Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-26-2020, 04:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapping Process

We all have different ways we go about scrapping our layouts. There is no right or wrong way, just processes that are unique to each person. I'm curious what is your scrapping process?
Old 02-26-2020, 04:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I mostly scrap CT or challenge layouts. This helps me focus on one kit or template or theme.
If I'm using a CT template, I choose the kit first, then the photos. If I have photos that I really want to scrap, I'll start there and choose a kit that works with them.
If I'm using a CT kit, I'll choose the template first (if I'm using one), then the photos.
Once all of the "big" decisions are in place, I always start with papers. Then, I go to foliage, then flowers. After that, I add themed elements or strings, etc.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I miss the challenge of a CT tbh. It used to prompt me to come up with layout ideas and get so many pics scrapped. Now I am overwhelmed looking at my photos and trying to figure out how to scrap them etc. I am relying right now on the passport challenges to help prompt me
Old 02-26-2020, 05:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I miss the challenge of a CT tbh. It used to prompt me to come up with layout ideas and get so many pics scrapped. Now I am overwhelmed looking at my photos and trying to figure out how to scrap them etc. I am relying right now on the passport challenges to help prompt me
I totally get that! CTing makes me get layouts done!
Old 02-26-2020, 05:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I tend to work on one photobook at a time. Most of the time that means I'm working on a particular 6-month period, but sometimes I might be focused on a vacation book for a few months. My current project is July to December 2018.

I choose photos, then a template, then a kit. If it's a CT layout the kit comes first but everything else stays the same. Once I've picked my supplies I place my photos and then my papers. Next I do my journaling. After that I usually add paint. Next I place the elements. I don't really have an order that I add elements in--I guess I start with the biggest or most prominent and work down to minor accents. Finally I do my titlework and then shadow.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I find it so much easier if I start with a creative team product, whether that’s a kit or a template. But if I am just starting with photos or an idea, and I have to find a kit and a template to match, it adds an extra layer of stress for me.

but once I get all the things I need ready, I put my photos in first and then my papers. Papers really make me happy. Then I embellish and add journaling. Title last because it's my least favorite.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I chose photos first, then template, then kit (if CT work, it's kit, photos, template).
Once the photos are in, I add papers, flowers, greenery, themed elements, string, paint, scatter, Alpha/word art, journaling and date. Sometimes things get a little out of order...I'll pick a straight ribbon first to make sure it goes with the background paper. Or I'll pick the alpha first to make sure it goes with the background paper. Journaling is almost always last, flowers are always before any other elements.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I have a new kit I want to scrap with and will go searching for photos to go with it, right now I'm in a super random place because I haven't scrapped for such a long time, that I have SOOO many to choose from. I have partial years completed between 2011-2013, then just a few random pages from 2013-current. I am trying to do a "Book of Us" which starts in 2016 for hubs and I; but then also kid books and family book.

I've been using prompts to push me through, but it really just depends on the mood of the day. If hubby is on night shift, I tend to get a lot more pages done and have more creative time. When he's on day shift, we tend to hang out and spend time together after work; so I do a page here or there after he goes to bed.

If I don't have a specific kit in mind, I'm more a photos/template/kit picker.

When I lay out my pages, I do photos on first, then papers, then elements and I usually shadow as I go. Journaling and titles are last; especially titles, I struggle with those THE most.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Most of the time I start with kit or template. Then photos and papers. Then elements are just however I choose that I think I want to add.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Most of the time I start with my photos. Then pick my kit, add papers, ellies and clustering, then journaling and a title.

If its a CT page, kit first, then pick photos.

I currently scrap randomly.... unless its a vacation or special event.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-26-2020, 08:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Photos 90% of the time.

