Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-17-2020, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts: 01/17

Let's talk about shopping.....
  1. What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it?
  2. Is there something you are hoping to buy soon?
  3. Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping?
  4. Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts?
  5. Is there anything you buy that you stock up on?
Old 01-17-2020, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it?
I just bought new perfume. I had accumulated quite a few points at our local drugstore and they had a big sale on last wk in their beauty dept so I ended up getting Dior J'Adour perfume for almost nothing. It's my fave perfume. Plus, I now have accumulated more points towards future shopping, so a win-win shop for me!

Is there something you are hoping to buy soon?
I saw that one of our stores has a 70% sale on a set of "The Rock" non-stick pots and pans. I really want it but not sure if I can get my car out of the driveway (tons of snow this wk) and if there will be any left when I finally get over there.

Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping?
Maybe a little more in-person shopping b/c I don't buy clothes on-line, I want to see and touch them, and maybe try them on. My daughter buys almost all her clothes online and never has a problem but I worry about the return policy and hassle of it.

Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts?
Ugh....I am soooo bad about this. I try to be organized but somehow I always forget to register warranties and always lose the invoice. I'm just terrible about this.

Is there anything you buy that you stock up on?
Trader Joe stuff like their tumeric tea and spices b/c I don't get over there on a regular basis. I also stock up on batteries b/c we through a ton of them. At Costco I always buy a few extra bags of almonds b/c I eat them every day and never want to run out. The other thing I stockpile is small notepads. I'm always making notes and lists so my office always has quite a few. I buy them at the dollar store, 5-10 packs at a time.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I bought tan pants online from Target with in-store pickup for my son who is very hard to find pants for because he is thin. They look great and fit (for the win!).

No big purchases coming up right now.

I am doing more clothes online shopping, but don't always have success with sizing/quality. However, I really hate to wait in long lines at stores (looking at you Old Navy LOL) so that drives me towards online.

I don't often fill out warranties. I do save receipts until I am sure I'm not going to return something or if it is a big purchase.

Toilet paper =)
Old 01-17-2020, 03:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it? The last thing I bought was a pair of pearl drop costume earrings online. I was happy with them, especially when the photo showed they were gold (which is what I wanted) but the description said silver, and they arrived in gold. LOL
Is there something you are hoping to buy soon? Tan slacks.
Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping? I shop mainly at brick and mortar stores for clothes, but for many other things I shop online.
Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts? Yes, I usually fill out the warranty cards, but I do not really organize my receipts.
Is there anything you buy that you stock up on? I stock up on all the cans I need to make several recipes of the 8-can chicken taco soup or the cans and other non-perishable ingredients needed for the taco chili soup.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A food scale, a dog training collar, baking sheets & some clothes.

A bow & arrow. (yay!!)

Usually online, hence the random order. I don't like going into "town" and people are blah!

No way, that takes way too much time.

With 6 kids at home we stock up and buy in bulk... toliet paper!
Old 01-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A folding stool to help my MIL get into my SUV easier

Nope. Other than scrapping supplies - always on my radar

Definitely online!

Nope and nope.

Paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags
Old 01-17-2020, 09:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it? The last thing I bought was a game. Hasn't arrived yet, but hopeful that I'll like it. It was on sale & I'll give it to my kids for valentines day.
Is there something you are hoping to buy soon? lunch meat, cheese & yogurt...I can't wait to move & have access to quality, "normal", reasonably priced foods.
Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping? Other than while we're on vacation, I have probably only bought something in an actual shop 3 or fewer times in the past 15 months, lol! We order everything online & wait 2-3 weeks for delivery. (We do have a housekeeper who picks up produce & dairy for us, so don't go feeling too bad for me, ha!)
Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts? Huh? Bwahahaha paperwork is not really my forte'
Is there anything you buy that you stock up on? Our current assignment is a "consumables post", so we have about 1500 pounds of canned, jarred & bottled goods in our basement storage unit. If you think your Costco total is alarming on a regular day, imagine the (4-digit!) number on the register after we went through with three carts full of diced tomatoes, tuna, ranch dressing, shampoo, pickles, etc. We affectionately refer to our storage room as "Little Costco"

Last edited by knittingbec; 01-17-2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
Is there anything you buy that you stock up on? I stock up on all the cans I need to make several recipes of the 8-can chicken taco soup or the cans and other non-perishable ingredients needed for the taco chili soup.
I need to know more about this 8-can chicken taco soup! Maybe I have all the right cans!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, groceries. lol
Other than groceries, a font pack, and yes, very.

Starbucks tomorrow.

Probably pretty evenly split.

Only for expensive things. (Or things likely to get broken.)

