Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter

Old 04-04-2014, 03:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Silhouette update: did I lose my custom cutting settings?

So, I went ahead and downloaded the newest version of studio, but now I can't find my custom presets for cutting different materials any more. Should I have made an backup before updating (which of course I forgot to do) and lost all the settings that I painstakingly figured out through trial and error, or does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve my old settings?

Also, I can't find the icon that lets you choose which lines/shapes you want to cut, and which ones you don't need for cutting! (I always do the bleed, but don't have my machine cut the outer edge.) Any ideas where that could be found? It used to be right next to the line style icon (right side), but it's not there anymore ...
Old 04-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I haven't downloaded the new version yet. From what I hear the scissors symbol is gone, but you will still be able to change cut settings, it's just been moved. Take a look at this post: http://underacherrytree.blogspot.de/...te-studio.html
Old 04-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for hooking me up to that website! I'm sure it'll take me a while to get used to things with the new version, and it looks like some of the features aren't as intuitive anymore. Like the line color thing. I find that pretty confusing!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been hearing that there are some bugs that they're working on fixing, so I haven't updated it yet and plan on waiting a bit
Old 04-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was able to reinstall the previous version and my customized settings reappeared again! (Big sigh of relief! I've got like 3 spreads of PL ready to print and cut, and have been waiting for when I have a bigger chunk of time to do that - probably tonight or tomorrow, and it gave me headaches thinking about having to figure out my own cut settings again, which work far better than the default ones, as they don't mess up my mat with cuts that are too deep and still have good results.)

I think I'll stick to the older version for now, though I can see why they say they've improved by taking out the cut style features (scissors icon) and replacing it with the line color feature (more customizable/flexible?). I just find it more confusing with the line colors, coz that means you have to do an extra step of choosing a different line color for shapes you want cut than for shapes (like my bleeds) that you don't want to cut. I never know whether changing the line color will cause the printer to print them (has done so in the past, which is annoying when the machine happens to not cut in perfect alignment).

So, until I really get used to that change I guess I'd really prefer the older/simpler version still!

And the majority of my cutting is print and cut, using SSD products! (It's so much fun!)