If a kit comes out that I'm just dying to use, I find the photos that will work with that kit. For the most part, I'm always playing catch up. Pictures, Template, then kit. Or kit then template, those are pretty interchangeable.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a folder that already has subfolders with photos + a kit + a template so that's where I usually start if I'm not CT scrapping. I usually place papers first (I use Cindy's the most and she always has lots of fun paper layers), then photos, then elements. If there are a lot of paper layers, I tend not to use many elements. I shadow as I go. If I can use a piece of wordart as a title, I will. Journaling is usually last. If I'm scrapping without a template, I have one or two photos with a bunch of elements clustered around and one paper for the background but in the same order as above.

If I'm CT scrapping, I go into my "To Be Scrapped" folder to find some photos that will match/coordinate the CT kit or template. I rarely just dig in and see what strikes me from my photos or kits but I'm getting pretty caught up on my backlog so I might need to do that sooner rather than later. I guess that's the price you pay for being overly organized.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I mostly work with CT kits so will match photos to the kit(s). When doing challenges, I love to combine kits and will choose a photo to coordinate with the kit(s) and if colors clash, I turn the photo(s) into b/w.

I love to browse thru LR and randomly grab photos, sometimes using a photo I previously scrapped but will crop it differently.

So, I am totally random in my selection of photos and kits (if not CT work).
Old 02-27-2020, 12:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

First, I open said kit, look at the papers and then look through the elements several times to get a better idea for the layout that I'm wanting to scrap.

After looking through the kit, I decide if I need a template. If I do, I open my templates folder and just randomly click one without overthinking it (Scary, right?!)

If a template is used, I adjust the shadows on the papers and merge all the elements together to use a base. Papers get placed until they look right and look like they all belong on the layout.

Then I open up a secondary 12x12 canvas where I go through and pull out all of the elements that I might want to use on my layout. After they are opened, I just start dragging them, and multiple times if I like that element, on to the blank canvas, placing them where they might go. After everything is move over on to that blank canvas, I drag over the merged template elements (if I remember) and scrap the element portion of the layout on the blank canvas. When they all look nice, I drag over the elements to the layout/papers and place them where I think they belong on the finished page.

Then I look through my photos and figure out which photo(s) I want to use on this layout!! I edit my photo(s) and place them.

To finish up the touches, I add the date/location and journaling -- but it's all removed for the web. Lastly, I play and tweak my shadows, trying to make them realistic looking.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 02-27-2020 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wendy you have such an original way of doing things! I would have never known that you place your photos after or that you put your elements on a blank canvas.

I scrap for CTs or challenges only. Otherwise I have no inspiration.

I start with the kit and look for photos to go with it. I usually go from bottom layer to top layer. One by one. Sometimes I start with the ribbons and bows to see what might look good with that combo.

If it's a template I still look for photos and I'll find a kit that matches the colors of my photos.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always start with photos, even if it's a CT page. I will try to find photos that match the kit, and I always place those first, even if I'm not using a template. Then I usually do the clusters. I have the hardest time picking papers, so I save that until the clusters are done. Title and journaling come next, but sometimes I do those right after photos, if I'm feeling inspired. Usually I do paint and scatters last. I shadow as I go along. I kind of love Wendy's method of opening a blank canvas and putting her elements there to use. I resize and rotate a lot though, so not sure how helpful that would be for my particular process. Isn't it interesting how differently we all approach this hobby? I love it!

Old 02-27-2020, 03:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I tend to work on one photobook at a time. Most of the time that means I'm working on a particular 6-month period, but sometimes I might be focused on a vacation book for a few months. My current project is July to December 2018.

