struggle much with any of them. I love the scraplift ones. I guess the one most outside my wheelhouse would be "LIST" as I don't often use them. I tend to not journal at all or tell a complete story.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:12 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

ugh - always lists - struggle with that every single tim

I don't usually do lists so when i do one i feel like i'm faking it
Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That makes sense! I understand this aspect (my older 3 are all teenagers, and it's a pain to get them to give me their phone for a few minutes so I can download their photos onto the computer.)
Old 05-02-2019, 10:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Scraplifting always........esp when we had to scraplift Kellie last month, layouts from 2009. Oh my, that was difficult.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Scraplifting from 2009? That was back in my heyday! LOL My new pages will probably look like they're from 2009. Just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus. So inspired! Looking forward to working on the Passport to Creativity Challenges this month. I need that to jumpstart my process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
Scraplifting always........esp when we had to scraplift Kellie last month, layouts from 2009. Oh my, that was difficult.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I love this kind of thread, it's interesting to hear how other members feel about the challenges.

I don't think I really struggle much with any of them. I love the scraplift ones. I guess the one most outside my wheelhouse would be "LIST" as I don't often use them. I tend to not journal at all or tell a complete story.
The lists can be tricky. I like telling the whole story, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
ugh - always lists - struggle with that every single tim

I don't usually do lists so when i do one i feel like i'm faking it
Sounds like lists is a big one!

Quote:
That makes sense! I understand this aspect (my older 3 are all teenagers, and it's a pain to get them to give me their phone for a few minutes so I can download their photos onto the computer.)
Mine won't give me their phones. LOL! I'm lucky if they'll message photos to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I'm surprised that you find scraplifting difficult, Biancka! You do so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapchyck View Post
Scraplifting from 2009? That was back in my heyday! LOL My new pages will probably look like they're from 2009. Just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus. So inspired! Looking forward to working on the Passport to Creativity Challenges this month. I need that to jumpstart my process.
I'm glad to see you back to scrapping, Becky! The challenges are fabulous for a jumpstart!