Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-29-2020, 10:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann
Default OLW 2021

2021 is just a few days away! I honestly can not believe how fast the year has gone. Even with the lockdowns and uncertainty and constant feeling of groundhogs day it still seemed to fly by.

Anywho every year, I TRY (emphasis on the try) to choose one word or even a phrase and stick with it for the year. A theme for my year, well the last 2 years I have failed miserably, as I usually do with most long term projects LOL. But I'd like to try and pick a word for 2021 and stick with it.

Anyone else picking a word for 2021? What's your word?
Old 12-29-2020, 10:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I have ever done this project. I like the idea though.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I picked a word every year. I had one this year but I failed so terribly I don’t even remember my word.
I haven’t picked a word for this year but when I opened this topic and I saw “try” , the word inspired me immediately. So maybe that is an option for me.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think focus is going to be my word this year. I'm not 100% set on it yet though.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Honestly I can't remember last year's OLW - or if I even had one??

This year, I'm heading in to 2021 with "Change" as my OLW. I know we have a lot of changes coming in 2021 and with that change, I'm also bringing Free/Freedom, Respect as well as Boundaries in to the new year. I know I have a rough year ahead of me, but I am actually really excited to see where 2021 takes not just myself, but my entire family!
Old 12-29-2020, 02:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I'm beginning to lean towards embrace.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I try to pick a word to represent my overall goal for the year. For 2021 my word will be PURSUE.

There are so many things I want to pursue, such as:
  • purging the basement of whatever won't need to go with us to a new home inthe next few yrs.
  • Sell off the remaining photography stuff I don't need anymore.
  • To help with my plant based diet, I want to put together a cookbook of go-to recipes and meal plans.
  • One of the hardest will be get rid of my old scrapbook supplies as I know I'll never paper scrap again but it's so hard to let go of yrs of supplies that have so many good memories for me.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I try to pick a word to represent my overall goal for the year. For 2021 my word will be PURSUE.

There are so many things I want to pursue, such as:
  • purging the basement of whatever won't need to go with us to a new home inthe next few yrs.
  • Sell off the remaining photography stuff I don't need anymore.
  • To help with my plant based diet, I want to put together a cookbook of go-to recipes and meal plans.
  • One of the hardest will be get rid of my old scrapbook supplies as I know I'll never paper scrap again but it's so hard to let go of yrs of supplies that have so many good memories for me.
You want to share any of your go-to-recipes?
My oldest is a vegan and cooking for her has been . . . .um . . .hard
I have one Keto, one Vegan, one practically vegetarian and a little kid who is picky and wants to live off of Dino Chicken Nuggets!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm going to try Intentional. As in, whatever I'm doing do it with intent and focus. I tried focus a few years ago and I thought this would be a good one to try.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have tried and failed at OLW as well. One year my word was ‘complete’......didn’t happen, lol.
I am thinking of ‘kind’, ‘focus’ or ‘happy’.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:13 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm going with Forgive.

I need to forgive people who didn't take/still aren't taking the pandemic seriously.

Basically I have to forgive people who aren't ready to hold themselves accountable. No one is perfect, including me, but you can't improve what you willfully won't see. The other people I need to forgive kind of all fall in that same category.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Honestly I can't remember last year's OLW - or if I even had one??

This year, I'm heading in to 2021 with "Change" as my OLW. I know we have a lot of changes coming in 2021 and with that change, I'm also bringing Free/Freedom, Respect as well as Boundaries in to the new year. I know I have a rough year ahead of me, but I am actually really excited to see where 2021 takes not just myself, but my entire family!
Wendy!! You're back?! I sent you a facebook PM around Christmas but seems you didn't get it. Glad to see you here!

I don't really do OLW. I can't remember what I picked last year... I can't remember what I did yesterday so... here is that. haha
Old 12-30-2020, 06:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've tried to do OLW in the past, but have failed terribly! I thought about doing it this year, but I don't know if I have the stick-to-itness that I need.
After so much chaos from the last couple of years, I really need "List" or "organize"... we'll see. LOL!
Old 12-30-2020, 06:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My word is hearten (to make more cheerful or confident). I'll be making my Facebook banner with my OLW tonight so I can change it January 1. I already received my personalized jewelry from Etsy to wear that has "hearten" engraved into it.

I've decided I'll be writing one thank you/heartening letter per week (or an email in a pinch) and not just to my friends and family but also people from my past, celebrities and other people I don't have a personal connection to, people like my kids' teachers that I just have a professional relationship with, etc. I'm excited to see how that project will turn out.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
My word is hearten (to make more cheerful or confident). I'll be making my Facebook banner with my OLW tonight so I can change it January 1. I already received my personalized jewelry from Etsy to wear that has "hearten" engraved into it.

I've decided I'll be writing one thank you/heartening letter per week (or an email in a pinch) and not just to my friends and family but also people from my past, celebrities and other people I don't have a personal connection to, people like my kids' teachers that I just have a professional relationship with, etc. I'm excited to see how that project will turn out.
That sounds like a really cool project LeeAndra!
Old 12-30-2020, 09:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Wendy!! You're back?! I sent you a facebook PM around Christmas but seems you didn't get it. Glad to see you here!

I don't really do OLW. I can't remember what I picked last year... I can't remember what I did yesterday so... here is that. haha
yes and no. I'm checking in here and there, but not the mental space to scrap.

I'll have to check my fb. Haven't been on that one for a bit, but I do check the other fb quite regularly at the moment.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’ve been thinking about it but haven’t decided on anything yet....a few that are rolling around my head include change, health or learn....I’m leaning towards change as it somewhat incorporates health and learn in a way.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-31-2020, 03:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am thinking about going with reset. This year was kind of a mess with most goals for me with the whole covid/quarantine thing. I would like to reset myself and work on myself further. I was doing so well in 2019 and then 2020.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

After much thought I may try Focus but with subcategories for me to focus on such as; health, heart (happy), home and hobbies.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is my 12th year choosing a word. My OLW for 2020 was fearless. I think that it was a good word. There were times, with so many unknowns and so many crazy times, that I was quite fearful. I had to stop and remind myself to work through it and move past it. It was a purposeful word.

I chose my 2021 word around October. The word I chose is strong. One of the criterion that I use in choosing a word is that it needs to be broad enough to reflect more than one area of my life... multipurpose in a way. So, while I chose the word with the idea of physical strength in my mind there are many areas I can work on strengthening. I decided on this word one day when I stumbled across a bracelet that reads 'store today, strong tomorrow' and was so struck by such a simple idea that I couldn't get it out of my head. So there it is... strong. Strong body. Strong mind. Strong relationships. Strong goals.