I choose photos, then a template, then a kit. If it's a CT layout the kit comes first but everything else stays the same. Once I've picked my supplies I place my photos and then my papers. Next I do my journaling. After that I usually add paint. Next I place the elements. I don't really have an order that I add elements in--I guess I start with the biggest or most prominent and work down to minor accents. Finally I do my titlework and then shadow.
Oh wow, Rachel, so you are truly a chronological scrapper?
Interesting that you add journaling before decorating the layout with elements, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I find it so much easier if I start with a creative team product, whether that’s a kit or a template. But if I am just starting with photos or an idea, and I have to find a kit and a template to match, it adds an extra layer of stress for me.

but once I get all the things I need ready, I put my photos in first and then my papers. Papers really make me happy. Then I embellish and add journaling. Title last because it's my least favorite.
I'm right there with you, Kellie! I find it stressful to have to start without at least one static choice.
I also agree on a title... I love when kits have word art that can be used as a title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I chose photos first, then template, then kit (if CT work, it's kit, photos, template).
Once the photos are in, I add papers, flowers, greenery, themed elements, string, paint, scatter, Alpha/word art, journaling and date. Sometimes things get a little out of order...I'll pick a straight ribbon first to make sure it goes with the background paper. Or I'll pick the alpha first to make sure it goes with the background paper. Journaling is almost always last, flowers are always before any other elements.
So you place flowers before foliage, Dawn? That's interesting. I find the foliage to be almost a backdrop for the flowers.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaT View Post
Sometimes I have a new kit I want to scrap with and will go searching for photos to go with it, right now I'm in a super random place because I haven't scrapped for such a long time, that I have SOOO many to choose from. I have partial years completed between 2011-2013, then just a few random pages from 2013-current. I am trying to do a "Book of Us" which starts in 2016 for hubs and I; but then also kid books and family book.

I've been using prompts to push me through, but it really just depends on the mood of the day. If hubby is on night shift, I tend to get a lot more pages done and have more creative time. When he's on day shift, we tend to hang out and spend time together after work; so I do a page here or there after he goes to bed.

If I don't have a specific kit in mind, I'm more a photos/template/kit picker.

When I lay out my pages, I do photos on first, then papers, then elements and I usually shadow as I go. Journaling and titles are last; especially titles, I struggle with those THE most.
I love shopping and getting all the lovely new kits, but it can really be overwhelming to have SO many beautiful kits to choose from!!

I love the idea of a "Book of Us"!! I'd love to do that someday when I've finished the kids' scrapbooks finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Most of the time I start with kit or template. Then photos and papers. Then elements are just however I choose that I think I want to add.
Kiana, do you find it easier when using a CT kit or challenge, or is it easier for you just to do your own thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Most of the time I start with my photos. Then pick my kit, add papers, ellies and clustering, then journaling and a title.

If its a CT page, kit first, then pick photos.

I currently scrap randomly.... unless its a vacation or special event.
When you start with your photos, do you try to pick a kit that matches them, or do you adjust the tone of the photos?
Old 02-27-2020, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Photos 90% of the time.

If a kit comes out that I'm just dying to use, I find the photos that will work with that kit. For the most part, I'm always playing catch up. Pictures, Template, then kit. Or kit then template, those are pretty interchangeable.
Haha!! I totally get playing catch up!! My kids are 27, 20 & 19... I have about 5 years scrapped for my daughter, but my boys only have 1 year scrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I have a folder that already has subfolders with photos + a kit + a template so that's where I usually start if I'm not CT scrapping. I usually place papers first (I use Cindy's the most and she always has lots of fun paper layers), then photos, then elements. If there are a lot of paper layers, I tend not to use many elements. I shadow as I go. If I can use a piece of wordart as a title, I will. Journaling is usually last. If I'm scrapping without a template, I have one or two photos with a bunch of elements clustered around and one paper for the background but in the same order as above.

If I'm CT scrapping, I go into my "To Be Scrapped" folder to find some photos that will match/coordinate the CT kit or template. I rarely just dig in and see what strikes me from my photos or kits but I'm getting pretty caught up on my backlog so I might need to do that sooner rather than later. I guess that's the price you pay for being overly organized.
What a great idea to have a folder that includes the kit & template!! I buy kits & think of photos that will work with them. Maybe I should add the kit preview in the folder, then I'll remember when I get to the photos?! Hmmm... add that to the to-do list

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I mostly work with CT kits so will match photos to the kit(s). When doing challenges, I love to combine kits and will choose a photo to coordinate with the kit(s) and if colors clash, I turn the photo(s) into b/w.

