Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-27-2019, 07:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default August 2019: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Routine
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : 5 Pocket Cards
Scrap a layout using at least 5 pocket cards.
SugarBabe Krista is a master, so check out her gallery for inspiration.

#3. Featured : Christine + Janet
Our featured designer articles have been expanded since we started our alphabet inspired series, and are showcased on the blog each time a new designer goes into the spotlight. Your challenge is to use any solo product from one of our featured designers this month PLUS discover something from either Christine or Janet's interviews this month to use as inspiration for a layout, be sure to tell us what inspired you in your gallery comments!

The following are a few ideas on how you may glean inspiration from a FD interview... Using this interview with Meg [featured in December] ... You might be inspired by the red and white cookie jars in her kitchen to scrap a red & white layout. Maybe you'd like to include the quote she shared “The Best Thing About Memories Is Making Them” on your page, maybe you were inspired by the letter “G” to scrap your own OLW starting with the letter G... or perhaps you might simply want to lift one of the layouts created by the Babes to show off the FD freebie. It’s totally up to YOU to decide how you'd want to be loosely inspired by one of our FD blog posts.

#4. Inspired By : Rainbows
Scrappers use a rainbow of colors in amazing ways on their pages, so get creative with papers and elements to create a page that uses a rainbow of colors. Here’s some inspiration from our paper scrapbooking friends:

#5. List : Schedule
Scrap a layout featuring a simple list of your or a loved ones daily/weekly schedule.

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Ugly Location
Take the Cozy Clicks Ugly Location Challenge! Scrap your finished photo and share a photo of your ugly location in your tracker post!

#8. Quote : Use the following quote on your page.
Keep Life Simple

#9. Seasonal : National Tell A Joke Day
In honor of National Tell A Joke Day on August 16th, scrap a silly layout that includes a joke or riddle or something that brings your family laughter.

#10. Typography : Block & Script
Combine block and script fonts or alphabets to create an eye catching title on your next page!

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Explore Design Principles
Apply at least two of these design principles in a composition that makes your next layout stand out!

#13. Journal : Every Single Day
Journal about one thing you do every single day. Why do you do it? Who do you do it for? Do you love it, like it, hate it? What drives you to keep doing it?

#14. Currently : Doing...

#15. Color : Scrap with this month’s color swatch.
It should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
** You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown [use 2, or 3, or all 5] **

#16. Rewind / Flashback : Color Blocking
Color blocking was a massive trend in scrapbook pages of the past and while the trend may have been replaced with pocket scrapbooking, classics like these are still beautiful! Take inspiration from the following examples to create your own color blocked page!

#17. Scrap Stash : Every : Day : Everyday Word Art
Use word art from your stash that includes the words every, day, or everyday!

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 07-27-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can passport pages be combined with the getaway pages? I'm thinking not but I wanted to ask anyway just in case and I probably won't be the only one wondering about it
Old 08-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Can passport pages be combined with the getaway pages? I'm thinking not but I wanted to ask anyway just in case and I probably won't be the only one wondering about it
Hahah yasss! It's going to be a hella busy month if not, haha.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Anyone want to give me the lowdown on how to play?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:27 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
See here: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=91128
Old 08-02-2019, 07:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For typography, can one of the elements be word art from a kit? Or do both parts of the title have to be made from an alpha or a font? I frequently use word art as part of my title and add in the rest using a contrasting font or alpha.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
Message me on FB if you get stuck--I'm always there, via phone. But I can help you.

Its a lot like Bingo, just easier!
Old 08-04-2019, 09:47 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Whoa - you weren't kidding that Krista was a master at Pocket Card scrapping. She's AMAZING!!!

Thanks for the challenge and the inspiration!
www.gallerystandouts.com
Old 08-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Did we ever hear an answer on whether Getaway layouts can be used for the Passport? Some are in the inspiration thread, so I am hoping the answer is yes? Thanks!
Old 08-05-2019, 11:54 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysheryl View Post
Did we ever hear an answer on whether Getaway layouts can be used for the Passport? Some are in the inspiration thread, so I am hoping the answer is yes? Thanks!
I didn't see one yet-came here to check that. I also need some assistance with the color challenge as usual if anyone has suggestions
Old 08-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
I didn't see one yet-came here to check that. I also need some assistance with the color challenge as usual if anyone has suggestions
Ashley, below are a few kits I found which might work for the color challenge. Hope that helps!

Old 08-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

For #17 Scrap Stash: Everyday Word Art - I initially read this as using 'Everyday' in a layout but after re-reading, just noticed it said Word Art. Would a Flair be accepted, or is it word art only?
Old 08-07-2019, 11:06 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaculeah View Post
Ashley, below are a few kits I found which might work for the color challenge. Hope that helps!

