Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-21-2020, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 02/21

It's been a fun week of games, challenges and shopping here at SSD! I think today's questions will center around our favorite hobby....scrapping!
  1. Favorite element you use over and over again?
  2. Least favorite element that you almost never use?
  3. Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically?
  4. Where do you scrap?
  5. Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking?
Old 02-21-2020, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again?
I love flowers and most of my pages have them. It's fun to cluster with a variety of flowers and greenery. I really love sunflowers.

Least favorite element that you almost never use?
Bows. I love ribbon strips and long curly ribbon but not bows. I will use them but not very often.

Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically?
I scrap almost daily, it's a part of my morning routine, before I start my desk job and then throughout the day and sometimes into the night as I have an old computer in the LR that although isn't as big or fast as the one downstairs in my office, it works (just slower).

Where do you scrap?
Mostly downstairs in my office. I have a setup I love with a laptop for tv shows/movies and two monitors for scrapping. I need a more comfortable chair and will start looking at sales and figure out which to get (lucky me, my daughter works at an office supply store so I get a discount).

Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking?
I started out as a minimalist scrapper, then somewhere along the way I started using multiple papers and filling up the page more. I cluster a lot more now than I did before and this past year have come to love templates too....so yes, I'd say my style has changed over the last couple of yrs.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Favorite element you use over and over again?

Oh man...I guess flowers. My layouts typically have one or two.

2. Least favorite element that you almost never use?

Feathers! I never know what to do with a feather. lol

3. Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically?

Pretty much daily. I may not scrap a full, complete page daily but I might work on one that takes a few days to complete. I don't like to let them sit for too long though.

4. Where do you scrap?

Mostly at home in my living room. Sometimes at work on my lunch break.

5. Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking?

My shadow work is sooooooo much better. My layouts looked so much better when I stopped using the preset shadows in PSE. Haha! Those are not made for scrappers. My cluster work has definitely evolved, too.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again? It's a toss up between Paint and Buttons.... I love both equally, and not very often do I do a page that doesn't have at least one or the other.

Least favorite element that you almost never use? Hmmmm, good question. I had to go through my stash and just look at a couple kits to figure it out.... Paper clips.... I hardly touch frames and rarely use alphas also, but I want to use them more so they are a work in progress.

Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically? I try to daily. even if it's just picking at the same page a little at a time all week long.

Where do you scrap? In my "office nook" (which is in an awkward part of the livingroom that was useless until I put a desk in it. lol). I go through phases..... I'll go years with only using a laptop so I can move, but lately I've been enjoying having one spot to be and have been using hubbies desktop.

Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking? Definitely!! I am way more comfortable with flowers now, I use them on everything (it was a struggle since I only have boys to scrap about, but I've learned to use and LOVE flowers on everything. I also wasn't much on layering.... so my layouts in my early years were very basic with on 1 or 2 papers, and only an element here and there.... certainly no clusters like I throw on every page now!
Old 02-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again? I don't really have one, I don't think. I just use all the basic elements, per Cindy's templates.
Least favorite element that you almost never use? I HATE washi tape; I can never make it look realistic.
Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically? Almost daily, it depends on my energy level. I always have scrapping on the brain, though.
Where do you scrap? I have an office downstairs that doesn't connect well to the wifi, so I like to go down there when I really want to focus on scrapping. Otherwise I like to sit in the living room so I can be close to my peeps.
Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking? Yes, but I've been digital scrapbooking since 2004, so I'd say it's more that I found my groove. (And also I found Cindy's templates. ; )
Old 02-21-2020, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again? Definitely flowers.
Least favorite element that you almost never use? I would say alphas. Since most kits already include wordarts, I use those in lieu of alphas for title work.
Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically? I scrap almost daily.
Where do you scrap? At dd's bedroom because the pc with working Photoshop is there. Hubby will be creating a new work/office space so I'll be moving there when finished.
Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking? Absolutely! I tend to cluster more now than before. Also, I never used templates when I first started until I joined a template designer's CT in 2011. Since then, I had become very dependent on templates when I scrap. I miss the old times when I used to formulate the idea in my head on how to design my page.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hard to pick just one! I'd say stars, greenery, paint, and flowers all get a mention.

Alphas. They're so tedious to place! I'd much rather type my title in a font then apply a style.

Daily. The amount of time I spend on it varies greatly, but at least a few minutes every day.

Where do you scrap?
Mostly at my desk in the family room, but my computer is a laptop so I'll scrap anywhere.

I started in 2004, so styles in general have changed. I've always been a paper-style scrapper and wanted my photos to be the center of attention on my pages. Other than that, lots has changed. I use a lot more layers, make clusters, etc.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Flowers & stitches as well as unique themed elements

chunky frames

daily...it keeps me sane!

Where do you scrap?
My desk is in our kids' playroom which is between our kitchen and living room (we live in an OLD farmhouse), so it's kind of in the middle of our house...not much quiet while the kids are home!

Well, when I first started, I had no clue about the rule of thirds or shadowing, or clustering, or pretty much anything...so it has changed drastically! I was originally a paper scrapper!
Old 02-21-2020, 11:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Right now..... flowers and paint

Big fat frames..... lol.... and I only use alphas occasionally. I'm too lazy and only use for a short title or a name.