Toilet paper. lol

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-18-2020, 01:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Let's talk about shopping.....
What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it? Some clothes using christmas money, haven’t got them yet as I haven’t gone to the click and collect point for the courier yet - that will be Monday’s job I think
Is there something you are hoping to buy soon? Nothing immediate
Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping? Prefer bricks and mortar for the sole reason I’m not mucked around by delivery drivers. If they use the delivery option linked with the post office and it’s tracked I can usually get it redirected to a local grocery store which is a click and collect point
Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts? wish I was better at this
Is there anything you buy that you stock up on? not necessarily but I do keep a look out for particular brand and style of shoes at charity shops and try and have a pair as a back up. I don’t have $200+ per pair of shoes to spend but can afford $5-20 a pair so it does take a while to find replacements which means as I’ve just changed into my what was a back up pair I need to look for a new pair.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-18-2020, 01:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just bought myself a pair of diamond earrings.

I REALLY want a pair of Rothys but can't bring myself to buy them. Oh... tomorrow I'm going to buy Annika volleyball shoes and knee pads.

Definitely online

No, not at all

Premier Protein shakes lol
Old 01-18-2020, 05:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it? A Happy Planner planner cover. I don't know if I like it yet because I ordered it online and will have to wait for it. The other thing was a camo blouse. I like it. Soft. Warm but not hot.

Is there something you are hoping to buy soon? I want a bracelet with my OLW on it.

Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping? online totally!

Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts? Ha ha. No. I used to. We have never had something break down under warranty.

Is there anything you buy that you stock up on? household things, trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. Also anything that we regularly buy that I can get a good deal on.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:36 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Hi Rae

Let's talk about shopping..... I HATE SHOPPING, I missed that girl gene

What's the last thing you bought? a scrap kit Happy with it? yes
Is there something you are hoping to buy soon? more scrap kits
Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping? online
Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts? no that is hubbies job
Is there anything you buy that you stock up on? tea

Old 01-18-2020, 07:37 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
[B]

Is there something you are hoping to buy soon? I want a bracelet with my OLW on it.
I do OLW too, what is yours? mine this year is "self-care" but I hate the connotation of self care so I used me, myself, & I
Old 01-18-2020, 11:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it?
The last thing I bought was a heating pad for my college daughter on Amazon so I could ship it right to her. I won't get to use it...lol. Other than that, the last shopping was grocery shopping... and yup, I'm pretty happy to eat and feed my family.

2. Is there something you are hoping to buy soon?
My desktop and laptop are both getting slow... so I will probably be shopping for those soon.

3. Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping?
I do both pretty equal right now. Online def a lot more now with college kids.

4. Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts?
I do usually fill out most warranties. But I am horrible with any kind of paperwork organization.

5. Is there anything you buy that you stock up on?
We do lots of shopping at BJs so we do buy lots in bulk. But craft supplies, I buy lots when there is a sale!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-18-2020, 11:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's the last thing you bought? Happy with it? hair clips and scunchies for my daughter, yes I'm happy about it I guess.

Is there something you are hoping to buy soon? a pillow. I have been in search for the perfect pillow for the past 4 years, haven't had any luck yet...

Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping? I/we do it on both. I had this one time bought my daughter some shirts online and the size was too big for her even though that was her size, so we ended up going to the mall. I also definitely but beddings in person because I want to feel it.

Do you fill out warranties and organize your receipts? yes, I try to do it as much as possible.

Is there anything you buy that you stock up on? printer paper, eraser, pencils, toilet papers, kitchen towels, soap, trash bag, garlic powder and pepper.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

a 40mm lens for my camera. LOVE it!!

there is a possibility of me going on strike so putting a hold on any big purchases at the moment. I am saving (if I don't need it to live on) for new blinds and curtains for the living room.

Depends on what it is and how impatient I am to get it.

Not the best at it, at all

soup when it's on sale and toilet paper. There's only two of us so no need for big stock on things.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Coffee & Cocoa this am at the Hockey rink snack shack. They don't have the BEST coffee- but it's nice & hot to keep my hands warm during my son's game! My daughter loves their 'cappuccino machine' cocoa tho!

I'm saving up to buy a new car- Tesla model Y. I have a first day reservation, so hopefully they'll open up orders soon! Fingers crossed to take delivery by the time we go on our summer road trip!

Do you shop more at brick and mortar stores rather than online shopping
I'm about 50/50 at this point. Groceries are still in the store. I'm def a fan of amazon tho...

Warranties, yes. Receipts- only during the holidays or big purchases.

Milk, eggs, bread, coffee, snacky type stuff like granola bars & protein bars, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, dishwasher soap= basically my Costco list at least monthly! We are a billet house for a hockey player for our hometown team- he eats A LOT of food!
Old 01-20-2020, 12:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had a $50 GC to Kohl's that I used today to buy leopard print flats (with memory foam bottoms -- yeah for getting old!) and a green puff sleeve sweater. The flats are for my birthday party Saturday night so I'll let you know!

I am still on the hunt for leopard print earrings.

Sometimes I go shopping for the experience without planning on buying anything so those are brick & mortars but I generally buy more online since I have specific tastes or items I'm seeking.

Nope.

Not really. We lived on the edge for so long that I still shop that way, especially for food, and it honestly doesn't occur to me to buy more than one of something to have it for later even if it's something I buy almost/every week.