Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's so much fun to look at everyone's houses! Here's ours before we closed, so spring 2005. I love it. I'd enlarge the kitchen and back yard if I could, but that's about it.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe Pearn View Post
Ooh - this one is soooo pretty!! Reminds me of a house I used to pass on the way to school each day and I used to tell my parents it was my dream house - it had one of those attic windows too!
Thanks! I loved it. Cried when we sold it, but it needed to be done. I never was a fan of old houses before, but after having this one, I really love them now. It was built in like that 1920s.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Love seeing everyone's homes!
Here's our place: (the backyard fireplace is what sold us on this house. We moved in last July).

Penny
Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

Here is a scrapbook page about our current house. Hopefully we will be moving this summer, though.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to coopert

Wow, Penny, your house and back and gorgeous! I think that fireplace would sell me too.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Springmann View Post
Love seeing everyone's homes!
Here's our place: (the backyard fireplace is what sold us on this house. We moved in last July).

Wow, Penny, your house is GORGEOUS! I love the backyard fireplace too!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Penny, your house is FABULOUS! Where do you live? and I LOVE the backyard fireplace!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Gorgeous, Penny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I never was a fan of old houses before, but after having this one, I really love them now. It was built in like that 1920s.
LOL--I'm the opposite. I've always loved history and wanted an older house. After seeing how much work and maintenance a newer home requires, I've decided I'll have to admire the historical ones from a distance.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Super busy lately and just seeing this thread- how fun! I want a house like Penny's but... I'm building what I call my dream house right now (I say that because it's as close to my dream as I can get with my teacher salary!)

But here's my current house- it's on the market almost 4 weeks now and still no big offers, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. I think it's cute!

This is where me and my laptop live... I need a desktop I guess, but this room is so cozy.

And out back where the kids want to spend all their time.

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schock77 View Post
Super busy lately and just seeing this thread- how fun! I want a house like Penny's but... I'm building what I call my dream house right now (I say that because it's as close to my dream as I can get with my teacher salary!)

But here's my current house- it's on the market almost 4 weeks now and still no big offers, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. I think it's cute!

This is where me and my laptop live... I need a desktop I guess, but this room is so cozy.

And out back where the kids want to spend all their time.
Holy cow! That's like how doctors and lawyers live around here. That's amazing you can get all that on a teacher's salary!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well my husband works too but... home prices are still good in Texas! And the previous poster is right, everything is bigger in Texas! My house is 2313 sqft, and we're asking 207,900... when I look in other parts of the country, those numbers on both ends are unheard of! Now every knows "where" I am when I'm online too- ha ha!

Old 05-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another Texas girl here, LOL! so here's yet another HUGE, relatively low priced house ours is 4,000 sq feet and would probably sell right now for around $300,000. We bought it 7 years ago for $240,000.

I just couldn't resist using this photo - the most snow we've ever had in my 10 years living in Austin, LOL! We have an awesome multi-level deck out back that my hubby built. it's surrounded by big oak trees - lots of shade! we spend a lot of time out there!

Nikki's house is my DREAM. I love southern style homes with huge porches...some day!! And Penny, WOW - yours is so gorgeous!!!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
Penny, your house is FABULOUS! Where do you live? and I LOVE the backyard fireplace!!!!
Thanks, ladies. I never thought I would be able to live in a home like this, but we made a good amount of money on our home in FL (Sold it for our full asking price to people who bought it based on the pictures online...They didn't see the house in person until the walk through at closing!!) and moving from Orlando to AR worked in our favor price-wise as well.

The people who lived here before us had the fireplace made to match a picture they saw in an issue of Southern Living.

Stephanie - I LOVE your living room (scrapping room) it looks so cozy! The fireplace is gorgeous! I'm sure you'll sell it soon!

Penny
Old 05-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, that's it, we are moving to Texas! lol! I can't believe the prices for those houses! Could the houses be cheaper because there is no basement? Here, about every house has a basement.

Here, I live in a regular townhouse, built in 1984, in a crappy neighbourhood, and it would sell easily for 185 000 - 195 000$. It has three bedrooms, 2 full baths, and about 1200 square feet with a really small backyard. On the plus side, we gutted the garage, installed a patio door and renovated it so it could become a nice living room. The kitchen and baths are also renovated.

We like it because it is located about 2 minutes from DH's workplace and we don't have a mortgage. And the basement is not finished, so we are planning to renovate and create a big master suite with a full bath down there.

Here is one of the neighbourhing units that is for sale, that has only 2 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths and it is not a corner unit (ours is a corner unit). They asking price is 174 000 $

http://passerelle.centris.ca/Redirec...OR.CA&Langue=F
Old 05-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, Texas is the place to be. Here, you could get a pretty new house, 3bedrooms, 2000sq feet for like, 130,000.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ditto that - Texas is definitely the place to be! even though the prices are low, they have actually held their value really well despite whats been going on in the economy.

And no, we don't have basements (definitely not in the Austin/central texas area!). We can't even dig out gardens around here because its solid rock about 8 inches below the top. This whole area sits on top of limestone.

but with 4K sq feet...who needs one? LOL!

So that's it...you should ALL move here! wow, we'd have some rockin' digi crop parties, LOL!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Penny you lived in Orlando? what area did you live in?

Quote:
Thanks, ladies. I never thought I would be able to live in a home like this, but we made a good amount of money on our home in FL (Sold it for our full asking price to people who bought it based on the pictures online...They didn't see the house in person until the walk through at closing!!) and moving from Orlando to AR worked in our favor price-wise as well.

The people who lived here before us had the fireplace made to match a picture they saw in an issue of Southern Living.

Stephanie - I LOVE your living room (scrapping room) it looks so cozy! The fireplace is gorgeous! I'm sure you'll sell it soon!

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
Penny you lived in Orlando? what area did you live in?
We lived out by UCF.

Penny
Old 05-15-2010, 07:01 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I haven't seen one like mine yet, so I thought I would share. It's not a huge home but I really do love it! We're in the midwest so it is a ranch that has a walk-out basement that has a HUGE family room that includes my office and the school room. We have 4 bedrooms too.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE all the houses on this thread!! It's so fun seeing them from different parts of the world.

I haven't seen any houses representing the southwest - stucco and tile roofs, so I thought I'd post mine. Basements are rare here, although pools aren't, so not sure why it's that much more difficult to dig a basement. We also don't have much attic space, so the 3rd garage becomes our storage area.

Took this picture the other day.

The backyard is being fixed up right now so this picture is from last summer.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

not to far from where we live now so I know that area really well. Probably sold at a really good time because the Waterford Lakes/Avalon Park area is crazy crowded now.
Quote:
We lived out by UCF.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have spent a lot of time in San Antonio and the prices shocked me. So afforable, seems even more afforable than where I live in North Dakota.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

ok, I think I need to move to Texas now! lol

Theresa's Addiction

Siggy created with Girl Crazy by Melissa Bennett.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tborntreger View Post
ok, I think I need to move to Texas now! lol
I know just the house for you too! Hee hee- shameless plug to sell my house! The bad neighbor I wanted to move from has his house up sale too, so my current house is looking even better.