Almost daily.

Where do you scrap?

In the day time... on my desktop in the playroom while I wait for my littles to arrive and when they nap.
In the evening... on my laptop in my recliner in front of the TV

Oh gosh.... In the beginning I hardly used any clusters.... my shadows were horrific, when I FINALLY learned about shadows. I do a lot with layers and paint now.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-22-2020, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again? I like to use almost all types of elements.

Least favorite element that you almost never use? I'm not a huge fan of themed elements (drawn people or objects). I think they are cute to look at and appreciate them from an artistic perspective, but I don't really care for them on my pages.

Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically? Almost daily. I can spend days on a single layout.

Where do you scrap? Usually at one of my desks or on the couch.

Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking? My style has been pretty consistent for many years.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again? - flowers, flowers and more flowers
Least favorite element that you almost never use? - hmmm, not sure about that. i don't think i have a least favorite element that i almost never use but if i do have to pick one, it's vellum elements. i have a hard time using those (allthough I do use them).
Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically? - i try to scrap daily...but if have to do a lot around the house, it's every other day
Where do you scrap? - i scrap in the livingroom at my diningroom table
Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking? - oh yes, it sure has....i went from clean & simple to using way tooooooo many elements
Old 02-22-2020, 11:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again? Paint splatters or scatters
Least favorite element that you almost never use? Flowers -- I scrap mainly for my son, and I just don't like using flowers on his layouts. I don't like using things that are too dimensional, like the strings with pom pom balls, as I would never use them in paper scrapbooking.
Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically? Unfortunately, it's sporadically, but mainly on the weekends. I work full-time outside the home, and many times I am just too tired after dinner. If I scrap during the week, it's because I'm working on challenges.
Where do you scrap? I have a desktop computer, which is in our computer room.
Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking? Yes. I use more elements than I used to. Even so, I'm still a simple scrapbooker. When I get comments on my layouts that have clusters (which are usually 3 to 5 items), the comment is "I like your little clusters." They aren't little to me, though. LOL

Last edited by lizziej; 02-22-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Flowers on every page and I also love butterflies
Paper clips (because I feel like it's a lot of work to erase to make it hold the paper realistically --so I like it when a designer includes an already-clipped note card or something) and "plastic things"-- like toys or super chunky things. I think that the paper scrapper inside me looks at these & thinks "now, how would that fit into a page protector?!?"
In the past year and a half, I have gone from "sporadically" to "almost daily" and I'm soooo happy I have!!
Where do you scrap?
On my laptop on the couch. It's really uncomfortable, but it's my best/only option for now
When I first really started scrapbooking (paper), I was so fast. When I started to learn about digital scrapbooking, I thought of it as a way to be even faster. I've since slowed way down, now I probably get 3 flowers placed in the same amount of time that I used to finish a whole page, lol. But I'm much happier with the result!!
Also, I'm much more cognizant of the size of elements now. I look at some of my older pages & think, "wow, that's a super big staple!" etc. Lol

Last edited by knittingbec; 02-22-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Curly ribbons
Washi tape
Almost daily unless something gets in the way
Where do you scrap?
On my couch.
Yes, I went from a photo book type layout to much more embellishment
Old 02-23-2020, 06:44 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Acrylic buttons and paint splatters.

Least favourite element that you almost never use?
Banners or feathers. I just can't get either to work realistically for me in my layouts.

It depends. At the moment, almost daily. But for most of last year, it was more sporadic.

Where do you scrap?
From my laptop, usually on the couch (at night when the kids are in bed).

Looking back, not a lot. The fundamentals are still there - I like multiple photos to a page and layouts always contain journalling.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 02-23-2020, 06:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Favorite element you use over and over again? paint
Least favorite element that you almost never use? buttons and flowers
Do you scrap daily, almost daily or sporadically? very sporadically due to health and also the fact I am job hunting so any computer time is used for that
Where do you scrap? just my bedroom
Has your style changed since when you first started scrapbooking? still fairly simple but I've developed in terms of my shadow work thanks to styles

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-23-2020, 11:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Paper clips (because I feel like it's a lot of work to erase to make it hold the paper realistically --so I like it when a designer includes an already-clipped note card or something) and "plastic things"-- like toys or super chunky things. I think that the paper scrapper inside me looks at these & thinks "now, how would that fit into a page protector?!?"
Hahahahahahaha! ME TOO! Remember how weird and stretched out the page protectors would get if you put anything thicker than a paper clip in them!?

Old 02-23-2020, 11:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Flowers, foliage, and string. Love that stuff.
Clips--I love the way others use them, but when I do it, it looks fake and silly. Maybe someone should make a tutorial for the dimensionally-challenged like me?
Every day, usually. Sometimes if I'm feeling a little depressed or need to get All the Things done, I take a little break.
Where do you scrap?
Our sun room, which also is our school room and my "office."
Well, I guess. I started out paper scrapping. Like Rachel (maybe?) said, I have always wanted my photos to be front and center, and I've always used a lot (too many?) of them on each page. But I've grown to also use a lot of everything else (again, too many, lol?) I've learned that while I appreciate the simple, lots of white space, minimalist look that others achieve, I do best when I follow my mantra that "more is more."