I love to browse thru LR and randomly grab photos, sometimes using a photo I previously scrapped but will crop it differently.

So, I am totally random in my selection of photos and kits (if not CT work).
I love combining kits, too, Rae! It's fun to put random pieces together.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

First, I open said kit, look at the papers and then look through the elements several times to get a better idea for the layout that I'm wanting to scrap.

After looking through the kit, I decide if I need a template. If I do, I open my templates folder and just randomly click one without overthinking it (Scary, right?!)

If a template is used, I adjust the shadows on the papers and merge all the elements together to use a base. Papers get placed until they look right and look like they all belong on the layout.

Then I open up a secondary 12x12 canvas where I go through and pull out all of the elements that I might want to use on my layout. After they are opened, I just start dragging them, and multiple times if I like that element, on to the blank canvas, placing them where they might go. After everything is move over on to that blank canvas, I drag over the merged template elements (if I remember) and scrap the element portion of the layout on the blank canvas. When they all look nice, I drag over the elements to the layout/papers and place them where I think they belong on the finished page.

Then I look through my photos and figure out which photo(s) I want to use on this layout!! I edit my photo(s) and place them.

To finish up the touches, I add the date/location and journaling -- but it's all removed for the web. Lastly, I play and tweak my shadows, trying to make them realistic looking.

ROFL! Wendy, your gifs always have me laughing!!
Okay, so first off, I'm amazed (and scared) that you just randomly grab a template! If I don't have a CT template, I agonize over it!!
How interesting that you create your clusters on a blank canvas! What is the reasoning behind that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Wendy you have such an original way of doing things! I would have never known that you place your photos after or that you put your elements on a blank canvas.

I scrap for CTs or challenges only. Otherwise I have no inspiration.

I start with the kit and look for photos to go with it. I usually go from bottom layer to top layer. One by one. Sometimes I start with the ribbons and bows to see what might look good with that combo.

If it's a template I still look for photos and I'll find a kit that matches the colors of my photos.
I totally understand only scrapping for CTs and challenges, Lea! Sometimes it's overwhelming otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I always start with photos, even if it's a CT page. I will try to find photos that match the kit, and I always place those first, even if I'm not using a template. Then I usually do the clusters. I have the hardest time picking papers, so I save that until the clusters are done. Title and journaling come next, but sometimes I do those right after photos, if I'm feeling inspired. Usually I do paint and scatters last. I shadow as I go along. I kind of love Wendy's method of opening a blank canvas and putting her elements there to use. I resize and rotate a lot though, so not sure how helpful that would be for my particular process. Isn't it interesting how differently we all approach this hobby? I love it!
Ally, it's so interesting that you do your papers after photos & elements!!

I think it's fascinating how each of us approach scrapping in our own way, and find what works for us!
Old 02-27-2020, 04:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a interesting thread! I love reading everyone's approach!

Here's what I do (and please excuse my bad grammar!). I unzip the kit and then arrange all the generic elements: all buttons, flairs, brad, staples etc are in a folder called "buttons", all ribbons, bows, laces, strings, tapes are "ribbons" and so on, until I'm left with the themed elements. I take a look at the papers and the word art, to understand what the designer wanted to create. Then I decide if I want to use a photo or not (most times I don't). Then I go to each folder and select what I want to use (I always end up using 75% of the elements and 1-3 papers). I load them all together (File -> Scripts -> Load files into stack), hide them all but one paper, and then I make visible one layer at a time, starting with the themed elements and the word art. The only problem is that I have to move the layers a lot (they are loaded alphabetically, and paint is above ribbons! Horror!). I must admit that I use a template only when I have to, and this almost random placement speeds up my process. I add a shadow as I go, and at the end I check if everything is shadowed and finally I play with the shadows (this part is the longest!).
Old 02-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
ROFL! Wendy, your gifs always have me laughing!!
Okay, so first off, I'm amazed (and scared) that you just randomly grab a template! If I don't have a CT template, I agonize over it!!
How interesting that you create your clusters on a blank canvas! What is the reasoning behind that?
I'm not exactly sure. A few years ago I was doing the clusters on the layer/area where I wanted them. Then one day I opened a blank canvas because I couldn't "see" the cluster that I was working on. I had started working on a fresh/bright background where I could see what was being placed and where and I realized it was SO much easier clustering. It was about that time when my clusters started working and weren't just three flowers in a triangle with two leaves sticking out! I think the papers and layers were confusing me and I needed to see a blank slate. It worked for me and something that I've done since then. When I save my layout, I also save my clusters/elements canvas so I have them for future uses.