THANK U! I think that with the kits having a variety of "flavor" that may not match the whole palette is what throws me for a loop. My brain wants to reconcile only those colors and cannot pick one or two from a bunch
Old 08-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysheryl View Post
I haven't seen an answer yet, but I'm seeing several layouts being cross posted in both challenges. Did it get approved somewhere else and I just can't find it?
Old 08-09-2019, 01:50 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Sorry for the late reply! I’m still away on vacay and just happened to check the forums.
Since there’s no restriction, I’ll say it’s okay to combine them.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:52 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
For typography, can one of the elements be word art from a kit? Or do both parts of the title have to be made from an alpha or a font? I frequently use word art as part of my title and add in the rest using a contrasting font or alpha.
Since the instruction says font and/or alpha, please stick to just those two. 🙂
Old 08-09-2019, 01:53 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
For #17 Scrap Stash: Everyday Word Art - I initially read this as using 'Everyday' in a layout but after re-reading, just noticed it said Word Art. Would a Flair be accepted, or is it word art only?
Word art only please. 😊
Old 08-13-2019, 02:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What's color blocking exactly?

Rectangle shapes filled with colorful papers? can it be any other shapes?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
What's color blocking exactly?

Rectangle shapes filled with colorful papers? can it be any other shapes?
I would say shapes have to be rectangular or square (like what kids play with when you think of blocks). Here is another example of that with an older layout I did.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

thanks Mary!! It makes total sense.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm really struggling with square #5, with the daily schedule. Since I'm home on long-term disability, and my health varies so much day-to-day, I can't keep a schedule. Would it be okay instead to do a page about a trip where the schedule for the trip is in list form?

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:15 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
I'm really struggling with square #5, with the daily schedule. Since I'm home on long-term disability, and my health varies so much day-to-day, I can't keep a schedule. Would it be okay instead to do a page about a trip where the schedule for the trip is in list form?
I think a trip schedule sounds great, Angie. I'd say go ahead and do that.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know we can use designers old kits but what about an old kit that was a scoop and now only one of the designers is here and its not in store anymore? Is that too old for a current challenge?
Old 08-26-2019, 08:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I know we can use designers old kits but what about an old kit that was a scoop and now only one of the designers is here and its not in store anymore? Is that too old for a current challenge?
I’m not the official say but for myself if it’s a scoop, one of the designers is current, I use it because at least one of the two is still in the store, even if it’s a retired kit. Take for example, all of the Disney collections between Amber and Megs, I still use them because Megs is current in the store.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I’m not the official say but for myself if it’s a scoop, one of the designers is current, I use it because at least one of the two is still in the store, even if it’s a retired kit. Take for example, all of the Disney collections between Amber and Megs, I still use them because Megs is current in the store.
makes sense thanks for the input
Old 08-26-2019, 09:01 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

What Wendy said is correct, Tanyia.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:39 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have a question about Challenge #3. It says to use any solo product from one of our featured designers. Does that mean I can only use one kit? Or can I use products by that designer from multiple kits as long as the kits are her solo kits?

For example, if I wanted to use Untamed, could I mix it with Meow, both by Digilicious?
www.gallerystandouts.com
Old 08-27-2019, 11:52 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaMom96 View Post
I have a question about Challenge #3. It says to use any solo product from one of our featured designers. Does that mean I can only use one kit? Or can I use products by that designer from multiple kits as long as the kits are her solo kits?

For example, if I wanted to use Untamed, could I mix it with Meow, both by Digilicious?
You can use multiple of the designer's solo kits on your page.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

quick question. Do I need to have anything in the blank space for the layout love challenge on the passport layout?

Also being new to this passport thing I can tell these passport layouts would have been lovely to save for a little book of the years challenges even! How cute! Do you know yet if you will be doing this next year as well?
Old 08-28-2019, 12:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
quick question. Do I need to have anything in the blank space for the layout love challenge on the passport layout?

Also being new to this passport thing I can tell these passport layouts would have been lovely to save for a little book of the years challenges even! How cute! Do you know yet if you will be doing this next year as well?
I'm not sure about next year, but I can answer about the Love space: the rules say:
"Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥ "

Old 08-28-2019, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I'm not sure about next year, but I can answer about the Love space: the rules say:
"Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥ "

thank you so much, I must have missed it some how.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think it's too early to know yet. Robin will take into account how well received the passport system has been, and decide from there. I would assume if there is great enthusiasm and continuing participation from the members then it is likely to stay longer, but that's up to the boss.