As far as the templates, I HATE overthinking. I can mess myself up for days with overthinking. I've found that randomness is often the best blessing (for me). Maybe it's why I don't use a lot of templates? Although lately with Amber and Lorie making amazing templates I've been using them again!!
Old 02-27-2020, 07:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post

Here's what I do (and please excuse my bad grammar!). I unzip the kit and then arrange all the generic elements: all buttons, flairs, brad, staples etc are in a folder called "buttons", all ribbons, bows, laces, strings, tapes are "ribbons" and so on, until I'm left with the themed elements. I take a look at the papers and the word art, to understand what the designer wanted to create. Then I decide if I want to use a photo or not (most times I don't). Then I go to each folder and select what I want to use (I always end up using 75% of the elements and 1-3 papers). I load them all together (File -> Scripts -> Load files into stack), hide them all but one paper, and then I make visible one layer at a time, starting with the themed elements and the word art. The only problem is that I have to move the layers a lot (they are loaded alphabetically, and paint is above ribbons! Horror!). I must admit that I use a template only when I have to, and this almost random placement speeds up my process. I add a shadow as I go, and at the end I check if everything is shadowed and finally I play with the shadows (this part is the longest!).
I'm going to give this a try!!! Sounds like it would be fun!

**edited**
I gave this a try and it just loaded all the elements one on top of each other in the corner. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 02-27-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

No need to apologize, Cindy!!
What an interesting process you have!! I love your creative layouts!

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure. A few years ago I was doing the clusters on the layer/area where I wanted them. Then one day I opened a blank canvas because I couldn't "see" the cluster that I was working on. I had started working on a fresh/bright background where I could see what was being placed and where and I realized it was SO much easier clustering. It was about that time when my clusters started working and weren't just three flowers in a triangle with two leaves sticking out! I think the papers and layers were confusing me and I needed to see a blank slate. It worked for me and something that I've done since then. When I save my layout, I also save my clusters/elements canvas so I have them for future uses.

As far as the templates, I HATE overthinking. I can mess myself up for days with overthinking. I've found that randomness is often the best blessing (for me). Maybe it's why I don't use a lot of templates? Although lately with Amber and Lorie making amazing templates I've been using them again!!
I'm going to give that a try this week! Your reasoning makes sense.

LOL! You know overthinking and I are good buddies

I agree about Amber & Lorie's templates!!
Old 02-28-2020, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I wish I had your skills for clustering.
You and other ladies here rock your clusters! I'm still at the triangle flowers and leaves stage like you mentioned. lol
Old 02-28-2020, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm going to give this a try!!! Sounds like it would be fun!

**edited**
I gave this a try and it just loaded all the elements one on top of each other in the corner. Am I doing something wrong?
No, that's what this script does. It'd be cooler if they were placed all over the canvas, wouldn't it?
It works for me, but I guess it's overwhelming too...
Old 02-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
No, that's what this script does. It'd be cooler if they were placed all over the canvas, wouldn't it?
I understand. When I read it, I took it as it just randomly placed it on the page throughout the page, not just on top of each other in the corner. And yes, that would be cool if it just threw a little here, a little there and all over!

Thank you for getting back to me about it! I do like that when I have a lot of stuff to move over so I will be using that feature for sure. I never knew it existed until yesterday! So thank you for teaching me something new!
Old 02-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

If I am on a CT of a kit designer, I start off with the kit, then look for photos. (I did not start using templates until very recently when I guested for a template designer for 4 months, so my thought process before then rarely included looking for a template. Interestingly enough, when I finished my stint, I freaked out a bit because I almost forgot how to do a LO without a template. LOL) When I was a guest CT for that template designer, I started off with the template, then looked for photos, and then looked for a kit (I tend to be a one-kit scrapper).

I almost always put the photo(s) first. Then I choose the first background paper -- I say first, because I'm always switching it out. If I'm not working with a template, I think of other papers I might want to use and then play around with placement and size of those papers, always being mindful of where I may want to put my journaling; I usually have in mind what I want to say. Then I choose a few elements. I'm NOT good making clusters, so mine are quite simple. I then look for a font that I want to use for the journaling. Then I make the title, which is often a font that I usually add a border to.

If I'm working with a template, I usually do it in the same order.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I wish I had your skills for clustering.
You and other ladies here rock your clusters! I'm still at the triangle flowers and leaves stage like you mentioned. lol
Quote:
Quote:
I understand. When I read it, I took it as it just randomly placed it on the page throughout the page, not just on top of each other in the corner. And yes, that would be cool if it just threw a little here, a little there and all over!

Thank you for getting back to me about it! I do like that when I have a lot of stuff to move over so I will be using that feature for sure. I never knew it existed until yesterday! So thank you for teaching me something new!
I absolutely LOVE that we can learn and support each other! You ladies are amaze-balls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
If I am on a CT of a kit designer, I start off with the kit, then look for photos. (I did not start using templates until very recently when I guested for a template designer for 4 months, so my thought process before then rarely included looking for a template. Interestingly enough, when I finished my stint, I freaked out a bit because I almost forgot how to do a LO without a template. LOL) When I was a guest CT for that template designer, I started off with the template, then looked for photos, and then looked for a kit (I tend to be a one-kit scrapper).

I almost always put the photo(s) first. Then I choose the first background paper -- I say first, because I'm always switching it out. If I'm not working with a template, I think of other papers I might want to use and then play around with placement and size of those papers, always being mindful of where I may want to put my journaling; I usually have in mind what I want to say. Then I choose a few elements. I'm NOT good making clusters, so mine are quite simple. I then look for a font that I want to use for the journaling. Then I make the title, which is often a font that I usually add a border to.

If I'm working with a template, I usually do it in the same order.
I can spend forever looking for "just the right font"!! Let's not even start on that. LOL!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I can spend forever looking for "just the right font"!! Let's not even start on that. LOL!
I use THE SAME font on all my pages! (unless I have to use something for a challenge.) Best decision I've ever made in my entire scrapping life. Doesn't stop me from collecting free fonts though, lol!

Old 02-28-2020, 06:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I use THE SAME font on all my pages! (unless I have to use something for a challenge.) Best decision I've ever made in my entire scrapping life. Doesn't stop me from collecting free fonts though, lol!
Oh wow... I don't think I could do that. LOL!! But, it really would make life easier, though!!! Hmmm... maybe I need to go through and pick out a few contenders.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
what is the font that you use?
Old 02-28-2020, 07:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It’s called Typewriter Condensed Demi

Old 02-28-2020, 07:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

MOST of the time I have a CT kit/template to use- so I usually look for photos that match that theme, etc. If I'm completing a challenge or something- then it's photos first! I always go with Papers, then embellishments. I'm weird too & PULL ALL the embellies onto the layout & move them around until I like them! lol!
Old 02-28-2020, 08:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It’s called Typewriter Condensed Demi
A font I don't have... LOL! I guess I need a new font Thanks, Ally!!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Kiana, do you find it easier when using a CT kit or challenge, or is it easier for you just to do your own thing?
Just depends on what I'm scrapping. Templates are the hardest and most time consuming for me.